Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 11:58   #1336
BANNED

Maruti 800 Radiator: woodlock member?

Parents know nothing about cars: so my parents were driving their Maruti-800 and at a junction hit/bumped into an auto driver. They are both old so the auto drivers hassled them for INR 5k and the traffic police towed the vehicle to the station and such, and asked them to 'settle' it.

Parent called up Mandovi Wilson Gardens, Bangalore and it's been 8 days roughly with no news on what's wrong with the car. Parents trust them, been going to them for years.

Called them up today and they are
1. looking for a part
2. radiator - wood-lock member?

I just use a bicycle+scooty so wanted to learn more.

A. Are old car part spares from Maruti-800 hard to find?
B. Is there some kind of diagram that shows all the parts - you know those blown up images on a datasheet/assembly/isometric drawing?
C. Where can you buy car parts in Bangalore [for Maruti 800]?
D. Should I help out - given my current state of ignorance?

The idea being maybe I could locate the part for them.. (there's a radiator cross member)
Old 7th January 2021, 12:16   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti 800 Radiator: woodlock member?

Are you sure it is a 'wood' lock and not a 'hood' lock? If so it is the top member where the bonnet assembly sits. It's a rather flimsy piece of bolt-on metal in a Maruti 800. Which model is this vehicle? Shape/Series?
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:47   #1338
BANNED

ah! thank you! yes - it's that. MB308
Old 7th January 2021, 15:38   #1339
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Regarding availability, it depends on city to city. Still if ordered by dealer, most of the spares are easily available in a week's time.

2. Hoodlock member costs 60 rupees or so. As Jaggu said, its quite flimsy.

3. Visit oriparts.com for detailed diagrams and part numbers.

4. In Bangalore, Essar Automotives or Nema are authorized MGP stores. They are quite reputed and may have this part in ready stock.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 18:18   #1340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by veek View Post
Parents know nothing about cars:

The idea being maybe I could locate the part for them.. (there's a radiator cross member)
I am willing to help you with any prob you may have with your M800. Not an expert though. Have a fair knowledge on what to look for and where.
pdpyen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 10:13   #1341
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Pls help with the part number and price for Ciaz ZDI+ roof liner replacement.

Old 24th January 2021, 11:13   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Pls help with the part number and price for Ciaz ZDI+ roof liner replacement.

https://Youtu.be/_bqJAAxrSlc
Part number: 78110M82R20-V6N
Price: Rs. 4448

Before replacing at your cost, I recommend mailing to MSIL once. This clearly looks like a manufacturing defect to me. MSIL is very genuine when it comes to resolving issues. Request them to get it checked once. Since you are based around NCR, they'll happily send someone to your place.

Recently a friend had paint peeling issues on his 2016 Brezza. Despite the dealer citing it as external damage, my friend wrote to MSIL to atleast have a look once. They sent paint vendor representatives to his place and now they are replacing the door panel along with new paint, free of cost.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 24th January 2021, 11:29   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Part number: 78110M82R20-V6N
Price: Rs. 4448

Before replacing at your cost, I recommend mailing to MSIL once. This clearly looks like a manufacturing defect to me.
Would it be contact@maruti.co.in ?

I am doubtful if Maruti would do anything. Car is 2015 model, and out of warranty. Also, as I have witnessed before, Maruti never sends anyone out here, but rather the request gets forwarded to service centre.
Old 24th January 2021, 11:32   #1344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Would it be contact@maruti.co.in ?

I am doubtful if Maruti would do anything. Car is 2015 model, and out of warranty. Also, as I have witnessed before, Maruti never sends anyone out here, but rather the request gets forwarded to service centre.
Yes.

Let's try once. The Brezza I was telling you about, is based out of Gurgaon too. And they did respond well.

No harm in trying.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 24th January 2021, 17:30   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.

Let's try once.
Done with the email and video. Let's see how they respond !
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 21:15   #1346
BHPian

Hi!

Our Maruti 800 2003 carb non ac 's IRVM assembly broke and fell from the roof. The plastic probably became brittle with age. I went onto boodmo to look for the replacement but there are several part nos for the same part, and since there are no images on boodmo, I'm not able to order the right part. Can you pls help.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture.png  

Old 24th January 2021, 21:58   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Hi!

Our Maruti 800 2003 carb non ac 's IRVM assembly broke and fell from the roof. The plastic probably became brittle with age. I went onto boodmo to look for the replacement but there are several part nos for the same part, and since there are no images on boodmo, I'm not able to order the right part. Can you pls help.
Checkout page 3 of my Maruti 800 thread. You can get auto dimming IRVM too

Regards,
Shashi

Edit: Or if you wish stock one, then part number ending with V12 is the one to go with.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th January 2021 at 22:26.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 23:04   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Checkout page 3 of my Maruti 800 thread. You can get auto dimming IRVM too

Regards,
Shashi

Edit: Or if you wish stock one, then part number ending with V12 is the one to go with.
Thank you so much for the clarification sir.

is this the post you're referring to ? LINK (The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27)

Because that's not auto, but manual dimming prismatic mirror if I'm not mistaken.

edit: And I'm unable to find the part on boodmo. the number on top in the pic yeilds no results, and the bottom number is covered by flash. Could you help me find it please.

Last edited by viXit : 24th January 2021 at 23:15.
Old 24th January 2021, 23:33   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Because that's not auto, but manual dimming prismatic mirror if I'm not mistaken.

edit: And I'm unable to find the part on boodmo. the number on top in the pic yeilds no results, and the bottom number is covered by flash. Could you help me find it please.
Yes apologies, I meant manual adjuster only.

Part number is 84703M70B41

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 22:26   #1350
BHPian

Hi
I am looking for the part numbers of drain plug and gasket (alto 2020)

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks