BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
hi
downloaded maps for New Delhi & NCR
Zoom Level 5-17
Slow & Detailed
Google Road Maps
The total size is about 100MB and have transfered it to the phone. As you advised I used the settings 1 hash & 256 tiles per file.
cant wait to test
Thats great harjeev. Now you also have to remember that all the maps you download must have the same hash and tiles per file settings. Else the MGMAPS software will give problems. Just keep this in mind when you download other maps in future. Do get back with your impressions on the software. Its really doing well for me and the best part is that its free ;-)
Old 29th April 2008, 21:51   #497
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Alternative to GPS

We will have an alternative to the US Dept. of Defense's GPS satellite navigation system.

Europe's Galileo satellite navigation system (the alternative to USA's GPS)
launched a second experimental satellite on Sun. 27-April, two days ago.

Called Giove-B, it carries an atomic clock that is stable to within 1 ns/day making it the most accurate atomic clock ever flown into space.
What does that mean?
An error of 1 nanosecond in timing means a global positioning error of no more than 30 cm!

The previous testbed satellite, Giove-A, had a pair of atomic clocks with 10-nanosecond accuracy.

When the Galileo navigation system begins operating officially (in 2013, I think), each of their 30 satellites will carry two of the 1-nanosecond accurate clocks for primary timekeeping and two of the less accurate 10-nanosecond clocks as backups.

Europe's Galileo and Russia's GLONASS will provide an alternative to GPS, so the three systems are interoperable.

Ram

Ref:PC World - Business Center: Galileo Navigation System Launches Second Satellite
Old 30th April 2008, 18:11   #498

Google navigator v3.2

Hi friends

For windows mobile one can use google navigator v3.2, this program can cache any amount of google map tracks(only tracks or hybrid) through wifi or activesync. on the road you can use it offline with gps and routing functions. (no need for GPRS) (you need a Bluetooth GPS or built-in GPS).
Attached Images

Old 4th May 2008, 19:04   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Gd, Can you post a review of the Garmin device and the maps available?

I use mgmaps in my carPC with a custom front end designed using skinbedder .. Think I have offline stored maps upto zoom level 13 for whole of India.

Attachment 11528
Hi Spadival,

SiInce you already have offline maps stored for all of India, It would be really good if you could share it with all of us so that we can take full benefits of your work.

It would be really appreciated if you could forward a link from where we could download those maps.
Old 5th May 2008, 12:47   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

It would be really appreciated if you could forward a link from where we could download those maps.

take a look at the following post on how to download maps in mgmaps http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post811011

Last edited by harjeev : 5th May 2008 at 12:49.
Old 6th May 2008, 09:35   #501
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Thanks for the information. Today I installed the MGMaps and also downloaded the maps as explained in the post. But post installation, I am unable to use the downloaded maps. How do you configure to use the downloaded maps for MGMaps can you please explain. I have HTC P3300 and have installed the MGMAPs beta 1.41.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:35   #502
Senior - BHPian

kailashnj, The intent JVM on HTC P3300 does not support stored maps. You will have to download and copy the IBM JVM and install mgmaps on it. How to set up Mobile GMaps on Windows-Mobile

Last edited by spadival : 6th May 2008 at 10:36.
Old 6th May 2008, 13:01   #503
BHPian

Thanks guys, I will try it today itself and let you know the end result.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:13   #504
BHPian

Bought - Mapmyindia Navigator @ Bangalore

I'm so excited, I got a Maymyindia navigator yesterday at Staples store in koramangala. I dint really require it, my gf gifted it to me, because she knows I am a sucker for electronic gadgets cheers:.

I just bought it yesterday, havent used it much, but first impressions, I am quite happy with its accuracy here in Bangalore. Will post review after I use it more in and around city.

Fellow Mapmyindia users, any additional info for me... like any map updates I should do or something, I registered the product in their website, but dint receive any mail yet.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:36   #505
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I am installing a CAR PC in my car and need help in choosing the GPS receiver.
I have shortlisted between iRide Technologies. CarPC based Vehicle Infotainment Systems (Rs.3900) and Sat Guide Product Details:: (Rs.4300).

Cost wise there is not much difference between the two.
both appear to be of the same chipset, Acquisition time is the same, Navigation update rate is the same. the Satnav as dual connectvity option USB and Bluetooth whereas the Iride one has connectvity only through USB.

I would like to buy a product which is better and offers more reliability.
I have seen other units on Ebay like GRAMIN but am not sure that what benefits it offers over the Iride and SatGuide systems and are selling at 2-3 times the cost
Please advise what unit to buy

Last edited by harjeev : 27th May 2008 at 18:41.
Old 27th May 2008, 20:55   #506
BHPian

Is MGMaps similar to Google Navigator or Google Maps ? Does it provide navigation ?
Old 16th June 2008, 21:57   #507

Maps and Mods for pioneer inbuilt GPS

Hi,
Does anybody know if a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 can be modified to accept Indian maps?

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th June 2008 at 22:21. Reason: Thread merged
Old 16th July 2008, 19:58   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someshb View Post
I'm so excited, I got a Maymyindia navigator yesterday at Staples store in koramangala. I dint really require it, my gf gifted it to me, because she knows I am a sucker for electronic gadgets cheers:.

I just bought it yesterday, havent used it much, but first impressions, I am quite happy with its accuracy here in Bangalore. Will post review after I use it more in and around city.

Fellow Mapmyindia users, any additional info for me... like any map updates I should do or something, I registered the product in their website, but dint receive any mail yet.
Hey,
How much it cost you?(if your GF told you tht ). What is the map option your choose? Was there any bargain possible?
Old 18th July 2008, 11:31   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajujey View Post
Hi friends

For windows mobile one can use google navigator v3.2, this program can cache any amount of google map tracks(only tracks or hybrid) through wifi or activesync. on the road you can use it offline with gps and routing functions. (no need for GPRS) (you need a Bluetooth GPS or built-in GPS).
The latest version of Google maps needs lot of memory to run. It doesn't run on my HTC P3300 so switched back to older version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
kailashnj, The intent JVM on HTC P3300 does not support stored maps. You will have to download and copy the IBM JVM and install mgmaps on it. How to set up Mobile GMaps on Windows-Mobile
I tried MGMaps and installed them, however when I used mapMaker software to capture maps, it creates necessary folders but no files in there. What could be the problem
Old 19th July 2008, 08:50   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post

I tried MGMaps and installed them, however when I used mapMaker software to capture maps, it creates necessary folders but no files in there. What could be the problem
This happened to me too once, but I could not figure out, what the problem was.

What I did was again create the .map file from mapcatcher and download it again.

This solved the issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks