Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 11:13   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Somebody was mentioning a Sports meet in the earlier thread.I have 2 suggestions:
- Golfing day out (but its too hot these day to tee off)
- Aeromodelling (I possess 2 Propeller RC Aircrafts and 2 Helicopters).We could fly these models in a nice open area.

Thats the spirit! One patron of Ganapati Tummy proposes a sports event and the other Ganapati gives his feedback .We are on the right track!

I'm up for aeromodelling Hillram, in fact Ive been dying to get one of them as well and now you can advise where to start off. We got all the parks in Hyd so im sure we can find a good venue even within the city's boundaries.

Golfing i reckon would be a pain in trying to share equipment.(I'll be squirming in pain with all the muscles that golfing shots require as well).

How bout a nice relaxing swim at a club or some other venue(star hotels)matched to an english breakfast,is this possible?
Old 7th April 2009, 11:18   #182
Senior - BHPian

English Breakfast you said Arun:
- Mushy Peas
- Fish & Chips
- Sheperds Pie
- Dunlop Cheese
Where is this adobe mate? You have teased my tongue now Arun....
A nice swim and English breakfast is perfect for me.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:21   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I am totally at a loss for words (for once). The Hyd. meet threads always rocked but this one is waaaaay out of this world. I have to take a break now to catch my breath and my side hurt from laughing so much.

The meet on Khairunissa sounds good. That is the name of (the best) APTDC boat on Hussain Sagar. The upper deck is great with the gentle breeze courtesy the moving boat. The main deck is air-con and pretty decently done up. The caterer is 'Punnami' of APTDC, I do not know if they can hire the boat without catering.

There are only 2 issues - (1) Late comers get stranded quayside (unless Chikoo lets us use his ultimate off-roader - a helicopter). (2) 4 hours is too short - we guys get going only after 4 to 5 hours. Since we are on the topic of downsides - the water stinks, but we need not worry as we have our own way of overcoming any stray smells.

A small suggestion: let us make the boat meet a "RR swayamvar" meet. Every eligiblge gal within 100 Km of Hyderabad gets invited. If they reject/refuse RR they get thrown overboard! Himanshu - ask Kavita if she knows any nice gals (for RR).

Cheers,
Right , im gonna sort out your concerns and take the Swayamvar program to another stratosphere!
  • How about we start the evening at around 6 , have some speedboat sessions on the lake?!?.This would be the buffer period for everyone to turn up before 8pm whence Kahirunissa shall be boarded.
  • w.r.t. smell, We shall have hukka's on the deck with different flavours!
  • Like i said , no discussions on the food entertained, so APTDC it is and chapter closed.
  • RR shall be the Raja from Khayriyyah Karim al-Rajesh al Makhthoum his royal highness.
Old 7th April 2009, 11:39   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
...... have some speedboat sessions on the lake?!?.....

w.r.t. smell, We shall have hukka's on the deck with different flavours!
  • Like i said , no discussions on the food entertained, so APTDC it is and chapter closed
  • RR shall be the Raja from Khayriyyah Karim al-Rajesh al Makhthoum his royal highness.
There used to be a boat kitted out for parasailing on the lake. I wonder if it is still active. That should be fun too.

Ok Hookahs and flavours it is ...incl flavour of the year? (kooldoode)

I second the proposal that there be no discussion on the menu. Let us do what we do best - eat, enjoy and review.

H.R.H. RR sounds good . Time he stopped travelling incognito and got himself a Phantom / Ghost / Shadow, that bear his initials.

About the swimming, the club pool is closed to guests every summer from March to June. Sorry guys. Swimming + brunch at the Banjara might hit the spot though.

With the temperature on the road hitting 40 deg. all I can think of is - snow capped mountains, sea and air-con. please have a heart guys and think only along those lines. So another destination for a meet in summer could be snow world, the kiddies (including me) will love it.

Cheers,
Old 7th April 2009, 14:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
To keep this theme in tune with T-BHp,tell me which city has organised an indepth(on-site) review of Engines in Boats? lol. Hyd shall be the first!
I think there was one such meet in kerala, but I am sure nothing comes close what the APTDC boat(baramathi??) is worth, in my opinion.

Oh! wait I think there was one in the middle-east.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:41   #186
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,
This is so off-topic. Wanted to share with you some shots through my lens, the lightning pic. was taken last night from my penthouse terrace.
The wildlife pics are from our own Hyd zoo. Though they are not in the wild hence, they seem easy but out of 100 pics. one makes it.
We frequently go to Nallamalla forest... deep interiors, here Devidas and I were finishing our last gulps when we saw this cow and calf which were seperated from the rest of the herd about half hour from any nearest road, they were in a state of panic as darkness was a couple of minutes away, the stride of the mother said more than a thousand words could, and a week old calf sprinting to match the pace of the mother. The actual shot will show you the enveloping darkness and the following is the enhanced pic. of the same shot.
Landscapes are fun too, the following landscape shots are on our way back from Srisailam , not in one but many trips.
Then landed the Airbus 380 and followed the world famous Boloshoi Ballet, where flash photography was not allowed.
Missed many done a few, also rode and commanded a T-90 of our Indian army. Next on my agenda is the Tatra 8X8, truck that carrier this 40 ton tank.
Hyderabad-April Meets-lightning-one.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-rain-shine.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-srisailambackwaters.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-leopard-stare.jpg

ATTACH]122064[/ATTACH]
Hyderabad-April Meets-asiatic-lion.jpg
Hyderabad-April Meets-white-tiger.jpg
Hyderabad-April Meets-cow-calf-unedited.jpg
Hyderabad-April Meets-kingfisher.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-dive.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-380-1.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-25042008004.jpg
Hyderabad-April Meets-ballet-3.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-ballet-5.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-imgp610520copie.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-25042008003.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-touchdown.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-ballet-1.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-ballet-2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad-April Meets-mother-nature.jpg  

Hyderabad-April Meets-tiger-07.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 14:55   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Just a small update - btirthankar, Theodore and myself had a mini sort of meet few hours back. Was a personal high for me to meet the legend Basu in person and discuss his trips, get some tips and generally catch up on various stuff. Was great seeing Theodore after some time. We discussed tips on how to tackle the unruly Hyd traffic (theodore was of the opinion that we simply run over them :-D), discussed the driving styles of some of the stalwarts of Hyd T-BHP
I feel fortunate to be able to PM you my cell# in the nick of time. Pleasure.

I am a defensive driver and was amazed to see Amit's "I love to lean on you" driving. He specially loves the bikers from coastal Andhra all of whom look identical.

I am back in Kolkata and this trip I did not snap any pictures. (My instinct did not push me, donno why?)
Old 7th April 2009, 15:03   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Fazal bhai, these pictures are out of this world. No words to describe some of the animal shots and the second landscape pictures. Just beautiful. Been thinking so many times to visit our Zoo which is

Was any post processing done or is it straight out of the camera? Btw, seeing your passion for photography, you should be frequenting this thread more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ge-thread.html

I just love the above thread, great amateur skills at work and some of them are so good it can put professionals to a shame
Old 7th April 2009, 15:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

This is the place for all off topic and on-topic discussions under the sun whcih us Hydeez are famous for.
Awesome pictures Fazal Sahab. Lucky you that you got a ride in the TATRA and T-90. My dream is to drive a Volvo FM9 AND fm12.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:24   #190
BHPian

Guys : just a word of caution. The literal name of the famous yellow fruit we get in abundance (and its season time now)has been banned.

Its to do with a wide range of readers that we possess.One of my posts has been deleted due to this apparent reason. Rules are rules.

PS : I don't anyone saying " Oh you mean ____goes ?" lol .
Old 7th April 2009, 15:28   #191
Senior - BHPian

@Fazal,

Amazing pictures! The wildlife pictures are perfect! I can't believe these shots were taken in our zoo! I can say that these pictures must be published in National Geographic magazine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull
discussed the driving styles of some of the stalwarts of Hyd T-BHP
Uh oh!
Old 7th April 2009, 15:51   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
My dream is to drive a Volvo FM9 AND fm12.
my dream is to see you drive a bolero.

half a day i am away and you guys make me a crown prince of somewhere coming down for his swayamwar.lol

100km radius huh! does pedamma come under that distance?hehehe ,you bet there will be multiple swayamwar's then.

awesome pictures fazal bhai.

arun: my posts got deleted too.

kirkiri pointed out one more might get deleted as well.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:45   #193
Senior - BHPian

RR, though your post doesn't violate the new rule but its better that you ask the mods to edit your post before someone else asks them. I(or anyone else) don't wish that your post be deleted, they add some fun to the thread.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Somebody was mentioning a Sports meet in the earlier thread.I have 2 suggestions:
- Golfing day out (but its too hot these day to tee off)
- Aeromodelling (I possess 2 Propeller RC Aircrafts and 2 Helicopters).We could fly these models in a nice open area.
Guys,

Just a suggestion. Why can't we have a cricket match sometime down the line going with the spirit of IPL and T-20 World cup in the coming months?
Old 7th April 2009, 18:50   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
This is the place for all off topic and on-topic discussions under the sun whcih us Hydeez are famous for.
Awesome pictures Fazal Sahab. Lucky you that you got a ride in the TATRA and T-90. My dream is to drive a Volvo FM9 AND fm12.
Thankyou all for the appreciation.
MC I have not driven the Tatra T815 yet, but very soon plan to.
The difference between a good shot and an exceptional one is huge,
right exposure, pose, etc. as a slight deficiency in the photograph like half closed eyes or blur in slow shutter shot can ruin it. The lion yawning is a premeditated one which needed about half an hour waiting time for the canines to show to the max. The shepard carrying the lost and found lamb while we gave him a lift at 80 kmph in the forest to catch up with his main herd, while one hand clutches the car for dear life while the other secures around the lamb., this is a on the spot shot.
Distance between me and the ballet dancer unfortunately is about 90 feet, without flash on a slow shutter speed her spinning moment captured was a split second timing. You can even see the shadow of her lace on her arm.
Hyderabad-April Meets-sunset.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-white-egeret.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-ballet-4.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-yawn-hyd-zoo.jpg

Hyderabad-April Meets-shepard.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks