Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 21:49   #136

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2014 Hyundai Elantra crdi AT @87k kms;
AC vent tabs broken, OE struts due for replacement. No other niggles or rattles.
delta1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 21:52   #137
BHPian

2019 Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7 AT @ 35,000 kms:
Speakers: Got the speakers upgraded in 2020 but they were never upto the mark. I want to take the car to a good audio shop but never able to plan as it's with my dad most of the times.
Other work: Interior detailing is needed. The car is due for a service, and probably needs new set of brake pads.

2019 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 CVT @ 18,000 kms:
No serious issues.
Other work: Car will be due for a service in 3,000 kms. There are some rattles from the drivers door and the parcel tray when music is turned loud.

2022 Volkswagen Taigun 1.0 MT @ 4,000 kms:
No issues.
Other work: Retrofit power-folding ORVMs, change to wind-tone horns and change the rear windshield wiper (if possible). Also, waiting for VW to do a recall for the AC issues.
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:10   #138

2013 Ertiga VXI @ 81500 kms
  • Squeaky sound from steering. Mostly occurs when car has been parked in the sun. SA and fng says steering bush is issue.
  • Horn Pad rattling. Was removed to grease the steering
    for the squeaking noise
  • Rattling from somewhere near front driver side. Suspect the hood prop is rattling
  • Weak water spray from one of the spray nozzles
  • When parked for a day or more, the brakes apply very urgently. Pumping the brakes few times solves this
  • Central locking doesn't beep when unlocking the car, only when locking it
  • Major service pending. All fluids, spark plugs, all filters to be changed. Belts to be checked. Alternator belt was changed when alternator failed a few months ago

Last edited by Mumbgamer : 17th May 2022 at 22:28. Reason: Added item, reordered, added kms
Mumbgamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:13   #139
BHPian

Isuzu v cross- the batteries are now closer to their replacement and so are the brake pads. The car is in great shape otherwise

Mm550- the left mirror needs to be fixed back, after the contant rubs with the fire extinguisher in my already tight parking lot

Pulser 150- unfortunately garaged since 2 yrs due to a jammed front disc and my tight schedule. May have another of electrical issues till now

Currently am in Pondycherry at my sisters place and 3 cars at my disposal due to their absence
Tata nano- unfortunately so much wrong with the car that does not seem to be a financially wise decision to fix it. It went to the authorised service centre to fix out the excess rattling and came back with even more

Kwid- the car is in great shape and nothing I guess is wrong.

Swift 2011- this is one abused car with almost 140000 on it. It has gone for a suspension change, a timing belt , tensioner bearing, 2 tyres minimum and some body work. Currently it has run up a bill of 49k and tyres and some basic accessories still to be done.

Ktm 390 adv- may need a brake pad change after another 3k
chef-de-jeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:18   #140
Senior - BHPian

2004 Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.6 @ 1,70,000 kms:

My 18 year old Baleno's central locking system finally gave up. I am not so keen in fixing it as it is now a big bundle of wiring underneath the steering column. I am afraid if that is touched it might mess up something else. Trying to live with it for the next 2 years and see if I have any plans to re-re-register the car.
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:44   #141
Team-BHP Support

2013 Chevrolet Sail Uva : Approx 93,000

• The volume button behaves erratically. It sometimes does what I want but if I have company, it almost always does the opposite. Not much of an issue as it always resets to 15 when car is switched on and I am comfortable with that volume setting.
  • Some creaks and rattles but they don't bother me and I have no intentions to fix them.
  • The front driver side power window regulator is about to break and I have ordered a replacement part. It makes a "katack" kinda sound when going up and down. Will be mostly fixed this month.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:44   #142

2020 EcoSport Diesel (25K Kms):-

- Multiple scratches on the bumpers and ORVMs.
- One of the twin tone Horns doesn't work when it rains.
- Noisy rear wiper motor.

2008 WagonR (1.2L Kms):-

- AC not working. Compressor turns on but the fan doesn't work.
- Lost front mud guards. Couldn't find proper replacement at local service center. They have the thin flaps in stock but not the original box type ones (not sure how it is called).
- Aftermarket seat covers are worn out.
- Multiple scratches on the bumpers.
- Faded headlights.

All issues will be taken care in the coming months as the registration needs to be renewed next year.

2014 Yamaha FZ-S (23K Kms):-

- Rust on multiple areas.
- Indicator switches doesn't work sometimes.
- Faded switch-gears.
- Leaking front suspension.
- Front tyre needs replacement.

Need fix everything soon. Usage is really low since last few years. Actually the fuel in the tank was filled more than a year ago!
dennisjs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:46   #143
BHPian

Etios diesel @ 80k kms..
I recently changed all four suspension when the front right side completely went off. With spares, service including GST i got a bill of 15k. But I am yet to change my clutch and finally the brakes have started to shudder when I try to apply beyond 80kmph. Needs the first replacement. Will be going for 80k kms service by end of May.

But one thing that keeps misaligned or broken off is the rear bumper. The SA mentioned that the clips are not designed to hold well and when you cross at decent speeds on any large speed breaker or potHole or a hit from back will get the clips to break. I am just thinking to reach out to any local FNG and look for a fix.

Also the front right side fog lamp's bulb ia getting started to fuse off. In last 8k kms or so I have changed it twice. Will ask for a permanent solve this time during the 80k service.

Last edited by Balaji31582 : 17th May 2022 at 22:49. Reason: Added fog lamp issue
Balaji31582 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 23:10   #144
BHPian

i10 60K Km & 12 years old. I have not fixed below issues because it’s a beater car.
1) The EPS has become very hard. I am using it as is because it’s expensive to fix.
2) The boot door structs doesn’t hold anymore. I hold it with one hand and sometimes I use my head to hold the door. Thank god Hyundai doors are feather light!
3) The car charger port stopped working 5 years back.
4) The headlight leveller stopped working 3 years back.
GoCool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 23:17   #145
BHPian

2015 Hyundai Verna - 48900 kms. 7 year old. Looks perfect from outside, but I know that there are a few things missing inside.

1. Both ORVMs do not close on pressing the button (this model never had auto folding ORVM). Looks like motor went kaput on both. Right one has been so for over 4 years, left one happened a few months back. I'm not used to closing the mirrors during parking. So never bothered to get it repaired.

2. A miniscule stone chip on the centre of the front windshield. Got it in the first year of ownership. Crack hasn't expanded or changed shape over the last 6 years. So left it as it is.

3. A small plastic tab to move the direction of the right side (driver side) AC vent has broken a couple of months back. It still does its job with minor adjustments - so left as is.

4. One of the buttons on the steering control ; the one to skip tracks behaves erratically. Instead of skipping track, it changes the mode from USB to FM and so on. Service advisor was too lazy to sort it out and said that it will cost a lot - so left as is.

5. Wipers due for replacement - during last service, the advisor suggested to wait till end of May so that the new ones don't turn brittle again due to the summer heat.

6. All minor scratches were recently rectified at a cost of Rs. 4000.

2018 Grand i10 - 14000 kms

Minor scrapes and scratches all around the body courtesy driver - repaired all of it last week cost Rs 6000.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 23:35   #146

2010 Alto K10 @76k -
- headlights fogged up
- wheel balancing required
- denting pending
- clutch tight
- a.c. making noise

2012 Wagon R @48k
- tyres too old

2010- Bajaj pulsar 135
- disc brake needs replacing
- chain kit required
- suspension hard
- wobbles at 50
- taillight needs fixing
- new battery required
NavtejS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 00:31   #147
BHPian

2019 Mahindra XUV500- (~45k kms)

-One of the horn not working in the twin tones. Almost
sounds like a train horn.
-Rear left seatbelt holder is broken due to which the
seatbelt rattles, needs replacement.
-The locking system of the driver door is acting
up. With the lock button pressed, all the doors lock
except the driver side door. This happens 9 out of 10
times. If it somehow locks, then it won't unlock even if
all other doors are unlocked. Currently using the
manual key.
-Rattling boot door. It only appears after a long drive.
This issue was pointed out during the last service and
it has only increased after that.
-Lots of minor scratches on the exterior, should be
gone with a proper detailing session.

Fortunately, there aren't any other squeaks or rattles (touchwood) and is mechanically perfect.

Last edited by DIV17 : 18th May 2022 at 00:46.
DIV17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 00:39   #148
BHPian

2010 Toyota Fortuner
Play in the LHS inner ball joint. Service advisor advised me to change both the LHS and RHS at one time and this will be changed around June/July

Battery acid leak in the engine bay, which has spattered over the Battery holder and a very small portion of the chassis underneath. Will get this sorted with my denter/painter

But otherwise, 12 years old but still feels fresh out of the factory
KK2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 00:44   #149

VW Ameo TDi 1.5 2016 - Trendline (i.e., base variant)

1. One of the A/C vent has been broken for ages. 2 others have lost their stability (if it can be termed so). To put it simply, like the layman I am, 2 of the A/C vents don’t retain their vertical position and slump down. Have not complained about this at the ASC during the last 4-5 visits.

2. A/C does not feel effective like it did when it was new. Some background though, I got this car from Hyd where, I felt it was adequate on good days (i.e., not one of those 49 or 50 plus degrees days) to Delhi (now its 49 degrees at Delhi). Haven't gotten it checked because my annual service was done recently and I am anyways averse to excessively cold air.

3. Sorry, A/C again. Condensation/ water droplets form above the dash when the A/C does work. To the point that its wet if you touch it. Particularly, above the airbag lining for some reason. Didn't get this checked because I didn't think it was very significant + I use the A/C less. Should I though? Please advise.

4. Front passenger seat will rattle at high speed (over road undulations) if it is not pulled all the way back.

5 Handbrake slides onto the button - Instead of the button going in. Have to hold it and press the button in a specific way to make it workable.
Attorviator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 01:09   #150
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Dzire Vxi Petrol 2009- 160570km

1. Wheel Alignment issue with the car biased towards Right hand side.
2. A humming sound from the engine which comes in tandem with the engines rpm. This cropped up a couple of days back and needs an inspection.
3. 2 tyres were replaced just 30k km back when one of the front tyres gave up. The other 2 are 50k old. Since it is our beater car, alternating the tyres to ensure all of them wear out together such that all 4 can be replaced simultaneously.

4. Battery is 5 years old and will need a replacement anytime soon.

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Delta Petrol 2019 - 37172km

1. The whole car judders when decelerating rapidly from speeds above 100. Replaced both the disc rotters and pads at 35k but the issue persists albeit a lot more tolerable.

2. A rattle from the driver side Aircon vent, service advisor says the rattle will not go away even when the fitment is replaced.

TVS Apache RTR 180 2011 - 105671KM

1. Terrible missing for the first 1 km when cold starting, replaced carburettor but the issue persists. Mechanic says condensation in the carb.

Last edited by Jessierider : 18th May 2022 at 01:13. Reason: Forgot to add the year of procurement
Jessierider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed