Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

What insurance and add-ons do you have? Does it explicitly say in the policy term and condition that it is not covered. If it is does not explicitly specify adulterated fuel, you may be able to contest it in someway.
I have all the bell & whistles - including engine cover.
I had a talk with insurance guy but he clearly explains this criteria is not covered .
As i have mentioned in my 1st post - this point is surgically placed by manufacturers & insurance companies both in warranty & insurance cover - to prevent any major claim to them. Since this is related to engine only - many other points will be there which we wil look into once this issue is settled .

Thanks all for your kind support .

Day 22 : No resolution. HAIL NEXA !!
100BHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:11   #122
BHPian

I have re-tweeted as well.

I have a feeling MSIL expected or had foreseen such issues. Despite being such a powerful engine, Maruti did not plonk it on the super mega hits Ciaz, Brezza or Ertiga yet. We all know that any 'foreign' engine needs some time to settle down in Indian turf. Probably S-cross 1.6 was a production 'test mule' from MSIL. If they don't replace the engine, they are doing a big mistake.

One point to add as a empathising fellow team bhpian here to help 100bhp, we all should post this t-bhp link everywhere possible wherever you read about the NEW s-cross launch. If we do that, it will surely hurt them. Search google, youtube etc.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:39   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I have re-tweeted as well.

I have a feeling MSIL expected or had foreseen such issues. Despite being such a powerful engine, Maruti did not plonk it on the super mega hits Ciaz, Brezza or Ertiga yet. We all know that any 'foreign' engine needs some time to settle down in Indian turf. Probably S-cross 1.6 was a production 'test mule' from MSIL. If they don't replace the engine, they are doing a big mistake.
On the Ciaz and Breeza yes, on the Ertiga dont thing so since the engine is a tight fit in the Scross itself. Moreover w.r.t the price point of view the prices will sky rocket owing to the price of the engine.
Coming back to the issue, me being an owner of an Alpha 1.6, the ordeal faced by 100bhp really raises questions on how shady the dealers can be. For every service I make sure I stand beside the car and question each and every job being done, especially when the fluids are being changed and replenished. I have tweeted the link to nexa and CVRaman. Hoping to see some positive response from them. Maruti needs to understand, hiring some MBA grads and dressing them up with suites and giving them Ipads isnt enough. The commitment has to be there from start till the end.
Keeping an eye on the thread.
Just for the info, one of my colleague's Scross 1.3 suffered a breakdown couple of days back. Initial diagnosis has pointed out some sort of failure in the fuel system (she is not able to understand what the actual issue is). The good thing is the workshop has provided them with a Dzire automatic and parts to be replaced under warranty.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:47   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
I have all the bell & whistles - including engine cover.
I had a talk with insurance guy but he clearly explains this criteria is not covered.

Day 22 : No resolution. HAIL NEXA !!
Stay strong during this ordeal.

- If possible, take a sample bottle of the fuel they say is "adulterated".

- Make sure they are not billing you for that loaner car. If your insurance policy has a provision for a standby car during the claim process, use that. Mine had a travel allowance of a particular amount per day that was adjusted in the final bill.

- I may have missed it, but were the 2 dents on the bumper already there were you gave them the car?

- I think the system of dumping parts inside the car is an established Maruti Suzuki process - probably documented. They did the same to my Alto when it had some engine work being done. "Luckily" for me, they had dumped the greasy stuff in the boot. (And this is a reputed MASS in Karnataka with a service head who's actually a car enthusiast like us). Its probably to ensure that parts don't get lost . Compared to that, Ford kept all parts in a separate box or outside it - gathering dust but atleast not making the upholstery dirty.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:53   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the tweets begin

Regards,
Shashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys,
One suggestion : This is an after sales service issue and not proven as a manufacturing defect yet.
So, we should tweet the Sales head and Service head as well.

Mr Randhir Singh Kalsi - Sales Director
Mr Pankaj Narula - Service Head

Last edited by kpzen : 23rd May 2017 at 10:12.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:54   #126
BHPian

The battery tray is close to the dip stick.Oil coming out from the dip stick due to the crankcase getting pressurized could be a reason. It could be due to the crankcase being overfilled or the ventilation system (PCV) not functioning.Since the air filter also has oil traces this could be the most plausible reason.
1. Was the coolant level ok,when you checked? Were there coolant leaks also?
2. I cant see photos of the crankshaft bearings,can you post photos of the same,to see if they are damaged. What damages are they talking about?
3.If there was excessive pressure in crankcase,crankshaft seal also must have given way.
4. Are there photos of the liner after piston has been removed.
5. If the breather hoses were flooded,there must still be traces of sludge.

One has to prepare a proper fool proof technical argument to counter. Please ask them for a technical explanation how adulterated fuel could cause this.Please also send the fuel for testing, at an independent lab which is ok to Maruti also.
biju1971 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:01   #127
BHPian

https://twitter.com/ajayclicks/statu...73510940909568

I have re-tweeted as well. Was looking at the Baleno to replace my swift, and thought of giving Maruti a scare
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:08   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this S Cross a lemon?

I find many people talking extreme position against MSIL here laughable.

Yes 100bhp has had a problem with his car and subsequent handling is not one would expect.

But to write off entire service and vehicle chain is not justified. This way I do not think any brand will be problem free
sudev is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:10   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnuvila View Post
What does Maruti Suzuki really hope to achieve with NEXA if customers and their hard earned machines are treated like this. I had read quite a few ownership reviews where people did not get the actual NEXA experience during delivery of their new vehicles even. @100BHP I feel so sorry for you, man. I have re-tweeted what @Leoshashi has written. I hope things work out for you.

On a side note, once we had an issue with a service centre around 5-6 years back. We had a Baleno Lxi, and it broke down during a marriage trip. It was towed to the nearest service centre and fuel pump was diagnosed as the issue? Since the spare part had to arrive from Japan, the car was left in the service centre for two weeks. When we received the car back, it had dirt and grease on the upholstery and steering wheel and centre console. The car perfume was missing and there was a scratch on the right side of the hood. We wrote an e-mail to Maruti and in two days all the issues were rectified. I don't know what has happened to that Maruti Suzuki company we could count on! I guess the NEXA experience is only in their ads.
NEXA experience is more in the advertisements than on the ground. I was recently in the market for an upgrade and went to NEXA. The experience was nothing to write about, with showroom people acting pricey and snobbish. Maybe it was one-off an experience but for a customer that is more than enough. Finally ended up booking a Mahindra car. Not that their service experience is any better but at least I am not sold the NEXA experience so my expectations are caliberated.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:50   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Oil was oberved in Exhaust end also - that's why emission check light came on ! Isn't oil is circulated in closed loop - how it went into exhaust system ?
Dear Mohit Sir,

My SA went through this thread in detail, and from all the details which you have given so far, this is what he has to say:

-This failure has happened because of faulty Turbocharger. The oil seals of the shaft has failed, which can lead to oil flow into intake or exhaust side. This explains presence of oil in air filter box and exhaust tip as well.

-Improper diesel etc is all hogwash.

-Even if oil is overfilled, the turbo oil seal won't fail in this manner, as the input and output quantity of oil inside turbo remains same. Other failures may occur like some other oil seals failing, but turbo oil seal won't fail like this.

-You should focus on Turbo, and my SA is sure that it is faulty. Engine damage has occured because of turbo being faulty and subsequent oil leaks. Where is the Turbo currently?? Has MSIL taken it??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

Retweeted the tweets. Here is link to mine: https://twitter.com/akshaywcam1/stat...39718380957696
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:11   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mohit Sir,

My SA went through this thread in detail, and from all the details which you have given so far, this is what he has to say:

-This failure has happened because of faulty Turbocharger. The oil seals of the shaft has failed, which can lead to oil flow into intake or exhaust side. This explains presence of oil in air filter box and exhaust tip as well.
Thank you sir for sharing this. That makes a lot of sense to me and I think the failed turbo is the cause of all grief and this particular service center has purposefully hid the cause from Mohit. either that or they don't know what they are talking about. I really hope that Maruti steps in and does a exhaustive investigation and gives relief. It's very important that they do this at the earliest and also ensure the car is delivered back to Mohit in factory fit condition
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:13   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Thanks for helping the OP out by sharing the same on Twitter & Facebook. But please don't spam this thread with one-liner posts on the shares. Our rules don't permit short posts that add no value to the main discussion.

Appreciate the support .
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:16   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
-This failure has happened because of faulty Turbocharger. The oil seals of the shaft has failed, which can lead to oil flow into intake or exhaust side. This explains presence of oil in air filter box and exhaust tip as well
I agree with your SA. Based on the photographs shared by the OP I had my suspicions on the turbocharger because that is the only component that can dump a significant quantity of engine oil into the air filter chamber AND the exhaust.

@Mohit/100BHP - I really feel your pain and disappointment. Not just due to the failure but worse still because of the manner in which the entire episode has been handled by MSIL and the MASS. I truly hope you get your car back in shape. This thread has been forwarded to my friends & relatives.

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd May 2017 at 11:20. Reason: Typo
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:19   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
......This failure has happened because of faulty Turbocharger. The oil seals of the shaft has failed, which can lead to oil flow into intake or exhaust side. This explains presence of oil in air filter box and exhaust tip as well.
Agree with oil spill and into exhaust due to seal failure and have written similar in my post earlier in the thread.

Though how could this result in oil into air filter is not understood. Between turbo and air filter box two factors need to be overcome. One oil traveling against high speed and pressure of air being sucked in. Two even after reaching filter it has to drip through.

Plus oil in battery box plate...... More likely two failures.

Vexing scenario

Last edited by sudev : 23rd May 2017 at 11:21.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks