Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 17:42   #451
Senior - BHPian

yes.. Google map actually installs as a compass icon, in blackberry, not sure of other. Just make sure you have unlimited download plan for data so you can use it regularly with minimum charges.
This works fine for major cities. but for remote locations, the google map is not ideal since you dont have much info on this.
Old 11th March 2008, 17:49   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I am not a Nokia man, But is the bluetooth on your phone in "Discoverable" mode? Have you paired the phone with the BT GPS?
yes, i have paired it with my phone and have set the status to authorised so that it connects automatically everytime the receiver is switched on.
Old 11th March 2008, 22:54   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
yes, i have paired it with my phone and have set the status to authorised so that it connects automatically everytime the receiver is switched on.
another frustrating experience.

came back from office and was determined to make gps receiver work. started off from the beginning, deleted the device from the list of authorized deviceand reconnected it and set it to un-authorized.

opened nokia maps and selected find place using gps, voila it worked immediately, switched off the unit, got into the car and switched it on again eagerly awaiting to test the navigation functionality, then tried for the past two hours in vain. bluetooth indicator keeps blinking indicating that it is searching for device.

dont know what to do.

any pointers on what could be wrong?
Old 11th March 2008, 23:01   #454
BHPian

I use a Holux with my Nokia E61 and have never faced a problem.

The blue light blinks continuously to indicates that it is connected. The best way to check your GPS connectivity is to use the application that come with your phone called "Navigator" It will show your GPS signal strength as well as the number of satellites that it is hooking to. Also, your orange light on your GPS should blink. This indicates that it is ready.

Quote:
Gurus, i have a holux m1000 gps receiver and nokia e61i. I have installed google maps and pre-loaded nokia maps for india. I have synced my gps receiver, however when i try to use gps either in nokia or google maps to track my current location, it does not work. Indicator in gps receiver blinks to denote that position is fixed, but indicator to denote bluetooth blinks continously denoting that it is searching for bluetooth device. What could be the problem? This does not happen always, but many times it fails.
Please help.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:13   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathjeppu View Post
I use a Holux with my Nokia E61 and have never faced a problem.

The blue light blinks continuously to indicates that it is connected. The best way to check your GPS connectivity is to use the application that come with your phone called "Navigator" It will show your GPS signal strength as well as the number of satellites that it is hooking to. Also, your orange light on your GPS should blink. This indicates that it is ready.
i tried that before and tried it once again but i guess it is not able to recognize the receiver. what i see is a kind of blank screen flickering continuously.

blue light if it blink continuously 1 time/sec means searching for device or standby mode, only when it is 1time/3 sec it means transferring data.

anything else...

regards
tifosi.
Old 12th March 2008, 00:13   #456
Team-BHP Support

trusted

Quote:
set it to un-authorized.
Did you retry setting both devices to Authorized / Trusted?
If you say it worked after deleting and linking both devices, then the "trusted" mode is probably your only issue.
Old 12th March 2008, 06:44   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Did you retry setting both devices to Authorized / Trusted?
If you say it worked after deleting and linking both devices, then the "trusted" mode is probably your only issue.
culprit looks like the bluetooth driver in my phone. i had a chat with the Navigation Products for Pocket PC PDA, PDA Phone, Bluetooth GPS, PDA GPS - buy GPS Now sales team (this is where i bought the receiver) and he pointed out that it could be due to bt driver.

just now tested it out with my wifey's mobile e51 and it works absolutely fine, i tried it for a couple of times (switched it on and off and also tried with navigator, google maps and nokia maps) and it works without any problem.

Now i need to install the bt driver again or look for some updates.

any pointers on where to look for bt driver for my e61i, my current firmware version is 2.0633.65.01

regards
tifosi.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:01   #458
Senior - BHPian

I use a Garmin GPSMAP60C with its own maps. Track points on all my trips and merge them in Google Earth.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:05   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Kumar already has a GPS device..
HVK does even have Google Earth Subscription. I will ask him to market his maps commercially. I met this mapmyindia CEO yesterday to get info on mapping API sharing for my Real Estate Portal. He too told me I'd have to buy the entire unit of Delphi alongwith.
Old 12th April 2008, 21:13   #460
Senior - BHPian

Sir, I use a Garmin iQue 3600 (since discontinued) with its own maps and I also track all my way points on all my trips and also the tracks as well. But how does one merge them in Google Earth.

I've Google Earth 3.0 of Nov 17, 2005 and it is free. Do I've to get Google earth plus to be able do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I use a Garmin GPSMAP60C with its own maps. Track points on all my trips and merge them in Google Earth.
Old 12th April 2008, 22:57   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Sir, I use a Garmin iQue 3600 (since discontinued) with its own maps and I also track all my way points on all my trips and also the tracks as well. But how does one merge them in Google Earth.

I've Google Earth 3.0 of Nov 17, 2005 and it is free. Do I've to get Google earth plus to be able do that?
Google Earth Plus is the regular Google Earth + GPS compatible. This will help Google Earth recognise your GPS and exchnage track points, etc. I pay an annual subscription of around USD 20.
Old 13th April 2008, 00:03   #462
BHPian

Quote:
another frustrating experience.

Try this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post720638

might work
Old 13th April 2008, 10:07   #463
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Garmin GPSMAP 60C is apparently an obsolete discontinued handheld product.
What is the current product?

Using a GPS Receiver in the Car-garmindiscon.jpg
Old 13th April 2008, 10:19   #464
BHPian

For people wanting to go for handheld Garmin units like the 60C, a good resource would be Redirecting to new portal...

This is a site for maps for SE-Asia but has a lot of information on which unit is best suited for what purpose and a good resource for tutorials for the DIY mappers.
Old 13th April 2008, 10:27   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Is there any GPS avialable in market which also works as mobile, its a great gadget, but worth only if it has mobile facility tooo, carrying two geomectry box is a tough job..
I heard some company launching it soon in India
any clues??
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Yes. AFAIK, There are 3 models from Asus doing well abroad which is having GPS receiver built in, GSM Quad band, GPRS, Wifi, Blutooth in one single box. But I m not certain how will you get the map of indian cities in that. My friend is owning one (P750) but he dont have a GPS enabled yet. Check out the indian website of Asus for details. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks