Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 17:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

Vikram, you never said anything about NOT pushing the car on the way down
All said and done great build.

Mclaren, a few cars there would have definitely given the elantras a good run but 200+ cmon buddy not on a drive with unknown drivers around.Another place another time. (no offense meant guys, not pointing fingers) It is just that when you have 20-30 cars the mix is pretty volatile. everyone was out for a fun day keep it to that.
Cheers
Old 9th December 2008, 17:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Vikram, you never said anything about NOT pushing the car on the way down
All said and done great build.
How can I tell you not to push the car when I know that you will not listen. And thank you.

Quote:
Mclaren, a few cars there would have definitely given the elantras a good run but 200+ cmon buddy not on a drive with unknown drivers around.Another place another time. (no offense meant guys, not pointing fingers) It is just that when you have 20-30 cars the mix is pretty volatile. everyone was out for a fun day keep it to that.
Cheers
I agree with Amit here and was mentioning the same point to Tadu & Pavan. We guys know each others driving styles and we also know that none of us will take any stupid risks in spite of driving at insane speeds. But we had a lot of new drivers with us about whom we have absolutely no idea as to who drives how.

Anyways all this is besides the point. Thanks for organising the great meet and taking the pains to ensure that we had record turnout.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Arre bhai, I will listen to you. When I have pushed a running in car now you making me feel guilty. I need a drink now...
Old 9th December 2008, 18:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre bhai, I will listen to you. When I have pushed a running in car now you making me feel guilty. I need a drink now...
I know you will listen. Just kidding raaa.
you seem to find nice reasons for a drink.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Of course it is all Iraghava's influence
Old 9th December 2008, 19:11   #111
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Mclaren, a few cars there would have definitely given the elantras a good run but 200+ cmon buddy not on a drive with unknown drivers around.Another place another time.
Amit, I agree on the unknown drivers thing. Which is why we all do a detailed study on the driving styles of each member before we drive with them. Notice Tadu's elantra following the SX4 & the RS with a safe distance only to study the driving styles of the other drivers on road (so that we know who can drive and can't). If you notice all the videos put up till date closely, you will never see cars trying to overtake dangerously, cutting each other off to be ahead etc. Its all responsible, sensible driving.

Another place another time, and thats what track days are meant for. Sadly the turnout has been disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
We guys know each others driving styles and we also know that none of us will take any stupid risks in spite of driving at insane speeds. But we had a lot of new drivers with us about whom we have absolutely no idea as to who drives how.
Exactly my point. Which is why you see all the videos shot are with people whom you are comfortable driving with. As far as the new drivers are concerned, the idea is simple stay ahead of all of them, and you will stay out of trouble .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
Of course it is all Iraghava's influence
I thought the ONLY influence Ishaan had on others is to teach them to abuse their relatives .

Where are the rest of the reports & pics?
Old 9th December 2008, 19:13   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
How can I tell you not to push the car when I know that you will not listen. And thank you.

I agree with Amit here and was mentioning the same point to Tadu & Pavan. We guys know each others driving styles and we also know that none of us will take any stupid risks in spite of driving at insane speeds. But we had a lot of new drivers with us about whom we have absolutely no idea as to who drives how.

Anyways all this is besides the point. Thanks for organising the great meet and taking the pains to ensure that we had record turnout.
to all the senior bhpians, as one of the newbies in the meet ,i would like to say that i was just expressing my humble opinion/observations regarding the elantras(since i ended up driving with them most of the time) and am sure some of the other cars were very very fast(scary fast) am not even getting into that part.

and i firmly believe that a certain minimum amount of maturity&responsibility is reqd to be driving really fast on a public road , which has been very well pointed by vikram (where he is talking abt the unfamiliarity of the other drivers)
guys i wasnt driving thinkin i was in a "race", not the type to try any stupid stunts.i rather be safe than sorry.
Old 9th December 2008, 19:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
As far as the new drivers are concerned, the idea is simple stay ahead of all of them, and you will stay out of trouble .
Nice point of view. Will keep this in mind next time.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

Nice Video and reports.

My Take - Speeds of over 180+, that too for full stretch and continuously on high speeds. By doing that you are risking not only yourself, but also the others on the road. Have seen on couple of incidents overtaking two-wheelers (taking right at the last moment) and getting closely to a tanker lorry before overtaking it.

May be Iam jealous as I do not have such a driving skill and fault finding

Last edited by Surprise : 9th December 2008 at 20:07.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:45   #115
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Nice Video and reports.

My Take - Speeds of over 180+, that too for full stretch and continuously on high speeds. By doing that you are risking not only yourself, but also the others on the road. Have seen on couple of incidents overtaking two-wheelers (taking right at the last moment) and getting closely to a tanker lorry before overtaking it.

May be Iam jealous as I do not have such a driving skill and fault finding
I completely agree with it. Do agree that most good drivers would be fast and not rash but 'cmon guys don't you think that the worry is not only the fellow drivers but the others on the road who lack the slightest bit of common sense!

I have myself hit speeds exceeding 200 KPH in western countries but there you will not find anyone just jumping onto the road. On the drive itself I was following supersom in his indica and he was doing speeds over 120+ and there was this "hero" in a bike who just came in and supersom had to veer pretty sharp to avoid crashing into him.

Point is it is good to be fast and know the driving styles of other drivers in the group but then on the public roads, there always are these "heros" and be it 100 or 200 we have to be wary of such stuff!
Old 9th December 2008, 23:04   #116
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Jay you were supposed to get his whole face.
Attachment 77719
Didn't fit the frame, not my fault...

@ Tadu : You should have edited the sound in the drive video and put some other song... Now i have a headache...

@ Memo : That's a really fast car you have there, Change the tires to enjoy it more...
Old 10th December 2008, 01:08   #117
BHPian

Seeing all the reports of the previous Yelagiri drives on TBHP I knew that this drive is going to be as good as the previous ones. It was indeed one of the best drives I've had. This was my second TBHP meet and it turned out to be a MEGA MEET with more than 70 people on Rahul's attendance list.

To make sure I get up on time I had kept two alarms. But to my surprise I got up an hour before the alarms rang. Got ready and left my place at the planned time. Had to pick two friends of mine which made me travel around 45kms before reaching Dakshin Honda. I called Rahul and he said that the convoy is already on its way to A2B. I was late(Thanks to my friends). Nevertheless I wanted to make sure that I meet the members at A2B. Reached A2B. I was happy to see the members still having breakfast. The usual hellos to the members I met in the previous meet and also introduced myself to a few others. While driving to A2B I kept telling my friends about the members and their rides coming for the drive.

Breakfast: This was patience testing time due to the long queues. But then we managed to get the tokens and the food and then the usual coffee and smoke combo.

Came out of the restaurant, spotted Vikram's TCed swift and memo's HKSed SX4.
@Vikram: I've always wanted to see the underhood pics of your ride and I made sure that I was around when you opened the hood. I was lucky this time. Awesome ride dude. Way yo go.
Also observed a couple of members TDing the SX4. Lucky guys.

Looking around and seeing all the moded rides, I couldn’t spot Amit's STOCK gaadi. Then I got to know that his love was in Bangalore. Amit, remember the reason you gave for not getting your ride??

Ok now all done with breakfast, we head near Vikram's car for the attendance. This was like a usual college class with amit giving proxy to the other members. After attendance Rahul guided us about the pit stops and the deviations to be taken along the route. Rahul had the patience to announce these details quite a few times and I asked him to give me the details again which he did. @Rahul: Appreciate your patience buddy.

As we start from A2B we were joined by a taxi(white indica). We were quick enough to reach 3 digit speeds and the taxi playing spoil sport. This guy was a major pain. He kept moving all over the road and blocking our cars. But this dint last long. The drive after A2B till the final destination was the best part. This definitely has to be one of the best high speed drives I've ever been on. I managed to touch 180kmph a couple of times.(with speedo error of course)

The cars: SX4, TCed swift, Vtec, RS, Peted Elantras.
Everytime I saw these cars moving/passing by I was praising the drivers behind the wheels whose efforts have made these cars FAST. I was also surprised to see Satya's zen at such high speed. @satya: Well maintained car dude. I missed seeing the ICE on your car.

We took about 4 to 5(not sure) pitstops to make sure the members don’t deviate. During the drive I made sure I give way to the cars behind mine. My apologies to those who felt I blocked their way.(if I ever did)

We reached our destination. All settled. Beer and snacks served to us. We really needed this after the drive. Then there were those usual talks among their respective groups about the drive and the rides and a few members playing around with Rahul's camera. We headed for lunch at around 2.15-2.30. Food seemed quite good but the only disappointment was that a few members(not me) did not get their share of the desserts.

We had our usual group photo session and then I bid goodbye to all the members I possibly could. Heading back home I wanted to keep it low till I hit the highway and then continued cruising. I took quite a few pit stops for the usual coffee and smokes. One of them included a meeting with Zerocritical and we only spoke about the rides which came for the drive. Entered our Bangalore city and we were greeted by moderate traffic. I had to attend a wedding reception on Banerghatta road, so headed there. Met up a few more friends and then finally called it a day. I was back home by 11pm.

Overall it was an awesome experience which included getting up early in the morning, the drive, meeting TBHP members, seeing all their rides. I had traveled more than 400kms. The mileage was about 11kmpl (70% AC while driving towards Yelagiri and 100% AC while coming back)

@Rahul: Cheers to you buddy. A fantastic job done by you. It takes a lot of effort to organize such a MEGA MEET.

The only part which dint go well as enlightened by others, the introduction. I always wanted to meet the senior BHPians and unfortunately I couldn’t recognise them. Not all though. Am sure this point has been taken by all and such a thing will not occur in the future.

This day I also got to know another BHPian working in the same organization as I do. Am sorry dude, I dint get your name.

Cheers to everyone who came along and made this meet a memorable one.

PS: Where are the pics?? There were so many photographers.I shall post a few of them tomorrow as I am still at office.

Quote:
. As far as the new drivers are concerned, the idea is simple stay ahead of all of them, and you will stay out of trouble .

Dude, I aint saying that you are pointing out at someone but do you mean to say that the members who are new to such drives are TROUBLE creators?

Last edited by swift8847 : 10th December 2008 at 01:15.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:29   #118
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Food seemed quite good but the only disappointment was that a few members(not me) did not get their share of the desserts.

The only part which dint go well as enlightened by others, the introduction. I always wanted to meet the senior BHPians and unfortunately I couldn’t recognise them. Not all though. Am sure this point has been taken by all and such a thing will not occur in the future.
Actually just as we were about to have lunch I went inside the kitchen to find out that their main freezer had broken down and the ice cream had melted completely. By the time they froze it back by keeping it in another fridge it took them a while and thats why the delay. But I remember the manager walking up to me and apologizing for this before we left and I think the last group of members who stayed back after we left must have gotten the deserts.

As far as the intro thing is concerned, I am sorry I got held up in trying to organize the food and the drinks and thought you guys would introduce yourselves to each other. When I came back from the kitchen I saw more than half the crowd standing outside and talking to each other, so thought the intro section must have been over. That said, guys kindly don't feel out of place at the future meets. You are free to walk up to anyone and have a chat with them. Up until very recently, we never had an official intro session at the meets. Members would randomly walk up and introduce themselves to each other. Though this point shall be noted while planning future meets and care will be taken that this thing wont repeat again.

Quote:
Dude, I aint saying that you are pointing out at someone but do you mean to say that the members who are new to such drives are TROUBLE creators?
No Ankith, you got me wrong there. Infact, we (tadu & myself) noticed almost every car on the road and how each of you drove. What I meant is if someone is not comfortable driving around some cars or members (new or old) they hardly know about, what they can do is just get up front and carry on their journey. The same applies to you as well, incase you aren't comfortable driving around a particular car you can either drop back or just get ahead and keep away from that car or group of cars. What matters most during such drives is your comfortability level with the cars around you.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 01:32.
Old 10th December 2008, 03:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late post, but better late than never. Kudos to Stumpy for the organ(r)ising, it was nigh flawless.

Amit, Ishan, very soon.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:35   #120
BHPian

Great drive guys, and really, I did not see anybody, new or old, creating "trouble" for the faster cars. All the guys were really nice, and gave way whenever I was passing. Thank you!

And as for some of the guys who are not "comfortable" driving with newbies, me think that is just an excuse for having slow cars with free flaw exhausts/mods.
Now, is that taunt enough to get some better company next drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Guys, in the video at 16:50 time, that was the moment i was talking about at the toll gate. I was driving at 150-160 and these 3 cars elentras and Skoda just zip passed me!!! No wonder they were @ 200+
Yes, remember seeing you. Was catching up with the Skoda RS ahead so that we can get it on Video. Hopefully, I was no trouble while passing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
True very true. My car's engine has just been rebuilt and has finished running in...
In between all this, please dont forget to use the potential of the car once in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
is tadukuttans elantra also " boosted"
It just has a Pete's box, and a K&N stock replacement filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i was wondering if i can also get the turbo boost control unit like u have on ur elantra.
Dont think that is the best way to go about getting a bit more from the RS. Really would suggest you talk to Petes, and see what would fit in your budget.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks