Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 19:42   #1636
Senior - BHPian

Don't use the Forumula 1 Wheel Gold thing if your wheels are laminated. My OEM wheels are ruined after I used this thing on them. The lamination cracked and started to come off.

Yes, I followed the warnings. Not more than 15 seconds and I rinsed thoroughly.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:09   #1637
BHPian

@ sohail99 - Was just wondering if you were married
Old 11th February 2010, 20:09   #1638
Senior - BHPian

OMG!! Thanks for the warning ImmortalZ!

btw I've used it twice until now! It works nicely but I didn't know its long term effects.

If you have a pressure wash then no better way to clean the brake dust! Unfortunately I don't have that! :(
Old 11th February 2010, 20:26   #1639
Senior - BHPian

@sohail99 - What did you use to detail/clean the engine bay of your car?
Old 11th February 2010, 20:39   #1640
Senior - BHPian

^ I used Formula1 ShineItAll(Formula 1 - Specialty Polishes)

Its just that, it was the only thing I had that was suitable for nearly everything in the engine bay!

Check this out - Engine Detailing (Clean, Degrease, Protect) | How-to Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@ sohail99 - Was just wondering if you were married
Lol! I'm just 22! and that ain't gonna happen anyways!

the only thing I ever fell in love with is my i20! I've never felt so complete!
And no force in this world can change that!

Sorry for OT btw!

Last edited by sohail99 : 11th February 2010 at 20:42.
Old 11th February 2010, 21:52   #1641
BHPian

@sohail99, i'd kill to get detailing like that on my midnight black SX4.

i suggest you get married soon . then you can proudly boast of your lovely wifey sitting in your lovely car. (like i do)

good work...rather. excellent work!
Old 11th February 2010, 22:05   #1642
BHPian

@ Sohail99 that explains how you get soo much time at hand. Enjoy the freedom while you can . Nice job on the engine bay. Takes a lot of patience to get it that clean.

BTW did some detailing on my dads i10. More specifically on the plastic body trim which was looking quite bad after the last waxing. Here are some before and after pics .

General Pics
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2952.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2958.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2961.jpg

Plastic moulding before and after pics
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2953.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2955.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2941.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2951.jpg
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_2949.jpg
Old 11th February 2010, 22:12   #1643
BHPian

Looks good! phenomenal! i need to devote more time to my black beauty!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th February 2010 at 22:31. Reason: spelling
Old 12th February 2010, 00:12   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
^^^ Wadiya paaji , take care of your car (kali Parandi ???)
Thanks a lot Notorious Veer. No need for Kali Parandi, a Shabad from Guru Granth Sahib Ji "So Satgur Peiaara Merai Naal Hai" (The beloved Guru is With Me). No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is the best way to maintain alloy wheels? Got my first car which has alloys, have read about a couple of wheel cleaners etc- saw a few, one of them infact in Big bazaar...also seen meguiars online but would like to know from those who are experts in handling alloy wheels and taking care of them...i know sohail has them so can predict his reply first
Please share some info...
See I tried Sohail's recommendation Formula 1 Instant Detailer. If my Alloys have grease or other such marks, I first try removing it using 3M Liquid Wax (it works wonderfully). If required, Rubbing compound is slightly applied on the concerned area and buffed. Post this, go by Sohail's recommendation to Wax your Wheel using Turtle Wax or any other Good Wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@ Sohail99 that explains how you get soo much time at hand. Enjoy the freedom while you can . Nice job on the engine bay. Takes a lot of patience to get it that clean.

BTW did some detailing on my dads i10. More specifically on the plastic body trim which was looking quite bad after the last waxing. Here are some before and after pics .
NUT-Case, amazing job. Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Totally awesome man!!!

I love seeing shiny cars! + I guess the compliments one gets are totally worth the labor one puts in during detailing one's car!
Sohail, thanks for the compliment. It feels good when your ride stands out from the rest and people praise. Formula 1 products and Eagle One produts are available Cheaper in the market. I came across Formula 1 Shine-it-All for 240 bucks whereas my friend got it from In&Out for 450 bucks, both without importer's stickers. Formula 1's Authenticity cannot be easily determined due to identical packing available at local stores and In&Out's. It's just that In&Out have the benefit of charging the price they like as F1 doesn't come with a Price tag, where as Eagle One and other brands come with Price Tags. In&Out's charge for the Super-lighting and Airconditioning in their stores in the form of Overpriced products which don't have prior price tags of Manufacturers.

A new Car Accessories store opened in Lajpat Nagar and they stock Eagle One. The product's (Eagle One Wash & Wax Spray, or some similar sounding name) MRP was Rs.450 and he gave me the price of Rs.350 (Just see the Additional 100 bucks that In & Out will charge if they had the same product).

Moreover, get a better license plate for the i. Me and 2 other i20's of my friends have a very Good font which goes well with the car, if you want to have the pics PM me.

Last edited by tsk13 : 12th February 2010 at 00:20.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:52   #1645
BHPian

@ Sohail
Beautiful work on your i2o its looking gorgeous.

@ tsk13
Wanted to ask you if we can apply 3m liquid wax to bumper also ? or is there any other thing available for bumper.

@ Nut Case
Before and after pictures and really great my santro being black, the side strips in black colours have faded exactly like the picture posted by you (before treatment) can you suggest me what did you use to clean it ?

one more question, the glasses on my car have water spots which are very much hard to remove and are very much visible. Any treatment that can be done as i have tried a product in market but of no use.

Mods: If there is appropriate thread for glass polish please refer me to that thread and merge my question about glass in that thread.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 12th February 2010 at 12:58. Reason: additional question
Old 12th February 2010, 13:42   #1646
BHPian

@ -NUT- case Please give details of products used for cleaning the black plastic mouldings and door beadings. I have been using Sonax and Formula 1 products and they still look as in your "before treatment" pictures.

Last edited by janitha : 12th February 2010 at 13:43.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:51   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Driving Smartly and Janitha, for blackening the the Plastics & Non-body coloured (Black) bumpers we have products like Formula 1 Shine-it-All (Which Sohail has used) and Waxpol's Leather and Vinyl Polish (which I use). They'll restore the showroom finish to a larger extent from the faded look. Moreover, I also use Waxpol on my Tyres and they reproduce good results. AFAIK, F1's Shine-it-All can also be used for Tyres since the Bottle says suitable for Rubber products.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:01   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Driving Smartly and Janitha, for blackening the the Plastics & Non-body coloured (Black) bumpers we have products like Formula 1 Shine-it-All (Which Sohail has used) and Waxpol's Leather and Vinyl Polish (which I use). They'll restore the showroom finish to a larger extent from the faded look. Moreover, I also use Waxpol on my Tyres and they reproduce good results. AFAIK, F1's Shine-it-All can also be used for Tyres since the Bottle says suitable for Rubber products.
Had asked yesterday for Shine it All at my regular shop which has a huge collection of different F1 products but it was not available. Shall enquire at other shops. Waxpol products are not seen anywhere here.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:30   #1649
BHPian

@ Tsk13

Thank you for your help. Can u tell me about any glass cleaner as there are many water spots on glass that are visible and i have tried a product but its not that effective . Should i try Glass polishing, Hyundai service center had quoted 450 for each glass i.e, 450 x 4 1800 and 1k for front and rear windshield each i.e, 1000 x 2 = 2000. A total of Rs 3800/-.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:17   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@ Tsk13

Thank you for your help. Can u tell me about any glass cleaner as there are many water spots on glass that are visible and i have tried a product but its not that effective . Should i try Glass polishing, Hyundai service center had quoted 450 for each glass i.e, 450 x 4 1800 and 1k for front and rear windshield each i.e, 1000 x 2 = 2000. A total of Rs 3800/-.
In my case washing with Sonax Windscreen Wash or even regular Formula 1 car shampoo and then wiping with microfibre cloth leaves the glass spotlessly clean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks