Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 14:31   #166
BHPian

Right , just put up a post on the Bangalore humps thread. If you don't find me online after today,Consider as me getting Banned by T-bhp .lol
Old 6th April 2009, 14:40   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Right , just put up a post on the Bangalore humps thread. If you don't find me online after today,Consider as me getting Banned by T-bhp .lol

Arun, that HAS to be the POST OF THE YEAR.....brilliant!
Old 6th April 2009, 15:36   #168
BHPian

Guys , i suggest you'll avoid all drives on Necklace road and Tank bund until we have the Boat meet. I don't want any dampener comments and the only visual you shall have of our venue is the one below . Enjoy and feel special

Hyderabad-April Meets-buddhahyd02.jpg .

Edit : where is this picture taken from ? You reckon its the Mansarovar flats , cause if so, Im starting a "Arun wants one of those" charity fund

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 6th April 2009 at 15:38.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:54   #169
Senior - BHPian

I feel there is a close contest between Arun's post on "25 Humps" and RR's #161.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:08   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajesh, i was in no mood for any food dude, i got up at 9pm and started from home at 10pm and cursed myself for taking Neera there. She cursed me for that food.

Surprisingly, the food was really bad. Maybe i should come out of this Gurnihal overdose.

@Arun, awesome idea. Let's make it happen. And, before Himanshu comes back from his trip ( i got too much flab so waiting for a free skinning from him)

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th April 2009 at 17:13.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

T-BHP Meet @ Spar

Seeing the number of people converging at Spar over the weekend to do grocery shopping as per this post Spar I suggest having a T-BHP Meet at Spar. This will keep our better halves also happy and show our dedication to get worldly chores done.

What say folks
Old 6th April 2009, 19:01   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This will keep our better halves also happy and show our dedication to get worldly chores done.

What say folks
beta chikoo ,even in spar there is only one section which we can find you.

thats one place your dedication is unquestionable.hic.lol
Old 6th April 2009, 23:51   #173
BHPian

Just a small update - btirthankar, Theodore and myself had a mini sort of meet few hours back. Was a personal high for me to meet the legend Basu in person and discuss his trips, get some tips and generally catch up on various stuff. Was great seeing Theodore after some time. We discussed tips on how to tackle the unruly Hyd traffic (theodore was of the opinion that we simply run over them :-D), discussed the driving styles of some of the stalwarts of Hyd T-BHP and again, general chit-chat. I had to leave in between as someone wa waiting at home :-), but not before I had a really good time discussing lots of stuff.
Old 6th April 2009, 23:55   #174
BHPian

What a brilliant coincidence - I was checking out the video of "Singing in the Rain" at youtube (what tune, what dance) when it suddenly became all stormy and rainy out here and one actually felt like going out and doing a Gene Kelly. Wah khuda, what a great respite in these really searing times. BTW Basu, I hope Theodore has safely got you back home especially in these stormy conditions :-).
Old 7th April 2009, 06:33   #175
BHPian

WAKE UP MEET !!!!! what a brilliant idea !

We're going to have 1 detox meet for every Botox meet we have .All we hyderabadi needs perfect open roads drive as motivation too so we shall have a sports meet every Sunday and rule shall be set that evening meets are Friday only .

What say ? This way people can plan out their lives and i wont feel like the saadhu at 6am in the mornings , Sigh.
Old 7th April 2009, 07:36   #176
BHPian

you can see I was half asleep whilst writing the previous post..Does it make sense? Sod the logic. I want a sports meet !

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 7th April 2009 at 07:37.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:30   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can see I was half asleep whilst writing the previous post..Does it make sense? Sod the logic. I want a sports meet !
Even I was like. Couldn't understand anything. Anyways we should definitely have a sports meet. But what kind?

Don't tell motor sports or bird watching

Last edited by MileCruncher : 7th April 2009 at 09:36.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:20   #178
BHPian

Quote:
WAKE UP MEET !!!!! what a brilliant idea !

We're going to have 1 detox meet for every Botox meet we have .All we hyderabadi needs perfect open roads drive as motivation too so we shall have a sports meet every Sunday and rule shall be set that evening meets are Friday only .

What say ? This way people can plan out their lives and i wont feel like the saadhu at 6am in the mornings , Sigh.

"WAKE UP MEET" : light bulb was glowing
"What a brilliant idea" : light bulb was seeking attention

"1 detox meet for every botox meet" : USP of the proposal
"Open roads as motivation" : Discount/Saleability factor
"Plan out your lives" : Dont let T-bhp take over!
"rule on evening meets for friday only" : My bank manager
is expecting me to take out a loan.
I'm close to broke with all the
gatherings!

"sports meet" : I need company
in the mornings
Old 7th April 2009, 10:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Phew!

I am totally at a loss for words (for once). The Hyd. meet threads always rocked but this one is waaaaay out of this world. I have to take a break now to catch my breath and my side hurt from laughing so much.

The meet on Khairunissa sounds good. That is the name of (the best) APTDC boat on Hussain Sagar. The upper deck is great with the gentle breeze courtesy the moving boat. The main deck is air-con and pretty decently done up. The caterer is 'Punnami' of APTDC, I do not know if they can hire the boat without catering.

There are only 2 issues - (1) Late comers get stranded quayside (unless Chikoo lets us use his ultimate off-roader - a helicopter). (2) 4 hours is too short - we guys get going only after 4 to 5 hours. Since we are on the topic of downsides - the water stinks, but we need not worry as we have our own way of overcoming any stray smells.

A small suggestion: let us make the boat meet a "RR swayamvar" meet. Every eligiblge gal within 100 Km of Hyderabad gets invited. If they reject/refuse RR they get thrown overboard! Himanshu - ask Kavita if she knows any nice gals (for RR).

Cheers,
Old 7th April 2009, 11:06   #180
Senior - BHPian

Somebody was mentioning a Sports meet in the earlier thread.I have 2 suggestions:
- Golfing day out (but its too hot these day to tee off)
- Aeromodelling (I possess 2 Propeller RC Aircrafts and 2 Helicopters).We could fly these models in a nice open area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks