Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 11:15   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I suggest you pickup RdKarthik ecu as there are many options like mileage mode, power mode and stock mode. As you told me your RS gave 5kmpl in the yelagiri drive this is the best option. Get power or mileage by just changing the modes.
No need for the RD Ecu. Pete's remaps are the way to go for the RS.

After every single drive I am more impressed by these diesel elantra's. With Petes box set at stage 2 and AC on not even the RS or a tced SX4 can leave them behind at top end. And the best part is while the RS returned 5kmpl and the SX4 perhaps 6kmpl, the elantra's were returning around 10 kmpl. Thats phenominal given the fact that the cars were on full pelt the whole journey.

Satya, did you shoot a video of the drive? Next time I think we need to make sure all the quick cars have a video camera in them.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:31   #77
BHPian

Hope to get my friends RS next time and that is the car to beat guys it is been redone by god knows who but it is sure a kick a** vehicle to drive waiting for it next drive meet
Old 9th December 2008, 12:10   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
No need for the RD Ecu. Pete's remaps are the way to go for the RS...
I agree that pete's remap are the best for RS but only draw back is that there is no option for to switch back to stock mode like rdkarthiks ecus. If that option is provided by pete's then nothing like it.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thats what u call a MEGGAAA Meet. Great going guys.
I wonder when such a drive is gonna happen in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hope to get my friends RS next time and that is the car to beat guys it is been redone by god knows who but it is sure a kick a** vehicle to drive waiting for it next drive meet
Don't be surprised if one of Elantras is able to keep up with that RS. Has happened before can happen again too.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the best part is while the RS returned 5kmpl and the SX4 perhaps 6kmpl, the elantra's were returning around 10 kmpl.
hehehe. I got 14kmpl for the whole trip. Speeds varying between 120 - 180kmph. Also return trip was mix of aircon on & off.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:26   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
hehehe. I got 14kmpl for the whole trip. Speeds varying between 120 - 180kmph. Also return trip was mix of aircon on & off.

In terms of mileage i have got 17.5 with ac on all the while and max speed reached (with obviously a slight speedo error) was close to 190 kmph
Old 9th December 2008, 13:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
I agree that pete's remap are the best for RS but only draw back is that there is no option for to switch back to stock mode like rdkarthiks ecus. If that option is provided by pete's then nothing like it.
i had spoken to race dynamics abt 6 months ago ,, kartick said he had nothing available for the RS, also what pete does is a remap of the " o.e " ecm europe settings while karthick uses a a new module which i think over-rides the settings of the "o.e", hence the the option of switching on/off is available
Old 9th December 2008, 13:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Thats what u call a MEGGAAA Meet. Great going guys.
I wonder when such a drive is gonna happen in Delhi.

Don't be surprised if one of Elantras is able to keep up with that RS. Has happened before can happen again too.
what is it that is workin for the elantra? is the gear ratios in 4th and 5th , and also i was wondering how much improvement on the 112 bhp the elantras are getting after the boosting the turbo&petes box& intercooler???
Old 9th December 2008, 13:42   #84
BHPian

the rs consumed 15.5 lts for 100 km ,,, on the way back it consumed 10 lts per 100 km,,,,,, very conservative driving on the way back
Old 9th December 2008, 13:45   #85
BHPian

also my tyres are 2 sizes over ,, and i have abt 25 kgs dead weight ,(in car entertainment),, so mileage is definitely a pain in the ...!
Old 9th December 2008, 14:11   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Not surprised at all. You actually weren't pushing the car much unlike these guys who were constantly hitting top speeds for most part of the journey. I mean, I never saw them back off at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Sadly, I wanted to see atleast one car just blow the Elantra's out. Then we would have seen a turbo upgrade on one of them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj
I am quite sure Peter doesn't have a way to switch between maps on the fly, though I am not sure if he will give you two maps which you could load yourself using the laptop whenever you need. Besides, when you own an RS and can remap it, I doubt one would bother much on what FE it returned. I mean, comeon you can afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha
what is it that is workin for the elantra? is the gear ratios in 4th and 5th , and also i was wondering how much improvement on the 112 bhp the elantras are getting after the boosting the turbo & petes box & intercooler???
Actually Satya is writing a detailed report on his car. So I guess we will have to wait for that to come out.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th December 2008 at 14:14.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:15   #87
Senior - BHPian

@ Siddartha - are you attracting the mods? please go through the rules of posting.

hope all of you guys were driving safe and having fun at the same time - superb meet report - but i was expecting MORE PICS from you guys

Milege / F.E. plays such an important Role in our lives.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 9th December 2008 at 14:18.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:25   #88
BHPian

pain in the back pocket ,isnt that where we keep our wallets ,lol ,,, moderators pls note.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:26   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
but i was expecting MORE PICS from you guys
I remember seeing so many cameras out there but hardly any pics being posted here. Guys, kindly come out with all the stuff you have got. And do post your own experiences about the meet.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i had spoken to race dynamics abt 6 months ago ,, kartick said he had nothing available for the RS
Spoke to him just now and it is available. He is asking for 3 days to do the job.

Quote:
Besides, when you own an RS and can remap it, I doubt one would bother much on what FE it returned. I mean, comeon you can afford it.
Yes, why not?
@Siddarth - If you can afford then definitely go for petes remap, So that we can see a elantra with bigger turbo
Before going for a remap you should seriously change your stock tyres.

Last edited by brraj : 9th December 2008 at 14:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks