Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 14:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Not surprised at all. You actually weren't pushing the car much unlike these guys who were constantly hitting top speeds for most part of the journey. I mean, I never saw them back off at all.
True very true. My car's engine has just been rebuilt and has finished running in. So was being a little conservative. Waiting for it to settle in properly before I start pushing it. Also the map on the ECU is a very conservative driving city map which is running near perfect stoich ratios on the wideband.

Note to self: Talk to RD Karthik about feasibility of switchable maps on ECU.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Not surprised at all. You actually weren't pushing the car much unlike these guys who were constantly hitting top speeds for most part of the journey. I mean, I never saw them back off at all.

Sadly, I wanted to see atleast one car just blow the Elantra's out. Then we would have seen a turbo upgrade on one of them .

I am quite sure Peter doesn't have a way to switch between maps on the fly, though I am not sure if he will give you two maps which you could load yourself using the laptop whenever you need. Besides, when you own an RS and can remap it, I doubt one would bother much on what FE it returned. I mean, comeon you can afford it.

Actually Satya is writing a detailed report on his car. So I guess we will have to wait for that to come out.
i agree with u rahul , i never cared abt the fuel eficiency of the rs until of course people started pointing out the elantras mileage , lol , considering they are havin almost as much fun for half the price .
is tadukuttans elantra also " boosted" ?
also i would have liked to get along side the turbo sx4 , just to know how how fast it really is .
Old 9th December 2008, 14:47   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
My car's engine has just been rebuilt and has finished running in. So was being a little conservative.

Note to self: Talk to RD Karthik about feasibility of switchable maps on ECU.
Rebuilt? Didn't know you had issues with your engine. Yes, switchable maps is a boon for us. I had asked RDK the same when I got my ECU installed, but on that version they had just discontinued the multi map option.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rebuilt? Didn't know you had issues with your engine. Yes, switchable maps is a boon for us. I had asked RDK the same when I got my ECU installed, but on that version they had just discontinued the multi map option.
Sorry used the wrong word. Got an upgrade is more like it. I upgraded the block to a G15 with my previous turbo setup.

Edit: Had no issues with the previous block, it's in perfect working condition.

Last edited by vikram_d : 9th December 2008 at 14:50.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:52   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Spoke to him just now and it is available. He is asking for 3 days to do the job.

Yes, why not?
@Siddarth - If you can afford then definitely go for petes remap, So that we can see a elantra with bigger turbo
Before going for a remap you should seriously change your stock tyres.
really ,, ok ,, cool ,,, thanx raj ,, i will get in touch with him ,, also i was wondering if i can also get the turbo boost control unit like u have on ur elantra.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:32   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

@siddartha: looks like you hooked on to driving man. Great. What ever one does, one should do with 100% passion. I can for sure see that in you (from OTR's). Great sid.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:37   #97
BHPian

@siddartha, I dont see why you cant get a boost controller. But would suggest you research the boost levels that it can hold.

Vijay
Old 9th December 2008, 15:40   #98
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
@siddartha, I dont see why you cant get a boost controller. But would suggest you research the boost levels that it can hold.

Vijay
The RS engine can hold up a lot of boost, given that the same block without any mods can be taken to 230bhp with just a re-map and with a turbo and intercooler upgrade & remap it can be pushed to 300 bhp.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
The RS engine can hold up a lot of boost, given that the same block without any mods can be taken to 230bhp with just a re-map and with a turbo and intercooler upgrade & remap it can be pushed to 300 bhp.
what i really intended to find out was whether the greddy unit suits the skoda, as in if its a direct fit in terms of compatability ,,, and also if the boost control unit and the remaps will work in tadem or independently or if ecm settings/ remaps have to be based on the turbo boost control unit ????????????????????????????????? lots of questions
Old 9th December 2008, 16:19   #100
BHPian

guys guys guys this is the meet report thread. can this be moved to a turbo controller and ECU remap thread in the technical section?
Old 9th December 2008, 16:33   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
guys guys guys this is the meet report thread. can this be moved to a turbo controller and ECU remap thread in the technical section?
MY APOLOGIES,,, really sorry guys
Old 9th December 2008, 16:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

How easy it is for us guys to go off topic and we don't even realize it. Thanks for pointing out valhallen

Last edited by vikram_d : 9th December 2008 at 16:48.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:47   #103
BHPian

I spotted the SX4 flying on the krishnagiri route around 4.30pm. I was on my R15, riding back from MMSC. That thing was super fast.
A detailed performance report on memo's SX4 will be a treat.

Joel
Old 9th December 2008, 16:52   #104
BHPian

i completely agree with u vikram,
Old 9th December 2008, 17:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
@siddartha: looks like you hooked on to driving man. Great. What ever one does, one should do with 100% passion. I can for sure see that in you (from OTR's). Great sid.
very kind of u shanavaz and thanx, so was thr otr good enough to miss yelagiri ,,, and what can i say isnt that the common passion why we are all here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks