Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 22:56   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I got Turtle Paste Wax today from Joy Auto Centre, Khan Market at MRP (Rs.240), no discounts :(. Prior to this one shop was selling me this wax with Xenos sticker or some other sticker removed for 350 bucks but as I remembered the rate posted by either you or Notorious I made an excuse.

Glad that info helps !!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1669049
Old 9th February 2010, 16:03   #1622
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
OMG! Awesome!!

I need a 3M one too then!

btw I got my California car duster+ interior duster recently!(US)

and it is seriously amazing! now it takes me like 1-2 mins to dust my whole car!
+ its dust holding capacity is literally shocking!

Its a must have for everyone IMO!

Some pics!
This is THE MOST fantastic thing i have used in car detailing...i was wondering how come i never even knew this existed!!! I got one from Rudra who had an extra with him, else was going to ask a friend to get from the US who would surely have thought i am mad to ask him to carry this monster of a " car duster"
I used it today- what used to take 20 mins is now only 5 mins.
Wax your car really well and if there is ONLY dust- even if its like really heavy dust...just wipe off and see the magic...
Minor use of micro fiber is needed for areas where it cannot enter much- like inside the door handle..
I am really excited about being able to sleep more in the morning as now know that should spend only 5-10 mins instead of the 30 mins!!!
They should sell more in india...where their product can "REALLY" be tested for dust removal!!!
Old 9th February 2010, 16:47   #1623
BHPian

Was coming home from college early and saw a car accessories shop in the way so decided to see what wax they had (Sohail should be thanked by all wax manufacturers in India :P ) , picked up a Rs.80 bottle of 3M wax and as soon as I reached home, washed the car with shampoo which claims to have Carnuba in it. After that it, wiped the car with a cloth and it was waxing time.

Now I am a first timer and I was literally panting halfway through, its a super workout (waxing your car) and as you move ahead panel by panel, its kind of a motivating thing to see the result with your eyes.

The wax seems to work great, my bonnet and front fenders are super shiny, by the time I reached the rear I had run out of steam, so the shine there isnt as much. Will try my hand once again after a fortnight. Also used the insta-shine by Anjali Chemicals to shine the bumper, it works pretty well actually (didnt expect it to). Will post the photos of the tools/chemicals used later
Old 9th February 2010, 17:32   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Do post pics!
and yea! the shine is totally motivating!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
This is THE MOST fantastic thing i have used in car detailing...i was wondering how come i never even knew this existed!!! I got one from Rudra who had an extra with him, else was going to ask a friend to get from the US who would surely have thought i am mad to ask him to carry this monster of a " car duster"
I used it today- what used to take 20 mins is now only 5 mins.
Wax your car really well and if there is ONLY dust- even if its like really heavy dust...just wipe off and see the magic...
Minor use of micro fiber is needed for areas where it cannot enter much- like inside the door handle..
I am really excited about being able to sleep more in the morning as now know that should spend only 5-10 mins instead of the 30 mins!!!
They should sell more in india...where their product can "REALLY" be tested for dust removal!!!
^Exactly!
Its quite a time saver + no scratches(which used to be caused by mf towel)
+ no matter how much the dust!(even layers and layers of it) just dust and go!

I keep it in the i20 all the time!

Last edited by sohail99 : 9th February 2010 at 17:34.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:51   #1625
BHPian

Any feedback on WAXPOL RUBBING compound for small scratches Please ?
Old 9th February 2010, 20:11   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any feedback on WAXPOL RUBBING compound for small scratches Please ?
Try the aeroshot top cut - it works good and I have myself tried it.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:21   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Do post pics!
and yea! the shine is totally motivating!!

^Exactly!
Its quite a time saver + no scratches(which used to be caused by mf towel)
+ no matter how much the dust!(even layers and layers of it) just dust and go!

I keep it in the i20 all the time!
I was thinking of buying jopasu car duster, How does it perform compared to california duster?
Old 9th February 2010, 22:10   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Notorious, thanks a lot. You saved my 110 bucks.

f1head, I believe that you did more than required that too by using 3M Liquid Wax. You know this Liquid Wax doesn't require too much labour, it's just a simple Wax Application using a Sponge, dry it for about 5 minutes and buff; you're done.

Last edited by tsk13 : 9th February 2010 at 22:12.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:35   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Notorious, thanks a lot. You saved my 110 bucks.

f1head, I believe that you did more than required that too by using 3M Liquid Wax. You know this Liquid Wax doesn't require too much labour, it's just a simple Wax Application using a Sponge, dry it for about 5 minutes and buff; you're done.

koi nee fer kadi lai lavange
Old 10th February 2010, 17:31   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
koi nee fer kadi lai lavange
Sure.

By the way, Traffic cops stopped me as I unintentionally crossed the signal when it turned Red as I was making my way through the traffic and didn't see the Signal status. One of the cops was impressed with the Car's gloss and asked how old is the car (It's May 2006 purchase). For me it was a huge compliment which costed 100 bucks.

Post this, came home and Turtle Waxed the Xing. Formula 1 Instant Detailer is useless on the car's body if the Car is well-maintained. Since alloys detailing is done occasionally, the F1 Instant Detailer was instrumental in bringing back the shine. Pics:
(PS: The shoe is there as I couldn't find any brighter object to convey the mirror effect)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100220102429.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100220102431.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100220102435.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-100220102442.jpg  

tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 21:42   #1631
BHPian

^^^ Wadiya paaji , take care of your car (kali Parandi ???)
Old 11th February 2010, 10:53   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Try the aeroshot top cut - it works good and I have myself tried it.
Never heard of aeroshot top cut. My friend is not using the WAXPOL rubbing compund and I am picking it from him. Hence before using, wanted to have the feedback on the same.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:18   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Never heard of aeroshot top cut. My friend is not using the WAXPOL rubbing compund and I am picking it from him. Hence before using, wanted to have the feedback on the same.
Its from the makers of com-paint.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:39   #1634
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Alloy Wheels

What is the best way to maintain alloy wheels? Got my first car which has alloys, have read about a couple of wheel cleaners etc- saw a few, one of them infact in Big bazaar...also seen meguiars online but would like to know from those who are experts in handling alloy wheels and taking care of them...i know sohail has them so can predict his reply first
Please share some info...
Old 11th February 2010, 17:28   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure.

By the way, Traffic cops stopped me as I unintentionally crossed the signal when it turned Red as I was making my way through the traffic and didn't see the Signal status. One of the cops was impressed with the Car's gloss and asked how old is the car (It's May 2006 purchase). For me it was a huge compliment which costed 100 bucks.

Post this, came home and Turtle Waxed the Xing. Formula 1 Instant Detailer is useless on the car's body if the Car is well-maintained. Since alloys detailing is done occasionally, the F1 Instant Detailer was instrumental in bringing back the shine. Pics:
(PS: The shoe is there as I couldn't find any brighter object to convey the mirror effect)
Totally awesome man!!!

I love seeing shiny cars! + I guess the compliments one gets are totally worth the labor one puts in during detailing one's car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is the best way to maintain alloy wheels? Got my first car which has alloys, have read about a couple of wheel cleaners etc- saw a few, one of them infact in Big bazaar...also seen meguiars online but would like to know from those who are experts in handling alloy wheels and taking care of them...i know sohail has them so can predict his reply first
Please share some info...
I use Formula1 Wheel Gold for the rims(incidentally 'in&out' @BP petrol pumps get the genuine Formula1 stuff!) (got it as it was locally available easily)

And it works awesome too!! brake dust just dissolves away so easily!
  • Wet the rims
  • apply and wait for 15-20 secs
  • Hose off!
Thats it!

After wiping the rims I use some turtle wax on em(standard waxing procedure) and buff them to shine!

For wheel detailing,

-Pressure wash the wheel if possible

I just spray 'car shampoo and non borewell water' mixture on the wheel and wipe it down with a towel I kept aside for wheel detailing purpose(not MF, cuz too expensive and fragile for wheels)

After wiping I apply 'Megs Endurance Tire Gel' with a foam applicator and let it dry for 10 mins(meanwhile I switch to the other rim)

Recently I tried Formula1 Black Gold (because I was kinda not satisfied with Megs Endurance Gel)

Its great! you just have to spray it on the tyre and thats it!(much better than applying tire gel with foam pad)

================================================== =====

Anyways, I was free this afternoon so I kinda detailed my i20's engine bay and inner part of the bonnet!

I think that is the most neglected part of any car! (it was dusty in my case too!)

Enjoy the 'after' pics!!

I just love detailing my i20
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0005.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0007.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0012.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0013.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0014.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0009.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0006.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0016.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-abcd0015.jpg