Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 16:49   #46
BHPian

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2003 MITSUBISHI PAJERO GLX (CBU) - 2,95,500 KMS

Awesome build & seems good to go for another 2L km.

The niggles that exist now are:

1. AC Vent Grill has breakage. Will need to source it.
2. Double DIN Kenwood (After-market) fuse acts funny, and some-day automatically self corrects. Unable to figure out the issue, but I guess it has a self healing mechanism like the Predator!
3. Right ORVM adjuster connection went faulty. Yet to figure the solution.
4. Had an issue with wheel nuts breaking. Did a full set replacement and the issue has been resolved.

.. and boy, getting hold of the 265/70R15 tyres was getting difficult till recently. Now with the new Apollo Apterra AT2s, the issue seems resolved. A new set coming up.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 17:21   #47
BHPian

2013 Skoda Superb 1.8 MT- 45K kms

The car has been getting serviced annually with all the preventive maintenance taken care of so thankfully there hasn't been a single maintenance bomb to date. There are however some minuscule imperfections present such as-

A while back, the sunroof didn't close properly and kept itself in the tilt position no matter what I did, I took it to the Service Center and got a temporary fix where the Mechanic somehow managed to close the glass shut and I haven't opened the sunroof since. I plan on getting it rectified from an FNG once the weather is pleasant and when using a sunroof will be viable.

Apart from this, the cupholder cover has a small crack in it, it works perfectly fine but the perfectionist part of me gets bothered every time I look at it.
2 of the alloys have the center logo cap missing and I inquired at the Service Center and they gave me a quote of 1000 per side so it's fair to say that getting the caps are no longer on my priority list anymore. The headlight washers also have to be re-adjusted to aim and spray on the headlight themselves instead of spraying all over the bonnet and road, it is something I'll try to fix myself whenever I get the knowledge and time.

Apart from this, thankfully the car runs like it's new and hasn't given us any problems in the past as well. I do plan on giving it a refresh like an exterior and interior detail as the car is now 9 years old and it could do with some minor touch-ups.

2017 Honda City ZX CVT - 53K km

The car has been running perfectly fine and has been relatively trouble-free although it does have its fair share of niggles that have constantly bothered us.

There have always been 2 to 3 annoying creaks and squeaks in the interior and it's nearly impossible to determine the source. Only one rattle has been rectified so far and it was from the top of the gauge cluster. The infotainment screen had failed on us a week before the warranty ended so thankfully we were able to get the replacement for free but it took us 10 months to finally replace it. The driver's side floor mat had been thrown out because the quality was so poor that after constant usage, the heel dug through a big hole in it.

At the moment, the car is nearly 5 years old and it mainly has 2 issues. Replacing the tires, the car has run more than 50k km and the road noise has become unbearable, and driving at highway speeds does seem slightly scarier than before. Members can chime in and recommend a good upgrade, we currently have our eyes on 195/55 R16 Michelin Primacy 4.
Apart from this, the exhaust hanger has come loose and it rattles a lot whenever the car is at a standstill, we're currently waiting for the Service Center to have the appropriate parts to rectify this.

2020 Polo TSI HL+ AT- 9K km

The car hasn't given us any issues but there have 2 things that are minor and will get rectified soon. One is the FR mudflap has come loose as it once was dragged against a ditch. The other is the passenger side AC vent, my mom accidentally broke one of the rods which can be barely noticed by pushing the air freshener in too harshly.
GaryTSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
2010 Corolla Altis, oDo @ 125,000 kilometers.
2. There is a baby rattlesnake in the rear parcel tray which is a simple 20 minutes / 100/- fix but is pending since a long time.
I'm sorry because I know this is a typo, but

digitalnirvana is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

2016 Scross 1.3 Zeta @ 118k on the odo.

1. Driver door request sensor not working, I just use the keyfob or unlock by pressing the door request sensor button on the boot.
2. Rear hatch strut seems to have lost its gas and it sometimes will fall on your back, so you have to keep a hand on the hatch when retrieving items from the boot. This is scheduled for replacement in the next service.
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:57   #50
BHPian

2013 VW Vento 1.6 MPI with 92k on the odo - Front AC directional louvre broken; front left door rattles

2020 VW Polo GT TSI 1.0 with 13k on the odo - No issues

2021 Audi A4 with 8k on the odo - occasional faint and multi-point rattles in the cabin. Multiple diagnosis and warranty replacements of trims is done, but problem persists.
ostreichwein is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 00:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i with 98,000 miles:
  • AC does not work. But it's a convertible so don't really need it.
  • Passenger side power seat does not work. It is stuck at the farthest position.
amitoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 03:47   #52
Team-BHP Support

2010 Mitsubishi Pajero - 237,000 kms

Manual fuel pump in the engine bay isn't working as it should. My FNG said as long as i ensure i don't go low on fuel i may never need to use it, but i should considering it's a diesel and i may need to prime it should the need arise.

Otherwise, it's perfect and all set for many more years and kms of driving and going offroad.
benbsb29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 05:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadnomad View Post
2013 Honda Amaze Diesel(95k KM done)

- There is no clicking sound whenever I put on the indicators. Honda ASS has no clue what's wrong. They just say "an entire assembly" costing around 35,000 has to be changed to resolve this issue. They will not say what's the name of this assembly. Have been living with this issue for about 40k or so KMs. The downside is, I have to remember to turn off the indicator after changing lanes, etc.
Get a small beeper (used on two-wheelers, but you can get tinier ones like those in kitchen timers etc) that has a very low power draw connected to your dashboard indicator lamp. A hobbyist would probably be able to give you better solutions - maybe even recommend something that "clicks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Seems trivial but for me this has become a persistent case of bad luck.

On those odd days, when I delay in getting a tag because of other commitments or hospital hectic schedule, exactly that day the wheel cap has to fall off without my knowledge. Exactly that day !!

A 100-pack of tags from Amazon permanently in your boot should help. Maybe duct tape a few to the inside each hubcap. (I do this with spare fuses etc, that come with some equipment, so I don't have to search - if only I could do the same with those silicone earpieces they give you with earphones...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
In my car, thankfully nothing is broken that much. There is just this issue of fog on the edges of the windshield when AC is turned on, probably due to improperly refixing the dashboard after an ICE upgrade.

Also, a slight issue is there, the gear shift from 4th to 5th is rough, sometimes, when I try to shift to 5th, the lever gets a bit rough, and needs some force to put it to 5th, but very occasionally. I don't know how big of an issue it is, I think it's fine since there is no gearbox light on.
You didn't mention which car, but Google tells me you have a Dzire
Gearshift can be easily adjusted, ask your MASS.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th May 2022 at 06:13. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:14   #54
BHPian

2015 i20 Elite Diesel
Mechanically the car has been bulletproof so far. Never left me stranded. Some of the backlights on the buttons of infotainment system have stopped working since the past couple of years. I requested the ASC guys to check it can be sorted in the last yearly service, don't know what they did, the backlight of two more buttons stopped working . Left it alone from then.
NirmalK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:24   #55
BHPian

I have an Ertiga Petrol (2014). Car is in perfect shape mechanically and recently got new shoes - continental UC6 in stock size.

Except! This ABS error that comes on while driving everytime but goes away on every restart.
I've been very lazy to go and get it checked but other than this, everything works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?-20211106_143523.jpg  

Doonite is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 07:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

After more than twelve years, the reverse indicator beeper of my Alto has stopped working for the past four months. Too lazy to get it fixed, may be they will notice and fix it during the next service. I am wondering whether I need it at all.
Gansan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:50   #57
BHPian

Got an used Elantra 2016( driven 30k kms) - Boost leak, front door adjustment is off, bumper clips is loose , getting poor mileage have to get that checked too.
TechSavvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

2018 Suzuki S-Cross - 76000 km

1. Front suspension needs work. Will be done with 90K service.
2. Clutch plate would need to be replaced at 90K. Get a 4-3 shifting problem first few shifts of the day and then disappears.
3. Struggle to engage reverse. I move a few inches forward and try, its all smooth. This has been there since day 1. More of a behavior than a problem.
4. Rear parcel tray rattle is a feature.
5. Occasional strange suspension noise on rear left when going on uneven roads. Very hard to nail this.
6. Infamous glow plug conking off. Kept me company from 28K to 63K. Hasn't popped up since plugs and control module were replaced.
narayans80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:00   #59
BHPian

2016 Ford Ecosport tdci Titnium :
1. Voice command button on steering wheel broke due to impact. Ford service didn’t have it so ordered one from boodmo but yet to install.
2. One of the dual horns sounds very rarely. Battery was changed recently so I wonder what’s the issue.
gatsby_great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:22   #60
BHPian

2010 Chevrolet Beat LT:
Fuel pump has been making whistling noises since 4-5 years. Replaced a week ago,hence posting.
Car might need a full clutch overhaul after roughly 10k km. Our mech reported the clutch to be abnormally hard.
Front discs might need replacement in 10k km.
Odometer:67xxx km
Right side window beading replaced, but not fitted properly. Looks broken but works fine.
Left side window beading needs replacement. Power windows just dont work in a fast manner. They take their own sweet time to roll up completely.

Last edited by saikishor : 17th May 2022 at 09:23.
saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks