Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 12:58   #91
BHPian

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2017 Hyundai Verna SX AT - Done 56,700 kms

1. ABS sensor not working. Second time that the light has popped up. Got one sensor replaced under warranty last year. Will get this one looked at when the car goes for its annual service in June.
2. Cracked ORVM cover along with LED strip - Mirror works fine otherwise. Mis-judged a pillar while reversing. HASS quoted Rs 5K odd for the whole unit replacement. Hence not getting it changed.
3. Meek alarm tone while locking & un-locking vehicle - the blaring tone has become very meek sounding. This has started after a accident repair of the front bumper, fender, headlight unit from the HASS. Its not a battery issue - other sounds work fine and car starts at half a crank. Will get it checked during service.

2019 RE Interceptor - Done 15,200 kms

1. Rear brake master cylinder leakage - Part not available at local ASS. Hence riding very cautiously. Part should be here today.
ThePatientMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:58   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Zen-2002- Air conditioner and a couple of power windows not working as of now. The AC should be a minor issue in all likelihood, but one of the power windows needs some real proper adjustment by a skilled guy. Some rattles as expected from a 20 year old car and particularly Maruti. But Engine as good as new.

Honda Civic-2007- Done 83K kms. Everything is perfect. Normal wear & tear of suspension. But Govt. says scrap the vehicle
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:00   #93
BHPian

2020 Hyundai Venue Turbo Petrol MT - Noise from steering rack and a weird feeling while making u-turns. The car has done 15000km and in warranty so it should be sorted soon.

2021 Mazda 3 MT - Zero issues, true blue Japanese car.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:01   #94
ike
BHPian

2017 Maruti S cross 1.3 Zeta with 73k on the odo.
  • The boot struts have become weak, still holds the rear hatch up but will need to replaced.
  • Still on stock rear pads, I expect that to be changed during 80k service.
  • Rear parcel tray is rattling.
  • Very low running in the last couple of months, looks like she will go for servicing based on the time elapsed rather than KMS covered for the first time during ownership.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:04   #95

2016 Hyundai Creta petrol auto- approx 50000 kms

Has been very reliable vehicle and pretty comfortable too. As for few irritants:

AC is not cooling the cabin as it used to, will get it checked soon

Infotainment screen has some gumming left due to my mistake of not removing protective film that comes with a new vehicle (middle class habits). Now most of the screen is not visible in sunlight which is inconvenient when using back camera, suggest some solution for it?

Replaced all 4 tyres past week as they were showing signs of bulging from side wall and showing age.

Seat covers (not company fitted) look and feel old, decided to live with them for now. Minor dents and scratches.

Love the car otherwise for its comfort factor.
bednbath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:04   #96

2019 Honda Amaze
Weird squeaking sound coming when clutch is depressed. The same issue arises every 6 months and have to take the car to Honda service centre which is 20 kms away from my place.
The local service centre guys can't fix the issue.
Honda service center tells this issue arises in every Honda manual transmission car.
Raghav_Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:05   #97
BHPian

2007 Maruti Versa; 87K kms run-

a. Visit to mechanic in April, he said the clutch is on its way out and needs to be replaced, we have also noticed that the clutch slips sometimes as the revs go up and the car does not move for a few secs even after releasing the pedal.
b. 3 out of 4 speakers do not work, Panasonic set with coaxials in the rear and tweeters up front, only left tweeter works
c. Major electrical problems mainly due to age, the headlights and tail lights go out pretty often and we give them a slight tap which makes them work again or sometimes doesn't.
d. Front left fog light does not work, do not know the reason, may as well be wiring issues.

2009 Honda Civic; 77K kms run(I hope)-

a. Engine mount went kaput exactly a week after we returned from the mechanics place after repainting and service.
b. Stock HU CD player does not work, do not know what to do about that
c. Sometimes, while cranking the car there's a grinding noise from the starter, does not happen too frequently
d. We have spacers installed on all four sides, the car kind of tilts unevenly towards the right front side, don't know if it is because of the engine mount that has completely failed or it is a wheel/suspension problem.
e. Tyres are on its way out, the car came with Duraturn(do not know this company) Mozzo 4S, 195/60 R15(again, do not know why it was downsized)
CzechItaliaMoto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:18   #98
bht
BHPian

2014 110ps Duster adventure RXL, 73k run:

Knob to change the AC inlet direction, that is fresh air or recirculate mode is broken and stuck in recirculate position. Haven't bothered to fix it since i use recirculate mode always, fresh air mode tends to suck up the debris causing blower to jam, happened twice.
bht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:27   #99

2012 Volkswagen Vento Diesel, 100K Done:

1. Fuel Injector gone kaput for the 5th time. Wondering if i should repair or replace the
same. Repaired all injectors already once.
2. ABS sensor gone for the nth time. Started to ignore the warning.
3. Front left Speaker started to Crackle.

Once Fuel Injector issue is fixed, car would run like New.

2016 Mahindra XUV 500 W6, 77K Done:

1. Front right Power window motor gone, will get fixed in next service.
AutomobFan30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:30   #100
BHPian

Tata Hexa XTA 2017 October - Bought used in Sept 2021 and driven total 30k as on day and 7.5k after buying. Front left and right AC vents are broken. Center rear ac vents broken. The car was installed with TPMS provided by Tata, however is was not working when I bought the vehicle. There is a rattle from the passenger side rear door which cannot be identified. I have learnt to ignore the this. Just gave the vehicle to a trusted FNG for the annual service, however he could not source the AC vents. Got LEDs installed in low beam but yet find the lights inefficient on highways. About TPMS I am not sure where to get the same repaired or removed. Will appreciate inputs.

VW Ameo 1.5 DSG 2018 December - Bought new and got extended warranty for 6 years for peace of mind considering the DSG box. It is driven 28k till date. I have a big issue of soiled seats. They are fabric and beige color, even water marks stain the seats. Where can I get good leather seats done?

Honda Brio V Manual 2015 Oct - Car is used only for city runabouts and driven approx. 25k. The car is doing well, however the suspension will need an overhaul. Interior roof light bulb and one rear light bulb fused and needs replacement.
BHPjunkie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:58   #101
Senior - BHPian

2015 4WD Scorpio 70k on the odo : Bonnet struts are weak at the knees. Bonnet has a tendency to fall over one's head - so don't stick your head in there. Will get it fixed next week in 70k service.

2019 Toyota Glanza 8k on the odo : Android Auto is iffy . Randomly freezes when driving. Only option is to turn off the engine, wait a few minutes, turn on again and voila! Haven't reported to Toyota yet - not sure if I can reproduce the problem there.
Old 17th May 2022, 14:07   #102

Wagon R Vxi 2017 : 39825 kms : Front windscreen cracked. Sending for repair over the weekend as school holidays have begun.

City Vth Gen 2021 : 21388 kms : subwoofer wiring clip has come off, side door beading of passenger door behind driver doesnt like to stay in place. Will get it fixed next week if my brother hands me the vehicle, have my seat cover guy next to the factory, he will set both things right.

Scross 1.6 2016: 122000 kms : CEL/ MAF SENSOR / CC MODULE / MASTER CYLINDER FOR CLUTCH/ READ BRAKE PADS / COOLING COIL / FRONT CENTER ARMREST CLIP / NEW BATTERY FOR KEYFOB. Those guys at Cars24 have passed my claim. Should be recieving around 25% of the claimed amt of 35k to start this work by weekend, rest as work is completed.
Thekalacoatwala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 14:22   #103
BHPian

2006 Baleno VXi (82k Kms)- Currently pending issues
1. Starting issues, cranks as per its own desire. replaced battery too and checked electricals. Unable to find root cause.
2. Headlight - Replaced with new as the old ones were aged and good for nothing. Now, issue is on the reflection. Got the headlight focusing done too.
3. Music system- OE Kenwood gave up. Got a local branded headunit installed and that too is behaving on its own.

2016 Fiat Punto Evo (55K kms)- Currently pending issues
1. Left door(back) window regulator machine has gone kaput. Pending for replacement
2. Boot open alarm even when the boot is closed properly. (probably rat bite)
3. Rear wiper water spray not working. (probably rat bite)
4. A big crack has appeared on the dashboard (passenger side) and the remaining portion is buldged.
5. Rear parcel tray broken.
6. Left Tail light illumination acts crazy sometimes. (had replaced the Tail lamp unit once).
7. Rattles on rear doors and dashboard(glove box).

Recent issues that were solved;
1. Both my cars were constantly under attack by rats. Got a thick rat mesh installed at both front and back. Now the menace has considerably reduced.
2. Punto`s Stock ICE- Blue & Me stopped working, FM changing channels randomly on its own. Replaced with a Android HU and its much better now.
3. Replaced Clutch assembly kit
Old 17th May 2022, 14:37   #104
BHPian

Vitara Brezza 2019 (Diesel)
Right side reverse light enclosure has a long crack because of a charged up cyclist who decided to jump a red signal near Ulsoor police station. I have kind of fixed it with this.
Attached Images

Old 17th May 2022, 14:47   #105
BHPian

Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi - 2014 March - 1,10,000kms
  1. Creaking noise on even small humps and on road undulations. Been getting this since my drive to Delhi from Bangalore last month - Weak lower arm as per the SA. Service due in Chennai next week and will be fixed
  2. Broken AC vents. Fixed recently (last year) and the new ones are broken again
  3. Fogging headlights - happening since I went for after market HID. Need to fix it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks