Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 18:54   #10681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Accumulated fine dust? What's the car model - is it old (so old that it has single stage paint?)
No the car in question is my 1 month old Minimal Grey Linea T-Jet. I am facing the same problem with my 2017 silver Tiago and also 2014 grey Verna. The pad in the picture was used to apply Collinite 845 and within 2 panels its looking like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
I think the above point might be the cause. Try applying wax as soon as possible and see whether it occurs.
This session itself excluding the wax application is quite tiring. Will try doing it immediately after next time

Last edited by aah78 : 28th March 2019 at 00:06. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 27th March 2019, 21:46   #10682
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
This session itself excluding the wax application is quite tiring. Will try doing it immediately after next time
You could divide the work with certain number of panels in a day. I guess waxing immediately should solve your issue.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th March 2019 at 00:07. Reason: Post edited. Please use the Report Post function to report your concerns. Thanks!
Old 28th March 2019, 02:01   #10683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello. I have been into DIY detailing for atleast 3 years now but cant find a solution to this problem. The problem is that even after washing the car twice and claying the paint when i start to apply wax, the pad gets dirty within the first 2 panels like this

Attachment 1863674

You can see the blackish stuff on the upper right side of the foam pad.

This is the process i follow:

Rinse>Wash>Rinse>Clay>Wash>Rinse>Dry

I am using Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and Chemical Guys Mr. Pink, Ultima Elastrofoam as clay and Proklear Rinseless wash as clay lube. I usually wash the car late in the night and after the second wash i immediately cover the car with 3-4 bedsheets and apply wax early next morning.

Any pointers?

I used to have the same issue. Used to wash the car with car shampoo and dry it and then after a few hours gap would apply wax and the pad used to become dirty.

Our environment conditions are such that its best to apply wax as soon as youve dried the car.
Old 28th March 2019, 08:54   #10684
BHPian

The best way to do is, have a Jopasu duster by your side.

Every panel you want to wax, dust it with the duster and immediately apply the wax. Then move on to the next panel, dust again and wax. During wax removal you might have dusting issue too so the initial wipe should be soft with one side of the microfiber, then switch to the other side and wipe clean.
Old 28th March 2019, 10:23   #10685
BHPian

Quote:

You can see the blackish stuff on the upper right side of the foam pad.

This is the process i follow:

Rinse>Wash>Rinse>Clay>Wash>Rinse>Dry

I am using Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and Chemical Guys Mr. Pink, Ultima Elastrofoam as clay and Proklear Rinseless wash as clay lube. I usually wash the car late in the night and after the second wash i immediately cover the car with 3-4 bedsheets and apply wax early next morning.

Any pointers?
You can skip the wash after clay and just do a wipedown with 20% diluted IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol). It will remove all the clay lube, will be less tiresome and you can apply wax immediately after. Do this panel by panel and it will solve the dust issue too.
xander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 17:33   #10686
Senior - BHPian

After quite a while I got a weekend for which I had no appointments or other commitments, so decided to devote the Saturday afternoon towards pampering my ride.

After a round of shampoo (Dodo Juice basics of bling), decided to clay the car for the first time.
So used a block of meguiar's clay that had been lying for years (fortunately was sealed and there was no problem) and some meguiar's ultimate quick detailer to clay the car by hand. Did the claying panel by panel and once a panel was done, dried it with a final wipe of dry MF cloth.

After claying:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_134536.jpg

I had a scratch on the driver side rear door from a touch n go with a motorcycle few months back, and had decided to spot fix it couple of weeks earlier.

Before:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190113_095254.jpg

After:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_140338.jpg

The top wide scratch did not go into paint and was clearcoat layer only, and was easily removed with a couple of passes using my DA machine + yellow CCA foam pad + meguiar's ultimate compound. The bottom 2 smaller scratches however did expose the white primer. So couple of weeks back, I had used some paint I got from com paint (the color is an exact match) to slowly touch up the area using multiple layers of paint on a cotton ear bud & wood toothpick few hours apart, so that a sort of 'paint hill' forms which is slightly higher than the adjacent areas.
Today, used 400 and then 2500 grade emery paper to wetsand the are and make the newly filled scratch area flush with the adjacent paint. Then used the DA machine + purple wool pad + ultimate compound to remove the sanding marks.

Deliberated a bit on what to use for paint cleaning and sealing, and then decided on using Klasse AIO & Klasse Sealant Glaze.

Used the Klasse AIO on the DA machine + CCA green pad, and progressed panel by panel with application, and then immediate wipe off. Still, some panels required spraying QD to fully remove the AIO.
A word of advice for all that plan on using Klasse AIO - you have to be super quick to remove that stuff , else be prepared to spend some serious elbow grease.

After Klasse AIO application:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_150109.jpg

Used Klasse SG on the DA machine + CCA black pad, and again progressed panel by panel for application. After the entire car was done, then proceeded for removal by hand panel by panel. Again, the application should be super thin else removal is again super tough.

After Klasse SG application

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_154247.jpg

All from start to end took 4 hours, and I was dog tired after the regimen. But the results I guess speak for themselves.

Couple of shots from other angles:

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_154425.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_154434.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190330_154449.jpg

Last edited by blackasta : 30th March 2019 at 17:36.
blackasta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 19:44   #10687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
You could divide the work with certain number of panels in a day. I guess waxing immediately should solve your issue.
Thank you! Yes it did solve the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I used to have the same issue. Used to wash the car with car shampoo and dry it and then after a few hours gap would apply wax and the pad used to become dirty.

Our environment conditions are such that its best to apply wax as soon as youve dried the car.
Exactly there is a lot of fine dust in the atmosphere which finds a way onto the car no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
The best way to do is, have a Jopasu duster by your side.

Every panel you want to wax, dust it with the duster and immediately apply the wax. Then move on to the next panel, dust again and wax.
Wouldn't the wax deposits the Jopasu leaves on the panel be a worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
You can skip the wash after clay and just do a wipedown with 20% diluted IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol). It will remove all the clay lube, will be less tiresome and you can apply wax immediately after. Do this panel by panel and it will solve the dust issue too.
Will try this too next time

Thanks guys! This is the process i followed this past Sunday. Door jambs cleaning>Power washed the exterior>contact washing with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo>Rinse>Dry>Covered with bedsheets>Wax the whole car panel by panel. Took 40 minutes to cover the whole car and then I started removing the wax. First time I was working with Collinite 845 and its very user friendly. Easy on, Easy off.

Thankfully I didnt face the dirt on pad issue this time. Skipped the wheels as it was 1 am in the night

This is how it turned out

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190401_072323.jpg

Left front door
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20190401_071939.jpg

Would like to know your thoughts
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 10:01   #10688
BHPian

Dear All,

I'm quite new to the detailing world and I'm a little overwhelmed by the products and methods discussed here in detail. I have an Innova Crysta and a Honda City, both maroon colour which show off dust and get faded if not maintained well. The cars are parked outside during the day and hence attract lot of dust and sunlight.

After perusing the forum quite a bit, I bought the following products online:

1. Sonax BSD
2. Meguiars wash mitt
3. Jopatsu duster
4. Softspun Microfibre cloth

I live in an apartment complex where, due to the expect drought-like situation this summer, we plan to use only 1 bucket of water to rinse each car. Therefore, I was looking at Ultima's Waterless Wash (which is highly recommended in this forum) but it is extremely expensive (more than Rs. 4k on Amazon.in).

I request you to guide me on how to wash the car with minimal water, the procedure for applying Sonax BSD (is it directly after wash and dry, or should some other sealant/ wax be applied first), should I consider another waterless wash brand or use 3M car shampoo once a week only, or will the Jopatsu duster take care of the dust and remove wash requirement? I did search the forums extensively, but could not find any comprehensive answers (looks like everyone here is quite advanced with very few newbies!).

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th April 2019, 11:22   #10689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
I request you to guide me on how to wash the car with minimal water
Follow the steps given in the link below for rinseless washing.

https://www.autogeek.net/how-to-use-rinseless-wash.html

There are a lot of other waterless/rinseless wash concentrates available. Take your pick from the below links (sample links only, not advertising for anyone):

https://www.detailedclean.in/Washing...less-Car-Wash/

https://www.greenzcarcare.com/collec...uick-Detailing

http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/w...waterless-wash

https://www.bringingbest.in/quick-detailers

I personally have used 'Ultima Waterless Wash' for quite a while. Exhausted the bottle earlier this year and got a bottle of 'Optimum No Rinse - wash & shine' this time.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 15:33   #10690
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Dear All,
I have an Innova Crysta and a Honda City, both maroon colour which show off dust and get faded if not maintained well. The cars are parked outside during the day and hence attract lot of dust and sunlight.

I live in an apartment complex where, due to the expect drought-like situation this summer, we plan to use only 1 bucket of water to rinse each car.
Why not use a car cover? Dust using Jopasu or similar products before covering the car. You might not need to wash the car for easily a month or two.

My car is also parked outside day and night, and the colour is bronzo tan (dark shade of brown). The last time my car saw a proper wash was on Jan 6th earlier this year when it went for a detailing session.

PS - The car clicked on Mar 2 during the T-BHP meet in Lonavala almost 2 months since it was washed, credit to to photographer as well

Last edited by Lij : 10th April 2019 at 15:38.
Old 10th April 2019, 15:57   #10691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Why not use a car cover? Dust using Jopasu or similar products before covering the car. You might not need to wash the car for easily a month or two.

My car is also parked outside day and night, and the colour is bronzo tan (dark shade of brown). The last time my car saw a proper wash was on Jan 6th earlier this year when it went for a detailing session.

PS - The car clicked on Mar 2 during the T-BHP meet in Lonavala almost 2 months since it was washed, credit to to photographer as well
The daytime parking is at office or at client place, so car cover is not possible. But yes, I expect the Jopasu to contribute significantly towards reducing the washing requirement.
Old 11th April 2019, 00:58   #10692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Came across a fantastic product from sonax all in one cleaner "Sx multistar universal cleaner"
Used it today on my beige coloured interiors and seat covers. The results are astonishing. It worked like a charm and also removed the salt deposits on the car exteriors. Very happy with the product. ��
Bought this same product off Amazon for Rs.790 after reading your review. Honestly, very disappointed with the results. Used it on my off white art leather recliners at home and the improvement was hardly 10%. Same for my beige car seat covers

Regards,
SS
Old 13th April 2019, 13:54   #10693
Senior - BHPian

I have a different question here.

How can I remove the polish applied to the dashboard by the service centre? I'm not able to stick my figurines on to the dashboard, the double sided tape just do not stick. Tried wiping with soap solution but no luck.
Old 13th April 2019, 14:57   #10694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

How can I remove the polish applied to the dashboard by the service centre? I'm not able to stick my figurines on to the dashboard, the double sided tape just do not stick. Tried wiping with soap solution but no luck.
An All Purpose Cleaner diluted for interior applications should be able to remove the dashboard dressing, agitate with a brush or mild scrub pad and wipe with a microfiber.
Mr.501 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 18:09   #10695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Had the same problem a while back.
Do not use abrasives like scotch brite etc, but rather use soft bristle toothbrush.
Use an APC diluted to clean internal panels, spray, agitate and wipe using a microfiber cloth.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks