Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 19:56   #421
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton Spad, this means quite a lot to me. The download has started. I'll try this out. I hope this software also has the ability to convert the .mps files to kml. If it does, then you get them the first..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I guess you have Track Conduit installed as well on your PC? If so, try re-installing it. Garmin: iQue Track Conduit Updates & Downloads

If you are successfull, please convert the tracks to kml and send it across
Old 18th January 2008, 16:22   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Sorry to butt-in. Any 1 over here has a PND Navigation with SatGuide + 1 City Map + All India Map that they offer for 12K. Is it worth it? I have a very tight budget for this, so dont want to throw away money and live with a lemon.
Does it come with voice guidance? I heard the mapmyindia PND doesnt come with voice guidance.
Old 18th January 2008, 23:27   #423
BANNED

voice Guidance

Quote:
Does it come with voice guidance? I heard the mapmyindia PND doesnt come with voice guidance.

Mapmyindia Nav does come with Voice guidance and all india maps.I am using it and seems pretty accurate.//
Dilip
Old 19th January 2008, 04:06   #424
BHPian

I'm currently located in the US and used the vehicle-based GPS extensively to drive to my destination. I was tempted to buy one to carry back home to India. However, I was unsure if it would work there - as far as route calculation and voice-based navigation is concerned. This thread has given me new hopes!

I'm getting GPS units at almost throw away prices compared to India. Just read someone paid INR 22k for a unit. I'm getting the Garmin StreetPilot c340 for about US $215 = ~INR 8100. Now for the question:

(1) Would it work as good in India with route calculation and voice navigation?

(2) What will I have to do to get Mumbai/India maps loaded on to it?

Don't want to end up with something that looks fancy but of no practical use! Your inputs are advice are much appreciated.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 19th January 2008, 10:06   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Mapmyindia Nav does come with Voice guidance and all india maps.I am using it and seems pretty accurate.//
Dilip
The satguide PND does have voice navigation. The site mentions so.
I think its a good deal at 12k. Any users on this forum with some pointers? I think Mapmyindia is too highly priced. The satguide PND just serves the purpose.
Old 19th January 2008, 10:23   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Dilip
Ahh..good. Then this is a good time for you to publish a review of Mapmyindia Nav. I think u r the only one on the forum who has bought it. How is the accuracy of the maps? I have found Yahoo India maps to be fairly accurate within the city limits. But they are way off as I move to the rural areas.
Old 19th January 2008, 10:48   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Ahh..good. Then this is a good time for you to publish a review of Mapmyindia Nav. I think u r the only one on the forum who has bought it. How is the accuracy of the maps? I have found Yahoo India maps to be fairly accurate within the city limits. But they are way off as I move to the rural areas.
Shrivz just bought one in pune. . He seems pretty satisfied with it, although there are some errors in the pune map. Accuracy seemed to be ok for the short while i say i in operation in his car.
Old 19th January 2008, 11:38   #428
Senior - BHPian

Dueller, you can contact the local Garmin Dealer her in India for the city maps. You can go to GPS India - GPS, Aviation, Marine, Handheld, Navigation, Binoculars, Compass, Windwatch. Their honcho Ramesh is also a member here. You'll have to scroll back a few messages here to look for his ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
I'm currently located in the US and used the vehicle-based GPS extensively to drive to my destination. I was tempted to buy one to carry back home to India. However, I was unsure if it would work there - as far as route calculation and voice-based navigation is concerned. This thread has given me new hopes!

I'm getting GPS units at almost throw away prices compared to India. Just read someone paid INR 22k for a unit. I'm getting the Garmin StreetPilot c340 for about US $215 = ~INR 8100. Now for the question:

Don't want to end up with something that looks fancy but of no practical use! Your inputs are advice are much appreciated.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 19th January 2008, 11:45   #429
Senior - BHPian

Guys - need info and help.

1) which bluetooth gps receiver to get for the Nokia E65 ?

2) Maps - will I be able to get here ? Where ? How ?
Old 19th January 2008, 12:10   #430
Senior - BHPian

1)Holux M1000,NC.
Its some 4500 bucks.
Old 19th January 2008, 12:19   #431
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nitrous. And the maps ? Where will I get the maps ? (free bhi chalega)
Old 19th January 2008, 14:44   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Thanks Nitrous. And the maps ? Where will I get the maps ? (free bhi chalega)
There you go ->

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post601773
Old 19th January 2008, 19:26   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
1)Holux M1000,NC.
Its some 4500 bucks.
Nitrous, any idea for p990i ?
Also, can we have some thing universal kinda stuff which do not need to be changed after changing the phone ?

Preferably blue tooth one only !!

Last edited by ashthedivx : 19th January 2008 at 19:27.
Old 21st January 2008, 11:23   #434

I use a Homebrew capable Playstation Portable (PSP) with the Sony GPS released for it. It is a good option for people who already own a PSP. The GPS add on from Sony cost me ~1900 Rs.
Old 21st January 2008, 16:26   #435
BHPian

gps maps in India??

Hi DueLLeR

Sorry to say but I very much doubt you will be able to use the device in India. I recently bought a GPS device from Malaysia, costed me less than 10k, but after coming bk to b'lore try as much I could not get a compatible software and maps for it.

My device was the exact s/w n s/s configuration of Mapmyindia Delphi unit and I am sure it'd have worked with it but the mapmyindia guys refused to give me the software or the maps, they wanted me to buy their device (for 22k!! )

So my 2 penny advice to you is - please ensure you will get a compatible software n maps before you bring it in

Satish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post

Cheers!
DueLLeR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks