Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 12:07   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember no car maker is making oil. They buy it from a vendor, rebadge it and charge a premium for it. So check on the API ratings and get a matching (or better) oil from the market.
True

This thread is only for BHPians whose cars are in warranty, or who are dependent on MASS for servicing and the MASS fills wrong grade of oil.

Referring to owner's manual for grade and API ratings and then going with the suitable premium oils, is infact the best one can do for his/her car.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 11th May 2018 at 12:08.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 12:32   #62
BHPian

Despite handing over a genuine MGO Shell 0W20 fully synthetic can of oil to the MASS where I get my car serviced, they just list it on the invoice as customer provided oil, without even mentioning that it is MGO or the exact grade/part number. They say that they will do so only for oil supplied by them - and despite multiple requests they only stock Servo semi-synth oil which is rubbish.

Will this cause issues with the warranty? I am retaining the empty can and have an invoice to prove the MGO purchase.
Old 11th May 2018, 12:52   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Despite handing over a genuine MGO Shell 0W20 fully synthetic can of oil to the MASS where I get my car serviced, they just list it on the invoice as customer provided oil, without even mentioning that it is MGO or the exact grade/part number. They say that they will do so only for oil supplied by them - and despite multiple requests they only stock Servo semi-synth oil which is rubbish.

Will this cause issues with the warranty? I am retaining the empty can and have an invoice to prove the MGO purchase.
Thanks to this nonsense, every service my car gets the useless Castrol/Servo stuff, engine turns worse than before service, I drive to my FNG switch back to Shell synthetic. To hell with their policies.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 13:02   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Let them write anything. Doesn't matter. When any engine claim happens, engine oil is the first thing Maruti checks. I know cases where dealership had billed customer for 0W20 but instead filled wrong grade oil, and this was easily identified by Maruti after checking the engine.

So just retain the invoices for your safety. That should be more than enough. My MASS writes the brand and grade of engine oil too in the Bill. For example if someone supplies Castrol Magnatec 10w40 which isn't MGO approved oil, they write in comments section: Engine oil supplied by customer, Castrol Magnatec 10w40, non MGO

Try to get this done in your bill too. Customer supplied or not, if you are sourcing genuine oil from a reputed or authorised store, you are safe. Just make them write on the Bill that the customer supplied oil was MGO of 0W20 grade and you should be fine.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 15:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks to this nonsense, every service my car gets the useless Castrol/Servo stuff, engine turns worse than before service, I drive to my FNG switch back to Shell synthetic. To hell with their policies.

I thought it's only me who is the "irritated man" in this thread with this policy, glad to know I have few chums with same anger.

I usually allow them to pour in the useless stuff during service, then drive for about 1000 klicks before shifting to brand I trust & love. I take about a litre from the drain during change in FNG & use it for general maintenance of my motorcycle parts (my daily steed) & rest I donate it to the FNG which they sell off to cab drivers & construction & oil burner companies.

But end of the day, I get what I want, car is safe, warranty in place although little heavy on pocket.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 18:02   #66
BHPian

Car: Baleno Alpha 1.2 Petrol.

I got the 3rd free service done of my Baleno. When specified to the service advisor that I need a synthetic oil, he initially asked me to go for the 5W40 oil - claimed that the engine is smoother with this.

I declined and asked him to give me a synthetic oil as per the OEM specified grade 0W20. Now, he did not know who the supplier is - Shell, Castrol or IOCL.

But when I received the invoice, the part invoiced to me is 99999MN0W20-CAS and the cost is INR 1053.38 for 3.1 Litres. Per liter cost is 339.80.

The SA also shared the picture of the barrel, which says it is a full synthetic oil. Pic attached below.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-oil.jpg

My doubts are below:

1. Is the Castrol 0W20 indeed a synthetic oil? I've read in this thread that it is a semi-synth oil.

OR

2. Since the invoice mentions 99999MN0W20-CAS, does MN signify Mineral oil?

PS: The car just feels the same. There's no renewed/noticeable smoothness after the oil change.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 11th May 2018 at 18:04.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

But when I received the invoice, the part invoiced to me is 99999MN0W20-CAS and the cost is INR 1053.38 for 3.1 Litres. Per liter cost is 339.80.

The SA also shared the picture of the barrel, which says it is a full synthetic oil. Pic attached below.

Attachment 1759814

My doubts are below:

1. Is the Castrol 0W20 indeed a synthetic oil? I've read in this thread that it is a semi-synth oil.

OR

PS: The car just feels the same. There's no renewed/noticeable smoothness after the oil change.
I am looking forward for inputs from our fellow members on this as my car has 10K service due this week. I am inclined towards fully synthetic oil but the availability of oil is really a issue.
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:03   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

I got the 3rd free service done of my Baleno. When specified to the service advisor that I need a synthetic oil, he initially asked me to go for the 5W40 oil - claimed that the engine is smoother with this.

I declined and asked him to give me a synthetic oil as per the OEM specified grade 0W20. Now, he did not know who the supplier is - Shell, Castrol or IOCL.

Attachment 1759814

My doubts are below:

OR

And it happened to me as well. I asked for Fully synthetic, the service advisor asked me to go for 5W-40 which is meant for the diesel engines. I asked to go with the recommended grade which is 0w20. Ended up with the same Castrol 0W20 which they assume is synthetic but apparently it's a mineral oil. My invoice showed '99999M00W20-CAS'.
Either they are very confused or Maruti might have instructed them to recommend 5w-40 for all customers who ask for fully synthetic irrespective of the engine types.
I am feeling bad as I was so eager for the oil change, now I need to wait for another year. Next time i am going to change to a different service center for sure.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 14:40   #69
BHPian

Took in my 2014 Ritz Diesel for the 40,000 Kms/ 4 year service last month.
Till now it was only being filled with 5W/40 Oil as specified in the manual.
1st year Petronas, 2nd year Mobil Super, 3rd year Mobil Super. All with 5W/40 viscometrics.
But this time it was filled with Servo A5/B5 5W/30. When I protested as to how they could do this, they said that this oil was also approved by Maruti for their Diesel Engines. They had a Maruti Approved Oil chart to prove their claims. Even spoke to a Maruti Representative just to be sure.
My question is that will the 30 grade oil be as robust as the 40 grade oil?
I know that they have probably chosen to use the 30 grade oil to improve Fuel efficiency. But I am more interested in reliability rather than the marginal increase in Fuel efficiency.

Is this oil good to go or should I drain it and refill it with 5W40?
Does anybody have any experience /review of the Servo A5/B5 5W30 oil?
Another question, in the New Maruti Diesels they specify A5/B5 5W30 oils, so is there a difference in the old diesel engines (where 5W/40 was recommended) compared to the New Diesel Engines (where 5W30 is recommended)? Maybe in the tolerances etc?
Or is it that just the oil viscosity was changed to improve the Fuel economy figures?
Can someone throw light on my above queries, please
Old 5th June 2018, 00:12   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
And it happened to me as well. I asked for Fully synthetic, the service advisor asked me to go for 5W-40 which is meant for the diesel engines. I asked to go with the recommended grade which is 0w20. Ended up with the same Castrol 0W20 which they assume is synthetic but apparently it's a mineral oil. My invoice showed '99999M00W20-CAS'.
Either they are very confused or Maruti might have instructed them to recommend 5w-40 for all customers who ask for fully synthetic irrespective of the engine types.
I am feeling bad as I was so eager for the oil change, now I need to wait for another year. Next time i am going to change to a different service center for sure.
There is some confusion regarding the grade of oil. In my city, whenever any petrol car owner asks for "Fully synthetic" oil, they fill 5W40 Shell Helix Ultra.

For Diesel cars, there is a 5W40 Castrol MGDO priced at around 1800 rupees.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-img20180519wa0030.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-img20180519wa0031.jpg

Offlate I am seeing another oil 5W40 Branded specially for diesels which proclaims it is Fully synthetic.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-20180530_105156.jpg

The 0W20 Shell HX8 is also Fully synthetic as per the printed information on it. This is the best option in 0W20 IMO.

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-20180530_110042.jpg

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-20180530_110048.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty91 View Post
Took in my 2014 Ritz Diesel for the 40,000 Kms/ 4 year service last month.
Till now it was only being filled with 5W/40 Oil as specified in the manual.
1st year Petronas, 2nd year Mobil Super, 3rd year Mobil Super. All with 5W/40 viscometrics.
But this time it was filled with Servo A5/B5 5W/30. When I protested as to how they could do this, they said that this oil was also approved by Maruti for their Diesel Engines. They had a Maruti Approved Oil chart to prove their claims. Even spoke to a Maruti Representative just to be sure.
My question is that will the 30 grade oil be as robust as the 40 grade oil?
I know that they have probably chosen to use the 30 grade oil to improve Fuel efficiency. But I am more interested in reliability rather than the marginal increase in Fuel efficiency.

Is this oil good to go or should I drain it and refill it with 5W40?
Does anybody have any experience /review of the Servo A5/B5 5W30 oil?
Another question, in the New Maruti Diesels they specify A5/B5 5W30 oils, so is there a difference in the old diesel engines (where 5W/40 was recommended) compared to the New Diesel Engines (where 5W30 is recommended)? Maybe in the tolerances etc?
Or is it that just the oil viscosity was changed to improve the Fuel economy figures?
Can someone throw light on my above queries, please
Stick to what's recommended in your owner's manual. Maruti has launched a 5W40 fully synthetic Diesel oil too(I don't remember seeing it earlier) which as per users is very nice.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 00:25   #71
BHPian

Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The 0W20 Shell HX8 is also Fully synthetic as per the printed information on it. This is the best option in 0W20 IMO.

The 0w20 is for petrol cars. I am told by the SA at a Nexa outlet that it is semisynthetic. I had inquired it for my Baleno and was told it would cost me 1450/- including all consumables.

Another query-

Is it possible to swap the steering wheel, instrument cluster and electronic folding mirrors of Baleno delta/zeta with a Baleno sigma?
Is there a way to find out using part number or something?
It would be of great help Sashi☺️
Trying to get genuine info but every time I ask SA, I am only taken in for sales pitch of other unnecessary accessories.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 5th June 2018 at 00:27.
Old 5th June 2018, 00:43   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
The 0w20 is for petrol cars. I am told by the SA at a Nexa outlet that it is semisynthetic. I had inquired it for my Baleno and was told it would cost me 1450/- including all consumables.

I'd rather believe what's printed on the can, than believing these SA's. On the can, it clearly says its fully synthetic.

Quote:
Another query-

Is it possible to swap the steering wheel, instrument cluster and electronic folding mirrors of Baleno delta/zeta with a Baleno sigma?
Is there a way to find out using part number or something?
It would be of great help Sashi☺️
Trying to get genuine info but every time I ask SA, I am only taken in for sales pitch of other unnecessary accessories.
It can be done, but probably won't be a straightaway fit as the BCM and other electronics are different for different variants. Giving out part numbers is the easiest task for me, but I cannot guarantee if the swap will work or not.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 05:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I'd rather believe what's printed on the can, than believing these SA's. On the can, it clearly says its fully synthetic.

I agree. I was told I would be charged 1458/- including consumables.

Quote:
It can be done, but probably won't be a straightaway fit as the BCM and other electronics are different for different variants. Giving out part numbers is the easiest task for me, but I cannot guarantee if the swap will work or not.
I understand what you are saying. How do you recommend I confirm this Sashi. Can you help and guide me please?
Old 8th June 2018, 15:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti Genuine Gear Oil[MGGO]

Attachment 1643846
Dear Shashi,

Could you please share some spec information about this particular transmission oil Shell MGGO 75W80? My Nissan Micra too rquires the same grade but the OEM oil is from Tranself and that isn't available in the open market and the same has been confirmed by Area Sales team of Total India (Elf is a brand of Total). If the specs match that I can happily go for the Shell. Also please let us know the price if possible.

Quote:
Offlate I am seeing another oil 5W40 Branded specially for diesels which proclaims it is Fully synthetic.

Attachment 1767628
Stick to what's recommended in your owner's manual. Maruti has launched a 5W40 fully synthetic Diesel oil too(I don't remember seeing it earlier) which as per users is very nice.
The Shell Helix HX8 AZ 5W40 MGDO you are referring to has been shared by you in your first post as seen below.

Quote:
Maruti Genuine Diesel Oils[MGDO]
Attachment 1643834
I guess the Helix HX8 is to Shell what Super 3000 is to Mobil and it is a fully synthetic series as per the Shell India website. https://www.shell.in/motorists/oils-...synthetic.html

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Debrup.
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 14:47   #75
BANNED

In Cochin, at all MASS'es, the per litre cost varies b/w Rs.1000 to 1250 for fully synthetic diesel oils.

Is this the right price as per Maruti?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks