Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 13:19   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
But you are always in the front. So.... when do your sharp eyes judge everyone in the drive?
Actually we spend some time behind every car till we reach the Krishnagiri toll gate . That gives you enough time to know who the quickies are.

Quote:
Been there, done that. Maybe will do it again. Maybe wont.
But you cant stop me from posting in the reports
I am not stopping you. All I am saying is lets not make each drive thread controversial and personal. Look at the Bombay drives, they drive as fast as us and they all enjoy it. Even if there is some teasing, its taken lightheartedly.

Quote:
Arre yaar there is a difference between "hitting" 180 and "doing" 200+. When even i can figure that out, it should be crystal clear to you, even in your sleep. I dont know what "practice what you preach" you are referring to.
Sirjee, on our roads even 50kmph is deadly. We shall talk about what I am referring to when we meet personally. For now, let the pictures and reports continue.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:20   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Yeah, strobe lights would have been cool as well.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:21   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Yeah, strobe lights would have been cool as well.
God! I so miss my zen. It had strobes (Sam used to call it Disco 82) and some neons as well. Was even planning on adding a flame thrower before the car itself ended up in flames .
Old 10th December 2008, 14:13   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents,

Leave us talk abt the drive report and not "candid" conversations between 3-4 people which can very well be taken offline and not have the rest of the members be inconvenienced reading about.

For what has been, by far, the largest Team-BHP meet, its report thread does not deserve to be locked, dont you think ?
Old 10th December 2008, 14:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

amitoj,..now you talkin my language..
where for beer??
Hrag I second you on both!
ankit, nice pics dude
Old 10th December 2008, 15:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

Hee hee.. .funny thread. Actually great that someone can take responsibility of managing an event like this. Kudos. I somehow am never in town when these events are planned. :-( Missed both the Yelagiri events and the Nandi Hill drive.

I've been on the Bangalore Chennai GQ umpteen times these past few years and uptil Krishnagiri even more. Seen too many things and lost too many people. As long as you'll returned safe and sound its a great relief. :-)

Hopefully I can join in for the next meet.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:21   #157
BHPian

Just meet & eat?!

Hi,

I would like to know if any structured discussions take place at such meets - such as regarding TBHP website related issues, some particular topic on any of the forums, brainstorming/planning for next member events, business solicitations by members etc? I mean ... such meets bring together senior, junior & newbie tbhpians and provides an opportunity for auto and auto-related conversations to take place without the time-delay which we normally face on the forums here ... so why not use such occasions for some serious talking as well?

Such 'conference-ing' will also enable better participation from all the members present who might otherwise sit around in their respective groups. If contrary to my opinion, some discussions did take place at this meet I would like someone to provide the minutes of those discussions please! Kudos to the organisers of this event !
Old 10th December 2008, 20:35   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
I would like to know if any structured discussions take place at such meets - such as regarding TBHP website related issues, some particular topic on any of the forums, brainstorming/planning for next member events, business solicitations by members etc?
Yes we do have such discussions.

Quote:
I mean ... such meets bring together senior, junior & newbie tbhpians and provides an opportunity for auto and auto-related conversations to take place without the time-delay which we normally face on the forums here ... so why not use such occasions for some serious talking as well?
Actually the talks at these meets are not just auto related most of the times. We have discussions ranging from politics to sports to science and technology, basically we discuss almost anything under the sun. For eg, we all talk about cameras, modding cars etc.

Quote:
Such 'conference-ing' will also enable better participation from all the members present who might otherwise sit around in their respective groups.
Thats the whole point, members should make an attempt to approach other members and initiate a conversation. Well this happens normally, but this time I don't know why everyone were so formal (or so I assume). There has never been a hard and fast rule where seniors introduce themselves to the newbies or the other way round. Normally, people just walk upto each other, introduce themselves and start a convo.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2008 at 20:38.
Old 10th December 2008, 21:15   #159
BHPian

I hope future organisers and participants of such meets are not averse to corporate funding of such events. Has the sponsorship issue of such meets been previously discussed? Or shall we leave such meets untainted of business interests?
Old 10th December 2008, 21:51   #160
BANNED

Quote:
I would like someone to provide the minutes of those discussions please!!
No minutes - that would be pedestrian. Only seconds count (corroborated by various sources esp. Google / Youtube / Top Gear).

You really need to attend a few meets to figure out what goes on
Old 10th December 2008, 22:22   #161

Finally!!!

Finally things seem to have cooled down. I feel how fast you drive depends on your skills, your wheels, and also your mood on a given day.
Have been driving for 13 yrs now incident free. A bus driver who taught me driving in a six wheeler told me one thing. You will survive on a road as long as you leave your EGO at home. I follow this advice.
Lighter Stuff
In april this year I did Mumbai Bangalore, and exactly 19 cars and 2 volvo buses overtook me. So I started rating myself as a fast driver(Probably no Team BHPian was driving on NH4 that day). Last Sunday almost everyone was ahead of me(I was driving the Black WagonR).
The best moment for me of the trip was a Red Elantra which came out of nowhere and zipped past me like a bullet between Hosur and A2B in the morning.
Couldnt talk to all the BHPians on Sunday. May be next meet.
Hats off to McLaren for the great event.
Old 10th December 2008, 22:24   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I hope future organisers and participants of such meets are not averse to corporate funding of such events. Has the sponsorship issue of such meets been previously discussed? Or shall we leave such meets untainted of business interests?
No offense, but please do read up a bit more about forum rules etc. And hope to see you around at the next meet!

And no, I don't think "sponsorship" is required, solicited or welcomed.
Old 11th December 2008, 09:06   #163
BHPian

well it was an awesome drive . really hats off to rahul for organising such a huge meet up . all went on smoothly . well i was the one in the noisy vtec and was really happy the way the car was moving . as i was on stock suspension which is really sick i could not take curves at speeds upward of 50 but straights i managed some 200's quite easily . all this and i got an average of 2.5 kmpl . any ways i knew the elantras were fast but i doubt if they are "quick" . any ways thanks guys lets make this a event which comes every 6 months soo that we can meet up and have a good time

karthik
Old 11th December 2008, 09:56   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
... i managed some 200's quite easily . all this and i got an average of 2.5 kmpl .....
.. You sure. 2.5 KMPL? Will take a tough act to beat this. Anyone ready to take him on..?

PS: did you mean 12.5?

Cheers,
Old 11th December 2008, 10:03   #165
Senior - BHPian

Am sure the Arjun tanks possibly would have a chance against that Vtec. Must be a typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks