Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 12:11   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
In a group, its natural that one will try to outdo another, irrespective of how much experience one has had. And that can lead to disastrous consequences.
Amitoj, in my tenure of attending these drives I am yet to come across an incident where a member drove to outdo the other. Atleast at the front of the pack. It was never a competition, if it was you would see videos of elantra's overtaking baleno's, tced esteems, sx4's, swifts, RS' by cutting them off etc. None of which has even happened and proof of this are the videos. That said, safety has always been of prime concern. Which is why we advocate cars with good braking, accelerating, handling capabilities with a good driver ONLY to do such speeds, that too preferably after some training on the track.

Quote:
Everyone has his/her own definition of being responsible. Respect that.
You are right on that one, but at the same time saying that new drivers being around was the reason for them to drive slow is quite uncalled for. If you don't want to be around new drivers get ahead of the pack or drop back a little and please your speed nerves or just keep your mouth shut, because no one really wants to know a reason why a particular car was slow. And while at it don't give excuses to prove to the world (who had great expectations from a particular car) that you were just being responsible, because even Vikram has quoted that he has done 180kmph which is obviously not being responsible on a public highway either. All I am saying is, stop preaching just for the heck of it to portray a good picture of yourself while trying to point fingers at others. I just feel it is insecurity more than anything else.

I have seen many posts from some people involved here mentioning how some cars are never driven the way they are meant to be. Maybe thats all Tadu was trying to point out, after spending so much on modding your cars maybe they should be driven the way they should be (and not harping about FE figures, I would rather do that on my stock car). I don't see a reason to get worked up for that, honestly.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 12:16.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You are right on that one, but at the same time saying that new drivers being around was the reason for them to drive slow is quite uncalled for. If you don't want to be around new drivers get ahead of the pack or drop back a little and please your speed nerves or just keep your mouth shut, because no one really wants to know a reason why a particular car was slow.
Rahul you may have the nerves to do 200+ with so many cars around. I don't. Maybe I'm a sissy, so be it. I have never blamed the new drivers. In fact the few that I overtook did not cause any problems as they were all polite and let me through while I did the same with people faster than me.

Quote:
And while at it don't give excuses to prove to the world (who had great expectations from a particular car) that you were just being responsible
I dont know how fast my car is and I don't intend to find out.

Quote:
because even Vikram has quoted that he has done 180kmph which is obviously not being responsible on a public highway either.
I did this after I had ensured all the cars had overtaken me and there was nobody behind me. You remember when we had stopped or the tender coconut my car was the last to show up.

Quote:
All I am saying is, stop preaching just for the heck of it to portray a good picture of yourself while trying to point fingers at others.
I am not preaching and most certainly not trying to point fingers at anybody. I just said that I don't have the guts to drive the way you people do.

Quote:
I have seen many posts from some people involved here mentioning how some cars are never driven the way they are meant to be. Maybe thats all Tadu was trying to point out, after spending so much on modding your cars maybe they should be driven the way they should be (and not harping about FE figures, I would rather do that on my stock car). I don't see a reason to get worked up for that, honestly.
As far driving a modded car is concerned. It is my money that built my car and I am going to drive it within my limits and not the car's limits. You have a different way of driving your modded car and I have my way of driving it. Can you respect that.

I have never said a word about any of your (3 very fast elantras) driving styles as it is not my place to comment. It is for them to decide how they drive their car. Similarly it for me to decide how I drive my car. There isn't a single rule in any rule book which says that a modded car has to be driven fast only. I will bloody well will drive my car the way I want to and also harp about mileage figures if I want to.

Fast car + slow driver (me) = slow car. I hope you know this.

Last edited by vikram_d : 10th December 2008 at 12:35.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amitoj, in my tenure of attending these drives I am yet to come across an incident where a member drove to outdo the other. Atleast at the front of the pack.
LOL. Right. I will buy that when pigs are flying. You think video from one camera is convincing evidence?

Quote:
You are right on that one, but at the same time saying that new drivers being around was the reason for them to drive slow is quite uncalled for. If you don't want to be around new drivers get ahead of the pack or drop back a little and please your speed nerves or just keep your mouth shut, because no one really wants to know a reason why a particular car was slow.
Whoa boy! Dont get carried away. If you dont want to know a reason, you are welcome to close your eyes. I dont think you have, as yet, earned the right to stop someone from providing their viewpoint.

Quote:
And while at it don't give excuses to prove to the world (who had great expectations from a particular car) that you were just being responsible, because even Vikram has quoted that he has done 180kmph which is obviously not being responsible on a public highway either.
Doing 180 is, in your words, not responsible. Doing 200+ is? I'm sorry i must have been sleeping when they were distributing logic. Nevermind.
Old 10th December 2008, 12:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:

No Ankith, you got me wrong there. Infact, we (tadu & myself) noticed almost every car on the road and how each of you drove. What I meant is if someone is not comfortable driving around some cars or members (new or old) they hardly know about, what they can do is just get up front and carry on their journey. The same applies to you as well, incase you aren't comfortable driving around a particular car you can either drop back or just get ahead and keep away from that car or group of cars. .

Thanks for clearing that Rahul. I aint taking any ones side but the drive was surely not a race or something of that kind. About the a few seniors not being comfortable with the new drivers I dont know why but I am just conscious if there was a mistake from my side.

Lets change the topic. Here are a few pics my friend took.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070019.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070023.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070024.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070026.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070030.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070031.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070034.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070039.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070058.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070059.jpg  

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-pc070029.jpg  

Old 10th December 2008, 12:46   #140
BANNED

Nobody had flame throwers installed on their cars?
Old 10th December 2008, 12:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Nobody had flame throwers installed on their cars?
So old School, eh? Some of the gadgets used - List of James Bond gadgets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and James Bond Vehicles - James Bond Wiki
Old 10th December 2008, 12:55   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Rahul you may have the nerves to do 200+ with so many cars around. I don't. Maybe I'm a sissy, so be it. I have never blamed the new drivers. In fact the few that I overtook did not cause any problems as they were all polite and let me through while I did the same with people faster than me.
Vikram, if you notice the previous drives I have stayed ahead of the pack while doing these speeds and been selective about the cars around me, not because I was afraid or new drivers but mainly because I didn't want to scare them zipping past at those speeds.

Quote:
I did this after I had ensured all the cars had overtaken me and there was nobody behind me. You remember when we had stopped or the tender coconut my car was the last to show up.
Precisely my point. I think brraj's elantra, Siddartha's Skoda and Tadu's elantra were way ahead of the pack and were not putting anyones life at risk with the way they were driving. So your comments like the ones below don't go well.
Quote:
And oh you can't expect everybody to be as good a driver as you. You and your car can consistently do 200+ then good for you.
Quote:
Seems like you came only to show you have the fastest car around.
Quote:
Nor am I a good driver like you. There you go. You win. Happy?
Quote:
You do, then good for you. I just hope and pray that this does not lead you into anything horrible. Also please remember your son was in the car.
Quote:
I am not preaching and most certainly not trying to point fingers at anybody. I just said that I don't have the guts to drive the way you people do.
Vikram, some of your posts are just trying to indicate that you are a responsible driver while some of us are highly irresponsible to drive the way we do. Maybe unintentionally, but thats what your posts portray to others. So maybe you need to have a re-think before you post, I think you are getting emotinally carried away by this topic.

Boss, all I am trying to say is. Memo's SX4 was quick too. Everyone expected a lot from it. But Pavan too backed off when the tires weren't holding up and the brakes were smoking. How come they aren't trying to put out any excuses here? How come no one is taking a taunt at them?

All I remember is you saying, Amit was asleep so didn't want to drive fast as he kept falling off (??), then saying you were being conservative because of a rebuilt motor, now saying you were just being careful because of new drivers being around, now a complete reversal of topic by saying I don't intend to find out how fast my car is nor do I have the guts to drive so fast all seem like just excuses to all. Like I mentioned before no one needs to know an answer why you were slow, just the same way no one is asking why memo's car backed off after a while. But since the whole excuses thing started off, maybe it is time to set the record straight by saying that is the way you drive always and it wont change anytime soon.

I have been in this field enough to know that when you mod a car it should be driven the way it should be. No nannying the car around town claiming high FE figures when you ought to be making use of every penny you have put into achieving those horses from a motor. You know, its like someone saying, I have an F1 car and it gives 5kmpl rather than saying, I have an F1 car and it can do a lap around Monza in 1:xx. I mean its pointless IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
LOL. Right. I will buy that when pigs are flying. You think video from one camera is convincing evidence?
No! But I have sharp eyes that identify the good drivers from the bad (you could perhaps ask your close friends whom you believe if I am accurate or not). And least to say I have been to every single drive and can say I have seen enough to make that call. Maybe you should just come more often to the drives.

Quote:
Doing 180 is, in your words, not responsible. Doing 200+ is? I'm sorry i must have been sleeping when they were distributing logic. Nevermind.
Did I say doing 200+ was responsible? I would like you to highlight one post of mine that says so. Yes, I do 200+ plus but I don't advocate others not to do so at the same time. All I am saying is practice what you preach, if not shut up! Is this so hard to understand? I don't think you need a lot of logic to understand such a simple point.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

I have answers for all your questions, but no point posting them here as this will never end otherwise. Dude, I back out of this argument. You have your views and I have mine. So let's just keep them to ourselves.

Last but no the least thanks once again for the great drive and amazing mega meet. Hats off to you for that.

Edit: We can continue talking about this when you get your car out if you like.

Last edited by vikram_d : 10th December 2008 at 13:04.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:04   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Dude, I am out of this argument. You have your views and I have mine. So let's just keep them to ourselves. This will never end if we go on like this.

Last but no the least thanks once again for the great drive and amazing meet. Hats off to you for that.
Exactly my point, lets keep this discussion to our offline meets. It would sadden me to no end to see such a wonderful meet get ruined like this.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Next time hopefully I will have some help with the organizing part so that it can be more meticulous.

Edit: Doubt that will happen anytime soon. Have exams going on till Jan end. Time to study now, not run behind a car.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 13:06.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:08   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate that. Next time hopefully I will have some help with the organizing part so that it can be more meticulous.
Would volunteer but I guess I would just be too slow.

PS: Just kidding on this one. Trust me. Don't take this seriously.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:09   #146
BHPian

oh man , the verbal flames are more deadly , lol ,, the battle on the roads on sunday is NOTHING,compared to the battle of words goin on in the threads!
Old 10th December 2008, 13:10   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Would volunteer but I guess I would just be too slow.

PS: Just kidding on this one. Trust me. Don't take this seriously.
Just get your a car a mini-fridge. That would go a long way in helping me keep everyone happy . Maybe then we will forgive you for being slow, just kidding.

PS: Just realized that Amit is so much more fun when he is running around with his water bottle filled with coke .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 13:14.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:10   #148
BANNED

Bhai Log!!! CHILL... There is no point discussing all this and getting your mood off!!! We had fun at the meet.. Thats it.. Topic Closed!! Next topic please!!
Old 10th December 2008, 13:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just get your a car a mini-fridge. That would go a long way in helping me keep everyone happy . Maybe then we will forgive you for being slow, just kidding.
Already have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Bhai Log!!! CHILL... There is no point discussing all this and getting your mood off!!! We had fun at the meet.. Thats it.. Topic Closed!! Next topic please!!
Yes sir. Argument is over.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No! But I have sharp eyes that identify the good drivers from the bad
But you are always in the front. So.... when do your sharp eyes judge everyone in the drive?
Quote:
Maybe you should just come more often to the drives.
Been there, done that. Maybe will do it again. Maybe wont.
But you cant stop me from posting in the reports

Quote:
Did I say doing 200+ was responsible? I would like you to highlight one post of mine that says so. Yes, I do 200+ plus but I don't advocate others not to do so at the same time. All I am saying is practice what you preach, if not shut up! Is this so hard to understand? I don't think you need a lot of logic to understand such a simple point.
Arre yaar there is a difference between "hitting" 180 and "doing" 200+. When even i can figure that out, it should be crystal clear to you, even in your sleep. I dont know what "practice what you preach" you are referring to.

EDIT: Just now saw the other posts about chilling out. So, am gonna go grab a beer for lunch now. Adios.

Last edited by amitoj : 10th December 2008 at 13:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks