Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:35   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
What will be the warranty assurance for engine & all other parts after so much mishandling - i had asked for complete 4 years warranty again for engine & vehicle
I'm most excited to know their response on this because I don't think they are going to agree, well, fingers crossed!

What about those dents and HU knob missing? Did they agree it was all caused at their workshop?

I got very happy though when I read that the car would be given to you in showroom condition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@100BHP now are you not expecting too much? Engine is being replaced but you want complete warranty for four years??!!
The way that car was handled by them, they better give warranty on the seat covers too!

We are so accustomed to getting treated like crap by the manufacturers that the moment someone agrees to rectify a problem its like we should be obligated to them for life. How do you compensate a customer for the agony you caused them?

Rohan Motors & all those involved in hushing up the matter are nothing but a bunch of lowlives & scammers. It is simply because of these kind of people that a regular honest Joe is taken for a ride in our country.

Lets not forget, someone who was so firm in their stand of 'adulterated fuel' didn't just have a change of heart overnight. As GTO said, the message would reach the right people and it did in due time and THAT'S what made all this happen.

Kudos teambhp for supporting OP!
fine69 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

@100HP, that is certainly good news. Please run in your car and take utmost care after delivery. It would be good, if MASS would do some extensive test runs to make sure that there are no issues after engine replacement.
Old 23rd May 2017, 20:46   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This filter box has only two openings location 1 air entry scoop and location 2 MAF side. Oil ought to have entered from either of these two right?
Does it have oil breather / emission control opening anywhere in the circuit? Been a while so am not in touch with these engines.

Quote:

2. All part changes to be provided in writing before start of the work
3. What will be the warranty assurance for engine & all other parts after so much mishandling - i had asked for complete 4 years warranty again for engine & vehicle .
4. RC & Insurance updation to be done as engine number will change.
5. I had asked them to change the venue of repair to Maruti Service Masters but was assured by NS that their SA & Tech is trained for all areas.
Congratulations to you and kudos to MUL! They are doing the right thing.

2- Ask for complete engine replacement, sealed unit from factory. Will be a plug and play.

3- Warranty to be extended for new engine and associated parts in engine bay that can be affected, like AC etc to be extended for OE warranty period (2 years?) from date of delivery from workshop.

4- Endorsement to be done by them, cost its upto you since its minimal.

5- Highly unlikely, but you can request for the MUL regional service personal to be present at workshop during re-assembly. Sign off on final check.

Final check for peace of mind, do a follow up full check up's after 100 kms, 1000 and 5000 kms at a different dealer workshop as recommended by MUL.

Above points have things covered for you. Manufacturer has been responsive, being reasonable won't hurt since its a matter of trust with MUL now on, not with dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Thanks for the update. Please make sure that, before the first start of your new engine
If you are lucky the engine will come pre-filed from factory, otherwise post 5 will take care of this concern.

3 cheers to the power of Team-BHP community for standing by what is right and MUL for doing the right thing!

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd May 2017 at 20:48.
Jaggu is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 23*

NS has assured that all details will be taken from MSIL & shared with me. He had also assured that car will be handed over in Showroom conditon.

Hoping for the best !
+1 to MSIL & Rohan today !
Have been following this thread closely from yesterday.

I am so happy for you that finally MSIL has owned this up. However I got 2 quick ones for You:
  • Are you supposed to pay something towards this from your pocket?
  • Should you really be going ahead with this build rather than asking for a replacement, as I feel that it could never ever match the 'showroom condition' provided the technical skills of our ASC has and especially with Rohan after seeing their "interesting findings".

Anyways wish you luck with this case mate !
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 23*

I had asked him to provide the following in writing :

NS has assured that all details will be taken from MSIL & shared with me. He had also assured that car will be handed over in Showroom conditon.
Hope they live up to their words! Please ensure regular follow-ups until the car is delivered in showroom condition. I am a firm believer of "if you are in pain, then pass the pain to 'stakeholders', else you wont get anything more than formal sympathy!".

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 23*
+1 to MSIL & Rohan today !
Absolutely! Good luck
Zinda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:08   #171
BHPian

*Update Day 23_part b*

Late evening call from Nexa / MUL today. Want to meet me tomorrow with some multi disciplinary team of service, quality and technical for some discussion and final closure.

Hoping that things will get only better. Not clear about exact agenda... Will update ASAP.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd May 2017 at 22:12. Reason: Post edited, dotty post: Please avoid typing like this... and instead use proper punctuations. Thanks.
100BHP is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:15   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hoping that things will get only better. Not clear about exact agenda... Will update ASAP.
All the very best, have shared realistic expectations that can be pursued in my last reply. Do consider. Hope this turns around into a customer delight experience and may you have a working and reliable car at the earliest.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 22:51   #173
BHPian

Shocking to see the issue on 1.6 S-Cross and the poor/terrible responses from Maruti Suzuki. Looks like the car is not niggle free going by the actual users of both 1.3 S-Cross and 1.6 S-Cross.

People buy Maruti cars for trouble free ownership experience in spite of any limitations in the actual cars themselves.

If I am going to buy a Maruti car and get a Skoda type ownership experience then I might as well buy a Skoda car in the first place.
searacer932 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 07:51   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Does it have oil breather / emission control opening anywhere in the circuit? Been a while so am not in touch with these engines.
Yes, the PCV. But its next to turbo's inlet not in the airbox.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 07:58   #175
BHPian

Since the car's engine number has changed, will you be getting the RC updated as well? We are all car lovers here, and tend to maintain and keep cars for a reasonable time. But at some point, you may upgrade/switch. How does this affect the resale value?
Old 24th May 2017, 08:28   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes, the PCV. But its next to turbo's inlet not in the airbox.
malfunctioning PCV can also cause same situation. There is a video on youtube with same symptoms of engine oil splattered all over which had faulty PCV.
Old 24th May 2017, 08:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
I challenged both of them to explain the working of the Vacuum cylinder + Brake booster functionality using pen & paper.
This is so heart warming to read.

Many a times, I challenge the SA's to explain the concept of parts that they want to change for no reason.

Now days, they just go by the book and do things only when I ask them to do it. Else they don't dare to touch the parts.

Here's where a good cordial relation with floor manager comes into play. The moment SA's try to play game, taking names will put them in right place.

Maruti has this strange culture of not taking minor issues into consideration. They always wait till it becomes a major issue.

Quote:
*Update Day 23_part b*

Late evening call from Nexa / MUL today. Want to meet me tomorrow with some multi disciplinary team of service, quality and technical for some discussion and final closure.

Make a list of topics that you want to discuss with these folks and pull them at every step. Tell them your pain as a "Premium" customer and what you went through. Though the lower management will not understand a word, the middle and higher management will surely take note of this.

This is a welcome step from NEXA/MUL. So make the best use of this for all fellow Maruti owners.

Last edited by prithm : 24th May 2017 at 08:33. Reason: Multiquote
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 08:37   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
malfunctioning PCV can also cause same situation. There is a video on Youtube with same symptoms of engine oil splattered all over which had faulty PCV.
Oil splatter in this case far away from the PCV valve and where it connects to in the circuit. So its not from the valve. But malfunctioning PCV valve doesn't let the engine vent the pressure and it will pop the dipstick depending on how tight the dipstick is held in place, has happened in my car twice and i changed the valve. I wouldn't be surprised if the dipstick popped in this case if oil was overfilled.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 08:42   #179

Sir, my friend's Baleno (initial sedan model) - Crankshaft broke, sheared breakage. Maruti repaired it, bearing the cost of repair themselves. They changed the camshaft.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2017 at 10:00. Reason: Poorly typed post
kitsass is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th May 2017, 08:44   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you will have some one along with you, rather than trying to fight them all by yourself. Someone who understands technical stuff can make a difference.

All the Best !
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks