Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 19:19   #121
Team-BHP Support

Queries related to and flirting with the tri-pase

@viper/nextlevel :The last few posts indicate that tri-phase units available through viper are custom made for indian cars as they are tuned differently as compared to cars abroad and that units purchased in the US would not have as effecetive results. And viper s last post states that the unit would work on any mpfi engine.

Now considering the fact that the new honda city zx and old honda city say 1.5 are tuned differently, how does the above mentioned different type of tuning apply here. Or have you guys developed something for various kind of engines available in India.

Hope you guys understand my query as i think it sounds weak.

Btw, i did get my hands on viper's tri-phased getz for a shrotwhile and switchin the tri-phase on/off did bring out the lag in acceleration when switched off.
Guess things should be more clear if one could try on switcing it off while accelerating. This is because if you try and put it on while your accelerating, the engine could be making more power due to higher revs, or the tri-phase. I should have thought of this back then. Will do that next time around viper, for right now i was impressed by that small little box conpared to the loud farting of your monster.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 21st April 2006 at 19:29.
Old 21st April 2006, 20:19   #122
BHPian

Tri phase installation

hi Viper,
How complex is the installations, does it require cutting OEM wiring and would doing this void OEM warranty?
Are there specific models for different indian cars or does one model fit all?
How much can i actual performance gain i can expect on an ikon and swift?
Do you have any distributers /installers in Bangalore?
Old 21st April 2006, 21:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

Viper could you start a new thread about this in the Market place so that it would grab more attention. This thread will soon cover that product with other posts.

And what abt oen for SAntro Xing.

And if I am right, this product is something like a Pete's box for petrol cars with MPFI ..right?
Old 22nd April 2006, 00:15   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
@viper/nextlevel :The last few posts indicate that tri-phase units available through viper are custom made for indian cars as they are tuned differently as compared to cars abroad and that units purchased in the US would not have as effecetive results. And viper s last post states that the unit would work on any mpfi engine.

Now considering the fact that the new honda city zx and old honda city say 1.5 are tuned differently, how does the above mentioned different type of tuning apply here. Or have you guys developed something for various kind of engines available in India.

Hope you guys understand my query as i think it sounds weak.

Btw, i did get my hands on viper's tri-phased getz for a shrotwhile and switchin the tri-phase on/off did bring out the lag in acceleration when switched off.
Guess things should be more clear if one could try on switcing it off while accelerating. This is because if you try and put it on while your accelerating, the engine could be making more power due to higher revs, or the tri-phase. I should have thought of this back then. Will do that next time around viper, for right now i was impressed by that small little box conpared to the loud farting of your monster.

manson.

Hi Manson,

I gave a very generalised answer to his query and my answer was correct. We have developed something for the Indian engines. And we are continually working on developing newer product for the soon to be launched cars.

You are welcome to try out the Tri-Phase in your car for a week and then make a judgement and give your report on the same. How does that sound?

@Shazikon - you can expect approx 20% gains across the power band. The main diff you will see is the increase in torque.There is only one universal model for all Indian cars. Installation is very simple and it does involve tapping into the wiring harness. Like any modification even this will void warranty limited only to the MAP/IAT/MAF sensors. You should get warranty on the other stuff. But then even a free flow, after market plugs/plug wires, K&N conical filter, Pete's Box all void warranty. This does not get detected during scanning so no need to worry.

@Jkdas - Will need permission from the mods and I feel this would go in the modification section. You are right it is like a Pete's box for petrol MPFI cars

Viper

Mods please pm me if I can open another thread either in market place or Modification section. or wherever you feel appropriate since the existing topic is not the appropriate term(Engine Remapping) for this product.
Old 22nd April 2006, 00:28   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper

You are welcome to try out the Tri-Phase in your car for a week and then make a judgement and give your report on the same. How does that sound?
you surely know the answer to that offer

manson.
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:58   #126
elf
BANNED

Concerns...

Hi Viper / Nextlevel,

Just had a few concerns / queries about the Tri-Phase over a long-term period.
  1. Has the long-term reliability of the Tri-Phase box been tested? Do we have a known failure rate? Not too concerned with this, though, because of the replacement warranty (I think) from Next Level Performance.
  2. Would it affect the manufacturer ECM's reliability in any way, as these are prohibitively expensive to replace (around 55-60k for my Lancer is what I heard)? I'm not talking about the manufacturer warranty aspect, just actual damage to the OE ECM.
  3. How many total km / vehicles has the Tri-Phase box been tested for in the States (not India), & have there been any claims raised by past / present owners?
  4. Any known problems with reliability?
Viper knows I'm interested (already signed up for one), but just wanted to clarify some last minute pre-purchase doubts I had.

Apart from being my hobby, my car's my daily driver as well, & it costs me more in terms of time & inconvenience than money when it gets busted. I'm sure others on the forum would agree.

Thanks,
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:03   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper

Kudos to you on that....This man truly does belive in his product.

I hope this offer is open to us too ....coz I am sure gonna take you up on this offer in a month or two once I am back in bombay.
Old 22nd April 2006, 16:37   #128
BANNED

@ Elf - Will ask Brad to reply.

@ Saahil - anytime

Viper
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:05   #129
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Viper i need a pic of ur CONICAL filter inside ur santro's hood.. plsssss and secondly i'm interested in the tri-phase module for santro and accent. Accent is based vashi but santro is in noida. i'll be in vashi in bout a month (MAY06) will definatly check out ur santro

cheers
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:56   #130
BANNED

Hi Aza,

Will pm it to you. If you want to avail of the introductory offer book now.

Viper
Old 22nd April 2006, 19:09   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Hi Viper / Nextlevel,

Just had a few concerns / queries about the Tri-Phase over a long-term period.
  1. Has the long-term reliability of the Tri-Phase box been tested? Do we have a known failure rate? Not too concerned with this, though, because of the replacement warranty (I think) from Next Level Performance.
-Absolutely. We have a total of approximately 8,000 modules in use worldwide, and have yet to document a single negative side effect or instance of premature engine. We also have several long term test vehicles constantly being monitored for such effects.

As far as a failure rate for the actual module, I am going to estimate around 2% of units will need to be repaired under warranty at some point. Our lifetime warranty covers the original purchaser (non-transferrable) for life. Anything that could possibly go wrong with any of our products will be repaired and/or replaced at no charge to the user.

2. Would it affect the manufacturer ECM's reliability in any way, as these are prohibitively expensive to replace (around 55-60k for my Lancer is what I heard)? I'm not talking about the manufacturer warranty aspect, just actual damage to the OE ECM.

-Not one bit (more detailed response above).

3. How many total km / vehicles has the Tri-Phase box been tested for in the States (not India), & have there been any claims raised by past / present owners?

-Once again, answered in more detail above: Initial testing for development, hundreds if not thousands of miles. Long term reliability testing, well over 100,000 miles. No claims.

4. Any known problems with reliability?

-No.

Viper knows I'm interested (already signed up for one), but just wanted to clarify some last minute pre-purchase doubts I had.

Apart from being my hobby, my car's my daily driver as well, & it costs me more in terms of time & inconvenience than money when it gets busted. I'm sure others on the forum would agree.

I agree too. All of our products are intended for use on daily drivers. If my responses didn't answer your questions, please just let me know!

Brad

Thanks,
I agree too. All of our products are intended for use on daily drivers. If my responses didn't answer your questions, please just let me know!

Brad
Old 23rd April 2006, 01:03   #132
elf
BANNED

Thanks Viper / Nextlevel.

I'm in. Let me know when you're ready to install.

Viper - I'm confirmed for the first lot at the price we agreed - I'll give you a check immediately / earlier. Seeya next week dude - it'll be great doing up the car again together...

Ciao!
Old 27th April 2006, 13:09   #133
BHPian

hey guyz i just wanted to know what kind of % increase should i expect if i get this box . i own an opel corsa 1.4 which is 88 bhp stock . what will the bhp of my car be after this box . and what should i go in for first - a freeflow exhaust from automech or this box . and what will my bhp be if i get both the jobs done for my car . final query ... will my corsa be faster than a v-tec if i get the tri-phase installed . if not then wil it be faster than a v-tec if i get tri-phase and a freeflow system installed ?
Old 27th April 2006, 13:43   #134
BHPian

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php...try123308again i am in confusion . manson has asked a few questions related to tri-phase on this website and the reply says that it is not worth getting this and it is just a gimmick . i am interested in this and would want viper to give details about this product and others too who have installed this product like whether they feel that the car is 15-20 bhp more powerful , etc , etc .
Old 27th April 2006, 13:50   #135
BHPian

check out post numbet 124, this may answer ur questions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks