Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2023, 10:07   #211
BHPian

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2014 Honda City iDTEC. Bought used in 2017 when the odo was at 35k Kms and ran 160k Kms till date (125k Kms has been run by us). Here are the problems I faced before rectifying them:

1. ABS modulator went kaput- Was told by the dealer that it'll cost around ₹35k. Will have to replace it soon

2. AC blower motor gave up- Got it changed during 120k Kms in 2021-end as the AC wasn't cooling properly despite AC gas being full

3. Engine and gearbox mountings- Felt some vibrations while starting the car. Got it fixed during last service a month ago and also gear changing felt bit hard, which resulted in replacing gearbox mountings

4. Crank oil seal- Oil was leaking a bit from crankshaft and got it replaced during 140k Kms service in Dec 2022

5. Timing kit is due for replacement- Although the car is running smooth, decided to get it done as a preventive maintenance during next service considering that the car has run more than lac and a half Kms. Getting the oil sump replaced as well as the part of preventive maintenance

6. Hard clutch- This is a known issue in Honda iDTEC engines. Got the first set replaced during 70k Kms service and present set is still running strong at 90k Kms (got it replaced in 2019). Since I felt the clutch bit hard last year, got the clutch bleeding done during 140k Kms service in Dec 2022 and its smooth as ever. I don't think I'd be needing clutch replacement in another 15-20k Kms

7. Driver outside door handle got jammed- Got it replaced in Jan 2023 due to its age

7. Window beadings and door beadings need replacement as they got hardened due to its age

8. Check engine light came on when the battery gave up due to which pickup was lost a couple of weeks ago and when I got the battery replaced, my Honda ASC had cleaned up the sensor, which caused CEL. Since then, the car is running smoothly

9. Changed the ignition key set in 2019 as it became harder to start the car

Other than that, the car is running flawlessly except that ABS module issue, which I've been planning to replace since ages. Recently, got the tyres replaced (already ran 4000 Kms in a month) as well as battery as it was showing signs of age and got the whole car restored by getting the dents repaired and the whole car was repainted and got the taillights and headlights replaced as well as it was started fading. Also, I got the whole suspension overhauled including new steering rack and brake discs along with pads almost an year and 25k Kms ago and got the new engine underbody protection installed as well as it was in crippled condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks