Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 18:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!

Looks like I'm the first to post here.

Got back home about half an hour back. Awesome meet.

Thanks to Krish, I had an awesome ride up the mountain. Both of us went ahead of the cars and had our own hill climb. Coming back down was even more fun!

It was good fun meeting many of the T-BHPians. Spent a lot of time in particular wit VJ Maverick, JAssi, Krish, Vinayind, Abhishek, rajeev kulkarni and Abhinetra.

Finally, many many thanks to Rahul. Poor guy hardly got a moment to enjoy the meet himself. Always running around making sure the drinks were served, etc... Hats off to this guy!!
Old 7th December 2008, 18:43   #2
BHPian

Looks like I'm the second to post here.

Got back home at about 6pm back. Awesome meet.

I had an awesome ride up the mountain. Coming back down was even more fun! And the overall GQ experience was amazing, managed 160+ kmph on multiple sections this time with the new FFE on my santro!!

It was good fun meeting all of the T-BHPians. Spent a lot of time in particular with VJ Maverick, Nikhilb2008, Krish, Vinayind, Abhishek, rajeev kulkarni, Abhinetra and Vasu

Finally, many many thanks to Rahul very well organized meet, except for the morning late start

Waiting for the pics guys!

PS - i am too tired to type, so just editing nikhil's post and reposting :-P

Last edited by jassi : 7th December 2008 at 18:44.
Old 7th December 2008, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Good drive for me and my family too. Thanks to all.

Good FE figures on my stock Santro for this trip: 18.5 litres for 325kms. (17.56kmpl)
Old 7th December 2008, 18:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

It was a good meet and the drive was good all the way up.It was indeed a meet with record number of Bangy bhpians attending it. Met many folks as Nikhil and Jassi mentioned and once again thanks Rahul for organizing this one. I think with so many members showing up, could not get a chance to meet every one but certainly caught up with old ones and also newbies.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:37   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It was a very nice meet, thanks to all those who turned up. Like someone mentioned the turnout at A2B was around 75 I guess. A detailed report shall be up soon.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:40   #6
BANNED

Hey.. was a great trip indeed.. Though didnt interact will all, had good time chatting with some of the BHPians.

I managed to touch 170+ on my ride. Screwed up my FE this time. got 10.8kmpl today. Thanks to the heavy revving!!! touched 100+ on second gear for the first time. My Poor ride.

Thanks Rahul for arranging the drive. Hope some more of these come up in future as well!!

Cheers,
Gagan
Old 7th December 2008, 19:50   #7
@ri
BHPian

It was a really good meet guys! had a wonderful time and a great drive. Managed speeds of 150 whereabouts, the first time for me on my (little) Zen and amazingly got an FE of 16 .
The drive up the mountain was a real treat. Maybe guys we could have another small drive up Nandi hills! Don't know how many would be game for that but I guess it would be fun too!

@Rahul: you simply rock dude! Kudos to you for managing to organize the meet with such a good turnout of members and cars. Keep on the great job and hope to meet you all again for many more such trips.
cheers:

~@ri
Old 7th December 2008, 19:59   #8
BHPian

Amazing meet but unfortunately didn't meet up with all the members.
managed to hit 140 on my R15.
All credit to Rahul for organizing a successful meet,hope he makes it for the next meet in his turbo car .

Last edited by TARUL : 7th December 2008 at 20:02.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:59   #9
SBR
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I missed this trip despite reconfirming. Urgent commitment came up at work and had to stay back. Hope you guys had a great time and had loads of fun.

Will surely join the next T-BHP meet. Waiting for the details of the meet.
Old 7th December 2008, 21:43   #10

Its was one awesome drive. This is the first time I took the car to 160. Had a great time speaking to fellow TBHPians, especially after the beers .
Some pics are available @
http://picasaweb.google.com/vinayind/TeamBHPYelagiri7thDec2008?authkey=y0AzdghHd6Y#
Old 7th December 2008, 22:38   #11
BHPian

Nice meet. More pics more pics!

Looks like mjothi didn't come. Else he would have given a 'detailed' report running into 'couple of pages'
Old 7th December 2008, 23:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Where are the pics guys?
Old 8th December 2008, 07:53   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It took me most part of the night to figure out the nicks and knacks of online transfers. By the time I was done with the confirmed list, got all payments ticked off individually against their names it was time to get going.

Reached Vellara junction at 6am to pick up Javed. From there we headed to Jay's house to pick him up and tag along with mem045_m in what is probably the quickest SX4 in the country right now. Then we went to pick up the HKS man, obviously they do make cars go real quick, but waking up and getting ready by 6:30 am on a Sunday morning is not their idea of a fun drive .

Sisters from the same mother.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1870.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1873.jpg

Oh! By now around 15 cars have already reached Dakshin Honda and members are getting impatient. We sped off in the SX4 only to find out that Hosur Road for some odd reason decided to play spoilsport with our idea of a fun drive. Visibility was down to 5ft perhaps, owing to thick fog. Not a good start, the organizer is late by 45 mins and the weather doesn't look too promising for a drive. I am sorry for keeping you all waiting guys, I can assure you that was a first. Well talking about a first time, there was something else as well. This was the first time that 90% of the people confirmed actually landed up on time. I expected 10% to show up at 6:30, another 30% to show up by 7:30 and the rest would join us at A2B directly.

I get out of the car and go nearer to the entrance of Dakshin Honda to find out that we had almost 30 cars parked there and a horde of members. Since many were getting impatient and freezing we decided to stop over at A2B for breakfast.

Some pics taken at the entrance to A2B. Guys, kindly identify your cars.

Brraj's elantra.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1876.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1877.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1879.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1880.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1883.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1885.jpg

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1886.jpg

Karthik's OHC.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1888.jpg

It was chaos at A2B. I have been here quite often but it was never this FULL. There were traffic jams everywhere. Waiting lists for dosas and idlys looked longer than the waiting periods SMIL gives us. The place was abuzz with 75+ members. One could not identify the members from the civilians who came to A2B. We must have had atleast 40 cars, 4 bikes. Pity no one got down to getting all of them together for a photo shoot here.

Then we had yours truely mark attendance, while some people where investigating finger prints on a local bus . It was super fun this mini-meet @ A2B.

Contd.....
Old 8th December 2008, 09:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
...Looks like mjothi didn't come. Else he would have given a 'detailed' report running into 'couple of pages'
Well, he was with me + few others doing a recee for a new OTR trail around 'Savan durga' :-)

Oh and yes, BTW, nice pics. Keep them coming..

Cheers,
Old 8th December 2008, 09:46   #15
@ri
BHPian

Managed to organize few of the pics in Chronogical order right from the first meet-up location @ Dakshin Honda to the final destination!

Picasa Web Albums - @ri - YelagiriDrive...

A total distance of about 157 kms with speeds maxxing @ 150 for me! It was a drive worth every bit. Personally I loved the drive on the ghat stretch
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks