Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 15:10   #136
BHPian

I had a clutch SC issue in my Palio 1.2 but it never had symptoms as described above. All i noted was oil leak in my garage and hence I took it to the workshop where it was diagnosed of broken Clutch SC. Unfortunately I havent had a chance to TD the car post SC replacement as I dont have the car with me.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

my Palio 1.6 refused to slot in any gear with ignition on. the clutch pedal felt numb - thank god it was in a by-lane without any traffic. pushed the car to the side and found that there is a leak in the metal pipe that connects to the master cylinder.

Car had to be towed to the a Hyundai A.S.S. where i get all work done.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 22nd February 2010 at 14:35.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:55   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
my Palio 1.6 refused to slot in any gear with ignition on. the clutch pedal felt numb - thank god it was in a by-lane without any traffic. pushed the car to the side and found that there is a leak in the metal pipe that connects to the master cylinder.

Car had to be towed to the a Hyundai A.S.S. where i get all work done.
If you had noticed, your brakes would have also gone weak. In Palio the Clutch and Brake oil come from the same storage space.

FIAT in Hyundai A.S.S ? This is strange though you are lucky to avail Hyundai A.S.S which is heaven compared to FIAT A.S.S
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

I know s3va

well it all happened all of a sudden when i was parallel parking. First the reverse gear got stuck (in gear) - i realised something was wrong (RPM went up) and i switch off the car - put it in neutral as if there was no problem - push it to the side (with engine on).

till that time tank was full - but the more i tried the more fluid leaked - clutch and brakes went dead soon. :(

there is a leak in the metal pipe near the plastic bracket that holds brake and clutch pipes. Last heard that the brake pipe / cylinder also has rust - changing that as well.

The owner of the Hyundai A.S.S (Alok Automobiles) has been really helpful earlier as well. He does work on Rally Prepared Esteems and also worked on a famous White Beast in Kolkata (a White Evo VI).
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:00   #140
BHPian

planet. How old is your 1.6 ?
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

She is a 2003 item covered 53K kms in 8 years.

You sold your Palio?
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:01   #142
BHPian

Hehe "Item" eh ? !

Mie, Nope, not sold ! the 1.2 is running as gracious as ever , except for the fact that I dont get it for daily rides as my dad drives it back home.

Instead I do get periodic rides in one of my friends' 1.6 to recharge the spirits.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:50   #143
BHPian

Some times while driving my M800 when I step on the gas pedal the engine rpm increases (engine starts roaring) but the vehicle goes with the same pace and does not accelerate. This happens on all gears.
Is it a case of Clutch slipping?
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:08   #144
BHPian

^^ Yes. Thats definitely a slipping clutch. Please have it look at. How many kms has the car run since the last clutch change?

Could be a bad clutch or an oil leak causing a good clutch to slip.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:11   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
^^ Yes. Thats definitely a slipping clutch. Please have it look at. How many kms has the car run since the last clutch change?

Could be a bad clutch or an oil leak causing a good clutch to slip.
Thanks CrackHead.
The car has done around 35k to 40k from last clutch change. I was expecting it to be a clutch slip. Just wanted to confirm. I will have it changed at the earliest.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:12   #146
BHPian

My Wagon R is about to complete 52k kms.Since the past 1-2 months (2-3k kms) the clutch has become hard and i think the clutch needs overhaul.I just wanted to confirm if WagonR has hydraulic clutch or has a cable for adjustment .
There is no loss of pickup neither are there any vibrations.Everything else is same,no other symptoms.What do you suggest ?
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:03   #147
BHPian

My bro's Fiat Palio SDX, which is a 2008 model gave hath :(

Yday I tried reversing the car, however the gear never slotted properly, sensing I am not pushing the clutch enough, I made sure I pushed it to the max with full strength, then again the gear was NOT slotting.

Sensing the clutch problem, I tried the first gear & the other gears. It did change but Very Very hesitantly. I realised its a major clutch problem.

I took his car to the concorde showroom on Mys rd, & they said the clutch plate, the bearings are all gone..& gave me an estimate of abt 15K.

Can the gurus here tell me how could it break down with the total running of 24K, in 2 yrs & it was just fine in the mrng...I just cant believe this has happened :(

Any other place in Banglore I can show, pl let me know a good / quality & reliable service guy (Concorde, Prerrana & Green Tracks)

Thanks
Old 4th March 2010, 09:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

CRN12 - a New clutch can burn in a matter of 100 kms if ridden on clutch or driven with hand brakes on. So do not be surprised such a thing has occurred to a car which has been driven for 2 years.

As of today the best bet with FIAT cars is TATA A.S.S. I hear Mysore road service center is one of the better ones they have.

How did the service center tell you that the clutch plate and bearings are gone. Did they dismantle the clutch?
Old 4th March 2010, 12:34   #149
BHPian

Need help in understanding this issue

I am trying to understand whether I am doing it wrong or car is having some issue. My Fiat Punto these days is giving jerks when I press clutch before I release accelerator completely( while shifting from first gear to second gear with AC on). If I release accelerator completely and press clutch, it doesn't jerk at all. Also the jerk is not there when AC is off even if there is a slight overlap of accelerator releasing and pressing clutch. Please let me know if this is something to do with the clutch or should I be always releasing the accelerator completely before pressing the clutch
Old 4th March 2010, 14:15   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujai View Post
Please let me know if this is something to do with the clutch or should I be always releasing the accelerator completely before pressing the clutch
Dear Sujay, I think ideally you should be releasing the accelerator completely before pressing the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks