Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 15:41   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Why take a risk unnecessarily? Try explaining to an irate wife why your car battery is dead after a night show :-)

Just unplug it and keep. These are all made of unknown quality stuff so avoid!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 00:55   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK72 View Post
I have a ELM Obd scanner connected to my Fiesta 1.6S, and when hooked to Torque Pro, the O2 sensor is showing 'incomplete'. Is something wrong?
Even I get the same reading on my Fiesta 1.6. So guess it's ok. Btw are you interested in comparing our respective cars data?
Old 9th October 2016, 08:15   #1293
SRT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Has anyone tried QuikrScanner?

http://www.quikr.com/cars-bikes/quikrscanner

Also can someone please let me know if Swift Vxi 2006 model came with OBD or OBD 2 port? I am planning to order this if this works with my swift.

Regards,
Vijay
I have tried quikr scanner in kwid and it works very well except an error in mileage data.
Old 9th October 2016, 11:57   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK72 View Post
I have a ELM Obd scanner connected to my Fiesta 1.6S, and when hooked to Torque Pro, the O2 sensor is showing 'incomplete'. Is something wrong?
That's because the testing for the lambda sensor is not complete. Start and drive around while with the car warms up. Say 10kms later, without switching off the car even once, check the reading. It should read as completed.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:27   #1295
BHPian

I came across this scanner today that is said to be compatible with old Maruti Suzuki, Tata and Mahindra cars. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:27   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
I came across this scanner today that is said to be compatible with old Maruti Suzuki, Tata and Mahindra cars. Has anyone tried it yet?
I was told the previous generation DDiS Swift was using a non-standard protocol and won't work with ELM devices. I ordered something from aliexpress few months back and found that it won't work with my car. However, took another risk and ordered this one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with Torque pro!

Car Make : Swift 1.3 DDiS 2010

http://www.amazon.in/Android-Torque-...ilpage_o03_s00
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:06   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I was told the previous generation DDiS Swift was using a non-standard protocol and won't work with ELM devices. I ordered something from aliexpress few months back and found that it won't work with my car. However, took another risk and ordered this one from Amazon and it worked perfectly with Torque pro!

Car Make : Swift 1.3 DDiS 2010

http://www.amazon.in/Android-Torque-...ilpage_o03_s00
Swift 2010 is 50/50 chance . Before 2010 is 0 chance, post 2010 is 100 chance of working.

Best you try your ELM with Before 2010 swift and confirm it really works on previous generation swift DDiS.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:21   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Swift 2010 is 50/50 chance . Before 2010 is 0 chance, post 2010 is 100 chance of working.

Best you try your ELM with Before 2010 swift and confirm it really works on previous generation swift DDiS.
I don't have any pre-2010 Swift D's around to check this. Mine is May 2010 make and BS IV. However, I can confirm that it was not working with v1.5 ELM hardware but works with v2.1 Anyone with a Swift in and around Kochi (City area) are always welcome to check it out before buying.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 22nd October 2016 at 11:23.
Old 24th October 2016, 10:31   #1299
BHPian

I am looking for something very primitive. Something that'll work with the non standard protocol of an old Alto LX 2004. The port is there so I want to try and see what information it gets me.
Old 25th November 2016, 10:53   #1300
BHPian

Guys can you pls help/guide me, I have plugged the device and it is showing paired in Bluetooth but I am still receiving this error on the torque app.
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-screenshot_20161125093028.png
Old 25th November 2016, 12:40   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
I have plugged the device and it is showing paired in Bluetooth but I am still receiving this error on the torque app.
In torque app, navigate to 'Settings-OBD2 adapter settings-choose bluetooth device' and then select your paired device.
After this, remove adapter, kill torque app & plug back bluetooth device & then try connecting in Torque app.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 14:05   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
In torque app, navigate to 'Settings-OBD2 adapter settings-choose bluetooth device' and then select your paired device.
After this, remove adapter, kill torque app & plug back bluetooth device & then try connecting in Torque app.
Thanks it worked. Thanks again for the quick reply, such a simple step to miss.
Old 28th November 2016, 10:44   #1303
BHPian

During my last ZEN service I saw a board put up with car details, It also has each model OBD DETAILS

Please check out the image, it has model and VIN series which is OBDII

ADMIN: can you make this sticky, many people have confusion if their maruti car is OBDI or OBDII
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-maruti-obd-list.jpg  

devrajman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 00:45   #1304
BHPian

Sorry for a long post. I have tried to shorten it as much as possible.

Recently my 2013 WagonR faced unstable idling rpms and engine stalling at low rpms due to the weak idling.
The vibrations at idling had also become very high.The idle rpm was around 700-720 without A/C and with A/C it was in the 750 -800 range.
So I showed the issue to MASS and they told that the throttle body needs to be cleaned.

After cleaning the throttle body and resetting the ECU, now the engine stalling issue has been solved.
The idling rpm also seems to have improved and become more stable according to the idling engine note.
Everything appears to be ok, and the car is running smooth and fine as before but there are 2 things that I am concerned.

1) When I checked using torque pro app, the rpm still shows 720, which is the old rpm itself but the engine stalling and severe vibrations are not there now.
On listening to the engine sound too,the rpm seems to be normal and stable now, but reading shows it at 720 itself.
So is it normal for K10B engine to have idling rpm at 720? When I asked,the MASS people told that it should be around 950.

2) Now in torque app, at idling, without any throttle input,I see the throttle position as 16.1%.
I don't remember what it was showing previously.Shouldn't it be showing zero with no throttle input?
Also, the maximum depressed throttle position is somewhere around 85% only and not 100%.Is that also what is expected normally?
I don't remember what these readings were before giving the car for service,so can't decide whether it is normal.

So does this mean that now my throttle cable is depressed slightly even when the throttle is not being applied at all? Or is there something that I have missed?
Does the throttle position at idling show a non-zero value for other cars too or should it show zero itself for all cars at idling?
Those who know these details, please share your knowledge.

In-spite of this 16%,I can't feel any change in the throttle pedal feel or travel and everything is fine as it was like before.
I am only concerned after seeing these readings in torque app.

Due to this doubt,sometimes I feel that the MASS guys have adjusted the throttle position screw slightly as a quick work-around to improve my weak idling rpm.
I understand that is not the way to increase rpm in Fuel-injected cars since whatever we do, it is the ECU which decides the idling rpm.
But in some online forums, I read someone advising a WagonR owner to try adjusting that screw to increase the rpm.
So after reading that, I also started to doubt whether the Maruti service center guys would have done the same to my car.
Or while cleaning the throttle-body,they would have removed/refitted the throttle-position sensor incorrectly.

Many such doubts are there now, but can't find correct answers.So please help.
Old 11th January 2017, 07:02   #1305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
So is it normal for K10B engine to have idling rpm at 720? When I asked,the MASS people told that it should be around 950.
What does the owners manual say?

Quote:
2) Now in torque app, at idling, without any throttle input,I see the throttle position as 16.1%?
Here's the image of my Swift ZDi accelerator position.

Engine off and accelerator pedal not pressed
Name:  ForumRunner_20170111_070030.png
Views: 2309
Size:  300.9 KB

Link to my thread with some more images

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3338199

Quote:
Also, the maximum depressed throttle position is somewhere around 85% only and not 100%?
Engine off but accelerator pressed fully
Name:  ForumRunner_20170111_070037.png
Views: 2180
Size:  298.1 KB

Quote:
So does this mean that now my throttle cable is depressed slightly even when the throttle is not being applied at all?
Here's some information from Torque App forums on "Throttle Position"

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Throttle_Position
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks