Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 11:42   #8311
BHPian

I am buying a new XUV and wanted help on what is it that I need to do in terms of polish or coating to ensure I safegaurd it from basic scratches. Its a dark color that makes it more prone to scratches and marks.
Old 19th February 2014, 15:40   #8312
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I had Mother's quick detailing spray which I had not used for a year. Last week I used it after a wash it really brought out the deep gloss in my pearl black Vento. Really useful for a quick detailing after every week's wash.
Old 20th February 2014, 21:35   #8313
BHPian

Has anyone seen Eurow MF in any Indian online store. Else, please suggest good quality ones. I need to replace my set.
Old 20th February 2014, 22:12   #8314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I am buying a new XUV and wanted help on what is it that I need to do in terms of polish or coating to ensure I safegaurd it from basic scratches. Its a dark color that makes it more prone to scratches and marks.
Maybe this post can help..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3349120
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 02:27   #8315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Has anyone seen Eurow MF in any Indian online store.
You could purchase Eurow MF from BB Impex, Delhi. Best value for money.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 08:00   #8316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You could purchase Eurow MF from BB Impex, Delhi. Best value for money.

Link.
Thanks El. But the site says Out of Stock. I sent Sanjay an email asking when will stock arrive.
Old 21st February 2014, 09:12   #8317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks El. But the site says Out of Stock. I sent Sanjay an email asking when will stock arrive.
Do let us know too when Sanjay expects stock. He had maintained that stocks should be replenished by mid Jan long back, but it seems most detailers stockists are still waiting for the rupee to strengthen.
Old 21st February 2014, 13:15   #8318
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday bought a microfiber wash mitt from local D-Mart store. The asking price is very low at Rs 39, its quite a steal. The quality of MF is good. Its a snug fit over hand. Bought it for cleaning plastic panel and maybe will get another one for alloys as well. Hoping they also get 16x16 Microfiber as well.

Made in China. 80% Polyester 20& Poly-amide

Few pics:
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20022014985.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20022014986.jpg

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see that they were out of stock. Yes, contact Sanjay and ask him by when they will be in stock again. Nothing beats VFM quotient of Eurow MF.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 16:17   #8319
BHPian

Just got these products delivered from Keystone Enterprises.

1. Collinite 845
2. ONR wash and wax 80z
3. Clay bar 80 gm (not a branded one, costs INR 450 only)

Nirmal (owner of KE) was very helpful and prompt in his response. He got the products delivered to my office in 20 mins (he is located very close by). All the products are very nicely packed and he was very patient to my questions and understood my requirements and accordingly suggested the products.

I was earlier planning to go for Opti Eraer clay block (fine grade) but gave up after after going through a few not so good reviews. The claybar provided is not branded but Nirmal told me that this is what they have been providing to all professionals and also using it themselves.

All in all, pretty happy with their promptness.

Quick ques - While cleaning the car today, i felt that the windshield glass was a little rough. Is it advisable to use the clay on glass too to get it smoother. Also, I have read about people using wax on glass. Any thoughts?
Old 21st February 2014, 17:18   #8320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post

Quick ques - While cleaning the car today, i felt that the windshield glass was a little rough. Is it advisable to use the clay on glass too to get it smoother. Also, I have read about people using wax on glass. Any thoughts?
Yes! Clay can be a used on the windshield. It will help if your wipers are hopping, it might be due to bonded contaminants which clay can remove.

Wax on the other hand is debatable. I have used good sealants which provide excellent beading. While driving, the water drops just fly away instead of using wipers. However if after application, you notice hazing, remove all of it. Plus the sealant on glass will not last long if wipers are used.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2014 at 16:01. Reason: Several typos and formatting errors
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 17:46   #8321
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
More than anything else its important NOT to subject the car to a daily wash and scrub with cloth and water. Even when doing a water wash have to be a little careful and use the right method, clean cloths. There is no polish that can safeguard against scratches but some nano coatings that make the surface scratch resistant are there and offered by professional detailers but do not come cheap of course.
Use a routine of dusting and using a waterless/rinseless wash rather than water wash and when you wash buy good quality mitt, microfibers and use clean sections of the cloth to wipe and not rub.
There are many members who can help with brands etc hopefully offered else a search online may help.
Old 21st February 2014, 18:05   #8322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
I use Mothers CALIFORNIA Gold Clay bar. I have not tried claying on my windshield. However, I had tried to wax my windshield but experienced streaks during night driving. Now-a-days I see quire a few products (alternative of wax on windshields) from Turtle wax and Insta Finish just for the windshield. "Insta Finish Bead Off" had great results on my wind shields.

But, Since you say that your windshield is a bit rough, Clean the glass 3/4 times with a general glass cleaner (colin or something). Use more than adequate amount just to ensure you don't put any minute scratches. After you think it is super clean, try Clay or the product mentioned above. "Insta Finish Bead Off". You can get this at www.autofresh.in This website runs real good deals at times.

Question: I use Bosch Aquatak 100 pressure washer at my home. Can anyone suggest a Foam solution to be used with my Foam lance?
connect2prashan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 18:43   #8323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
Question: I use Bosch Aquatak 100 pressure washer at my home. Can anyone suggest a Foam solution to be used with my Foam lance?
http://www.detailedclean.in/sample-s...-soap-50ml-243

http://www.detailedclean.in/washing-...che-1-litre-20
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 19:19   #8324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yesterday bought a microfiber wash mitt from local D-Mart store. The asking price is very low at Rs 39, its quite a steal. The quality of MF is good. Its a snug fit over hand. Bought it for cleaning plastic panel and maybe will get another one for alloys as well. Hoping they also get 16x16 Microfiber as well.
I have these too. Yes the quality is good and can absorb considerable amount of water if not completely dry the surface. The only downside is that the Elastic lost its strength and its no longer a snug fit. But going by the price, there is no complaints. I have seen the same product being sold at different prices across stores. MORE superstore had it for 99 bucks whereas I had brought them for 45 or so
Old 22nd February 2014, 09:08   #8325
BHPian

For all those looking for a VFM towel, here is another alternative I found.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20140221wa0001.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20140221wa0002.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20140221wa0003.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img20140221wa0004.jpg

360 GSM. It has a plush long nap on one side and a short nap on the other. Hence, it can be used for multiple purposes like buffing as well as cleaning/drying. The tag on it is only a sticker and hence is very easily removable. It is at par with any leading MF manufacturers that we know. Haven't found this kind of quality in any other MF towels in India. It is satin edged and hence least possible chances of scratching the finish. Also, as can be seen on the label, it is 75-25 polyester to polyamide material.

It has by far been the best MF I have used. Definitely worth giving a shot.

This is sold by Mohsin Khan, Ultimate Detailerz, Bangalore. For the price that he offers these towels at, it is a real steal. Ever since I bought and started using these, my packet of 5 of Eurow is still unopened.

Please PM me for his contact details, as I don't want to share them here owing to forum rules.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated to Mohsin or Ultimate Detailerz in any manner, commercial or otherwise. I have bought detailing supplies from him for quite a while now and find him an excellent retailer to deal with. Sharing this information for use of other members.

Last edited by swarnava.m : 22nd February 2014 at 09:19.
swarnava.m is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks