Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:51   #931
BHPian

Re: What's that sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Sounds like a bad transmission input shaft bearing to me.

The car is still under warranty, take it back to them with your video evidence, put your foot down and make them fix it!
Thanks for the heads. After your inputs, I googled the same and it looks like the same issue.

I informed the SA to get it rectified and I'm strong that I won't be taking the car back with the noise.

Thanks!
Jagann13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:57   #932
BHPian

Rough Engine Noise (clatter) in TUV300, looking for a cause

What Car: Mahindra TUV 300 1.5 ltr mhawk crdi 100bhp
Km driven: 42000
Recent service was at 39k mark (40k service)
Problem: Rough idling clatter and driving noise from engine. Rough in the sense, it is not the usual CRDI hum but almost like DI engine's "shaking a tin can with pebbles inside sound."

Since when: About 4 days. I noticed it first after I have picked up the car from bodyshop. Some sharp objects that flew from a truck tyre have hit windshield and bonnet. Windshield had a crack and bonnet had a small dent. Windshield was replaced and bonnet dent was worked on and repainted. Have noticed audible clatter inside cabin the moment I picked car after the repair. Have asked bodyshop guys what they have done to cause the sound. They denied touching the engine, all they did was superficial work, even insulation layer under bonnet was not removed.

What did I do so far: Have given the car to workshop and asked them to look for a cause of engine clatter. They did observe the rough clatter noise and first replaced both vacuum modulators. I was told TUV 300 has two vacuum modulators. Still the noise was there, so they opened and checked turbo, inter-cooler and all other fittings and tubes for leaks. Everything is reported fine and no apparent cause. Vehicle performance also appears usual. However this rough engine clatter is still there. They asked me to drive around for a few days to see if any other symptoms appear so that they can diagnose the cause better. As of now, the A.S.S team is clueless about the origin of noise.

I request the tech-gurus here to please point me in the right direction to identify the cause of this rough engine noise(clatter)
Old 8th December 2020, 19:33   #933
BHPian

Hi folks,

I have had this noise creeping into my car cabin.

Car: Ignis Delta Petrol 2017

Mileage: 5000 KM

Issue: I hear a rubbing kind of noise (faint krrr-krrr-krrr) from the engine bay, when the throttle is let go when in a lower gear (2nd mostly). The noise also seems to creep in when the engine slightly knocks after crossing a pothole.

I have reported this to MASS during my paid service. They did throttle body cleaning (I know that's of no use). Any advise please? I have tried to locate the source with the engine running but couldn't unfortunately.

PS: The car is with my parents and was rarely driven during the lockdown period. I discovered this in September when I took her out.

Regards,
Shreyan
Old 23rd February 2021, 01:28   #934
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (3)

In my chevy spark I am getting air release sound everytime I press the break pedal, noise continues until I keep the pedal pressed.
Can anymore please tell tell me; what is this issue.
I have changed front disc pads, battery and overhaulled front suspension; over a month ago during regular service and till now everything was fine.
I am planning a 600km trip to Mumbai on this weekend.
Is it something serious!!!
Old 11th April 2021, 16:58   #935
S15
BANNED

Skoda Fabia 1.2 mpi petrol. Feb 2012. 96 K km run.
(sometimes) grinding sound when going from second to third gear
In general difficulty in engaging reverse.

Is my transmission on the way out (and hence I should sell the car), or is it just a clutch needing replacement. (still running on stock clutch, BTW)
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 23:18   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Skoda Fabia 1.2 mpi petrol. Feb 2012. 96 K km run.
(sometimes) grinding sound when going from second to third gear
Sounds like a worn synchro. Should be cheap.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 23:20   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanhsaraf View Post
In my chevy spark I am getting air release sound everytime I press the break pedal, noise continues until I keep the pedal pressed.
Vacuum leak in brake booster. Change it ASAP.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:08   #938
BHPian

What car - Hyundai Creta SX petrol manual 2021
Kilometers driven - 3300 kms
What's the issue - I hear sound of rubbing parts (like krrr krrr) from rear left side of my car when driven on road with potholes. Noise doesn't appear when running on smooth tarmac. No noise when accelerating or braking, or shifting gears. Only when car goes over potholes or bumps. The issue appeared all of a sudden today morning. Car was running whisper quiet till yesterday evening.

I have checked visually so far, including sunroof panels, rear seats and boot, everything looks ok. What could be the reason for the noise ? I'm absolutely clueless about this.
Old 29th June 2021, 22:27   #939
BHPian

Car: Ignis AMT, Dec 2020
Kilometres driven: 1290
Issues:
1)Car's front wheels feels like they are jumping for few seconds after starting and moving out the parking lot with a rump-rump-rump sound. Doesn't happen again no matter how many times I start or stop it afterwards. Only the first time of the day.

2) A faint khus-khus-khus like friction sound somewhere at the front when accelerating which multiplies with increase in speed.

Please help!
Old 26th July 2021, 21:31   #940
BHPian

For the last few weeks the exhaust of my car( 10 year old maruti A-star) has developed this shrill whistling noise, can any expert comment on this, is there a leak or something?

There is no performance or mileage drop. The car though 10 years old is fairly new and has done only 30000 km in 10 years and regularly serviced.

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2021 at 06:53. Reason: As requested
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 09:37   #941

'TAKTAKTAK' noise from a 4 month old Tata Nexon.

My father has bought a 2021 Petrol Tata Nexon XZ+, and it was delivered to us on 2nd April, 2021. It's been roughly 4 months since we have had this car with us, and hasn't even clocked 1000 km yet, due to the Pandemic. The 'TAKTAKTAK' noise mentioned in the title had started out as a squeaky noise from the front left part of the car whenever the car was in motion. But one day, my father and I thought of finding out a solution to this. We parked the car and I was just about to get out when I heard the noise again. It was from my seat! I moved a bit back and front and the noise disappeared. But after 2-3 weeks, the same noise started coming but from the front right part of the car, most presumably from the suspension components. We earlier thought it was either from the B-Pillar or the C-Pillar.

The first 1000km service was due and it was decided we must take it to the Tata Motors Heritage service center. The mechanic said that it is indeed from the suspension. He returned the car the same day, and my father drove some distance to confirm if the problem had been resolved, but after 4-5 kilometers, the noise came from the same place. We called them and the mechanic said that the noise will be there for 2 or 3 days, and it will be alright. The car was not driven for 16 days. The car is mainly used to reach Powai from Thane. Today, my father heard the squeaky noise while going towards Powai, and then it became louder, and now its 'TAKTAKTAK'.

Please suggest what we could do to resolve this issue. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th August 2021, 13:33   #942
BHPian

Can anyone help me what the issue could be? This ticking noise started yesterday and seems to be coming from near the dash. It there even on engine off and also while driving.

Old 31st August 2021, 20:59   #943
BHPian

2015 Grand i10 petrol automatic (torque convertor) model

33,000 kms on the ODO.

There is a hoarse groaning noise at low RPMs (1700-2400). The noise starts to fade as RPM increases. The noise is always present at low speed even when running on the highway.

The other day, I was driving at 70-80 kmph and the car constantly has the noise. As soon as I switch to manual gear (3rd gear), RPM rises and noise is gone; however, 4th gear and acceleration brings the sound back.

Please help identify the problem.

TIA
Old 16th October 2021, 08:34   #944

Hey guys… noticing maybe an issue with my Endeavour but not sure.

Car: Endeavour 4x4 2021

KM Driven: 1500

The problem noise: Sometimes when I start off from a complete stop I hear extra noise than usual, like a loud fan which goes away when the car switches to higher gears. It’s more like a groan or a roar sort of noise.
It was perhaps slightly more frequent on an incline.

I do not notice any other symptom apart from this noise though and the acceleration is normal. At other times things remain calm. I guess it is generally when the car has been running for a while. Been noticing it since the first week of ownership actually but did not get a chance to have it looked at due to a hectic schedule.

Any pointers appreciated!
Old 16th October 2021, 12:00   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchsucKr View Post
Hey guys… noticing maybe an issue with my Endeavour but not sure.

Car: Endeavour 4x4 2021

KM Driven: 1500

The problem noise: Sometimes when I start off from a complete stop I hear extra noise than usual, like a loud fan which goes away when the car switches to higher gears. It’s more like a groan or a roar sort of noise.
It was perhaps slightly more frequent on an incline.

I do not notice any other symptom apart from this noise though and the acceleration is normal. At other times things remain calm. I guess it is generally when the car has been running for a while. Been noticing it since the first week of ownership actually but did not get a chance to have it looked at due to a hectic schedule.

Any pointers appreciated!
I'm pretty sure it's the radiator fan that you're hearing. It goes away at higher speeds because air flows through the radiator then and the fan doesn't have to work that hard, plus other noises cover it up.
Gamerk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks