Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Old 30th July 2020, 13:54   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki

Second free service of my Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT coming up. The car has run about 3700 kms so far. Will the engine oil and air filter be changed in the second service? Or should I wait for the third service for the same? Thanks!
Old 30th July 2020, 14:06   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Second free service of my Feb 2020 Swift VXi AMT coming up. The car has run about 3700 kms so far. Will the engine oil and air filter be changed in the second service? Or should I wait for the third service for the same? Thanks!
No, you have to change the oil at the third service, at 10k kms or one year of purchase which is earliest.
audioholic is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 19:54   #168
BHPian

My Maruti A-star which is Nov 2010 make is due for 70K service and I bought Shell Helix HX8 5W-30 about an year ago in Diwali sale on amazon with the intention of using this Engine oil in my car this time. The service was due in April but got postponed due to lock down. I am finally about to get my service done and when I was going through the owner manual I saw that the recommended engine oil classification is SG+, SL and SJ where as the Shell oil I have is SN Plus.
Will it be a good idea to go ahead with SN Plus oil instead of Maruti recommendation.
Old 29th August 2020, 09:15   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
My Maruti A-star which is Nov 2010 make is due for 70K service and I bought Shell Helix HX8 5W-30 about an year ago in Diwali sale on amazon with the intention of using this Engine oil in my car this time. The service was due in April but got postponed due to lock down. I am finally about to get my service done and when I was going through the owner manual I saw that the recommended engine oil classification is SG+, SL and SJ where as the Shell oil I have is SN Plus.
Will it be a good idea to go ahead with SN Plus oil instead of Maruti recommendation.
SN+ is the latest rating, and they are backwards compatible. Go ahead, Shell Helix 5W30 is my favorite for that grade.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed