Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 09:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
And as for some of the guys who are not "comfortable" driving with newbies, me think that is just an excuse for having slow cars with free flaw exhausts/mods.
Now, is that taunt enough to get some better company next drive?

Whoa Tadu, that seems more like a challenge then a taunt
Count it excuses or count it insecurity but I am out, dont want to be wrapped around a pole trying to prove you wrong.
Cheers
Old 10th December 2008, 10:02   #122
BHPian

Yo IceMan, I thought you/Vikram told me you slept through the drive up to Yelagiri, and you did not get your car either?

Did not realize you were feeling uncomfortable in your deep slumber?
Old 10th December 2008, 10:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

I slept till A2B, Was awake after that.
I did not feel uncomfortable since I did not have to prove anything
Old 10th December 2008, 10:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
I slept till A2B, Was awake after that.
I did not feel uncomfortable since I did not have to prove anything
But I have! And that is not about having the fastest car.

I thought it was pretty uncool of oldies to post on this thread about being uncomfortable driving with newbies. We invite all the new guys to drive together with us, and it is pretty sad to read posts which imply that regulars are uncomfortable driving with the new guys who join in. Having that conversation in private is one thing, but posting it on the meet thread is pretty un-cool.

If you are not driving, or driving for mileage etc, say that. Instead of blaming it on having new guys who make you uncomfortable etc.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:59   #125
Senior - BHPian

Where has anybody said that we were uncomfortable with the new people's driving style? All I said was that I did not want to take unnecessary risks with new people around. I was extremely comfortable with new people around. It is only that I did not want to get into a pissing contest with anybody. And oh you can't expect everybody to be as good a driver as you. You and your car can consistently do 200+ then good for you. My car maybe capable of doing it but I as a driver am not comfortable at those speeds on our highways with or without new people being around.

And another point, the reason for my joining the drive was not to prove to people as to how fast my car is or isn't. I came for the drive to meet up with all the old and new folks who I have not met in a long time. If you noticed, I pushed my car when I felt like and if approached by a faster car I simply gave way and let them (including you) overtake. With 30+ vehicles doing insane speeds I for one will never take a punga with anybody. Be it new or old.

The only time I hit 180 on my car was to check how it handles at those speeds. And being a swift it held till 180. Anything above that I could feel the front floating around. And I was extremely uncomfortable with that.

Seems like you came only to show you have the fastest car around. Tadu we are both grown up enough to realize that such taunts are not meant for an open forum.

To end this argument and for the record I say my car is not faster than yours and I don't care to find out if it is or not. Nor am I a good driver like you. There you go. You win. Happy?
Old 10th December 2008, 11:09   #126
Team-BHP Support

I missed this as I was out of the country. Without reading the many verbose mails

1: I do not think anyone is certified or has the credential to comment on someone elses driving unless they are doing something outrightly dangerous,,,or they hve some credible roadcraft credentials and role model!

2: "Assessing the newbies" driving - Poor folks, they came to meet us folks and enjoy, not to be assessed. If I want to be assessed and evaluated, I will visit a proctologist

Again - as Vikram said - this is becoming a pissing contect
Old 10th December 2008, 11:15   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
2: "Assessing the newbies" driving - Poor folks, they came to meet us folks and enjoy, not to be assessed. If I want to be assessed and evaluated, I will visit a proctologist
Thank you Ajmat, I dont think anybody could have said it better.

@vikram, I have no clue what you are ranting about???
Old 10th December 2008, 11:19   #128
BHPian

guys with all the talk on newbies oldies - i don't know where i fall - newbie or oldie

but yeah i would like to mention that those newbies who look at me as an oldie, I was not uncomfortable with anyones driving style and to those oldies who I am a newbie, I hope i didn't make you uncomfy - now i am super confused but i guess my point came across ok

Overall I would like to mention that everyone drove quite responsibly with the indicators and all at the right times and slowing down with enough signals when needed. I was following vj_mav's alto and he was driving quite well!!

BTW I was in the SLOW ffe'd santro (slow compared to 200kmph cars, quite fast at 130-160kmph though for a santro)

Last edited by jassi : 10th December 2008 at 11:21.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:21   #129
BHPian

Guys please let us have peace. for the record on any road good or bad if you know the other drivers or not road safety comes first. even if you know people treat them as another driver on the road that way you and they are both safe. we never know what may go wrong. i don't think anyone has anything to prove except to themselves. if you speed be wary and cautious your concentration needs to double as your vision turns into a tunnel. so your life and safety first before speed.
If you can speed very well but you never know what the road will throw at you. we are all a team here please let us not argue this anymore.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

I second Jassi as we were basically the sweeper cars while going and we kept pace with each other and let the faster cars cruise along. I hit 150KMPH @ one stretch only to see how my "Maverick" handles but honestly kept my pace @ around 100 to 110KMPH along with Jatin and definitely it was great driving experience with a lot of cars revving around with those insane sounds .

Having said this are there no more Pics taken?

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 10th December 2008 at 11:26.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:28   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[left]And as for some of the guys who are not "comfortable" driving with newbies, me think that is just an excuse for having slow cars with free flaw exhausts/mods.
Now, is that taunt enough to get some better company next drive?
Quote:
I thought it was pretty uncool of oldies to post on this thread about being uncomfortable driving with newbies. We invite all the new guys to drive together with us, and it is pretty sad to read posts which imply that regulars are uncomfortable driving with the new guys who join in. Having that conversation in private is one thing, but posting it on the meet thread is pretty un-cool.

If you are not driving, or driving for mileage etc, say that. Instead of blaming it on having new guys who make you uncomfortable etc.
Quote:
@vikram, I have no clue what you are ranting about???
This is what I am talking about. For as to what I have to say I guess you have already read it.

For the record, I don't have any problems with any new people around. It is just that I will not do insane speeds with so many cars around on a public highway. Be it T-Bhpians of other road users. I just don't have the guts for it. You do, then good for you. I just hope and pray that this does not lead you into anything horrible. Also please remember your son was in the car.

Last edited by vikram_d : 10th December 2008 at 11:33.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:29   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, remember seeing you. Was catching up with the Skoda RS ahead so that we can get it on Video. Hopefully, I was no trouble while passing!
No, Not at all, I realised that you were overtaking only after I saw you car in front of me . Its just that I am jelous of fatser cars that touch 200+ speeds easily and my poor baby swift doesnt

BTW, I was so impressed with the elentras on the trip that I have asked my dad to replace our old skoda with an Elentra

Last edited by zerocritical : 10th December 2008 at 11:30.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:35   #133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Vikram, Amit I think you guys need to calm down a bit. We get it that you came to enjoy the drive and so it should be. And let this thread stay at that, than making excuses for why you guys drove slow because no one really wants to know. So I guess the comments about the new drivers being around that made you uncomfortable is totally uncalled for.

We all enjoyed the drive, and I for one would not like a meet like this be ruined to fight your ego battles here. If you want, I shall organize a track day and you guys can prove how quick or not your cars are there.

For now, cut this nonsence here and stop derailing this thread.

Tadu, chill out. Maybe you just intimidated some of them fast cars by just blowing past them in your diesel vandi. And maybe they took your light hearted taunt a little too seriously. Let us all peace out, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I missed this as I was out of the country. Without reading the many verbose mails

1: I do not think anyone is certified or has the credential to comment on someone elses driving unless they are doing something outrightly dangerous,,,or they hve some credible roadcraft credentials and role model!

Ajit, we surely missed your RS. Been waiting to see it in action for a long time now. And completely agree with what you said. I for one loved this meet for the sheer enthusiasm shown by our new members who turned out in such huge numbers and made this meet a huge success. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of them who were so co-operative in transferring the funds etc. I have never seen such enthusiasm from members old or new for a while now.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 11:53.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Tadu, chill out. Maybe you just intimidated some of them fast cars by just blowing past them in your diesel vandi. And maybe they took your light hearted taunt a little too seriously. Let us all peace out, shall we?
The "taunt" is probably cause of too much whiskey. Chill out, and lets change topic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
hehehe. I got 14kmpl for the whole trip. Speeds varying between 120 - 180kmph. Also return trip was mix of aircon on & off.
Nice dude, the extensive mods were intended for getting more mileage? Nice figures, I guess this is more than a stock swift?

Last edited by tadukuttan : 10th December 2008 at 11:43.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

I think the point of safety is being entirely missed here among the mine-is-bigger-than-yours claims.

In a group, its natural that one will try to outdo another, irrespective of how much experience one has had. And that can lead to disastrous consequences. Specially when there are people in the group who dont have any experience of driving in a group. I remember in one of the Krishnagiri drives some years back, i nearly rear ended another member's car while taking off. So, if someone eases off in such a group drive, i think taunting that person is what is highly uncalled for. No matter how light hearted it may be. Everyone has his/her own definition of being responsible. Respect that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks