Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 09:22   #61
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

Ford Figo 1.4Tdci Titanium- 73xxxKms
Accelerator's PCM sensor failure, the repairs are setting me back over 60k, so this will never see the daylight.
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:25   #62
BHPian

1. 2015 i20 Elite Asta CRDI ( 30,000kms)

Air vent knobs are prone to break. Got them replaced twice since my ownership. Still the breaking tale continues.... Now learned living with it.
Otherwise having a smooth ownership experience apart from other regular wear and tears.

2. Hyundai Creta 2017 SX petrol, 25000 kms

Door panel rusting issues flaring up. Looking forward to ASC visit in coming days.

3. Ford Endeavour 2.0 4x4 Titanium plus, 2021 ( 17000 kms)

No issues at all. So far so good.
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:33   #63

Mahindra Bolero ZLX 2016, 129557 on odometer

Issues: Last month- delay in cranking - fixed. Changed self motor.

Current - shaky radiator fan/water pump causing grinding noise. Solution. Already procured TVS make water pump. Need to visit the local mechanic this weekend. Hope there are no additional issues (bearing etc). Also hope that things dont fall off and cause further damage before I visit the mechanic.
madrasilemon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

2018 Ford Ecosport - MID intermittently shows up “See Manual” message. The engine goes into limp mode and the check engine light comes up.

Strangely, turning off the car and turning it on again; it works just fine, as if nothing is wrong. Even the check engine light goes off and the car works normally.

I am planning to get it fixed during the annual service in June first week. However the gut feeling is that they(service center) will only reset the faulty code and hand it back to me!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 09:48   #65
BHPian

2018 Nexon Diesel AMT , done 50K KMs.

Name:  D00AFB260A1B424781EC3C5A66197FCE.jpeg
Views: 301
Size:  254.1 KB

From the last 5 K KMS or so I am hearing a hum / groan from the engine at around 2000 RPM. Some thing like our State transport busses going uphill with full load. Does not appear at lower or higher RPMs. Will check this out at next service visit.

Other than that the car eats brake pads like they are skittles. I have changed almost 6 pairs till date ( mostly replaced free under P2P till now, but will need to pay going forward). This is an eccentricity on an other wise reliable car. Have budgeted for this expense on a yearly basis.
charanreddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:00   #66
BHPian

2021 Ecosport S TDCi -This very morning, the MID displayed the message "Change engine oil soon". Perplexed because the vehicle went for the 10k service about 6 weeks ago. Clinically diagnosing the issue, I don't find anything wrong with the engine oil level and quality. It's just 2.5k kms after the service.
Mach_1590 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:04   #67
BHPian

2007 Grand Vitara. Done over 1L kms.

From 2019 I had issues with the suspension and random noises from all over.
In spring 2019 I got the front suspension top mounts changed. (the rubber had separated).
Early 2020 I placed orders so some suspension bushings. Lockdown and supply issues resulted in my driving around with the engine mounts broken till April 2022. I was able to get the rear mount and suspension bushings changed in 2021 and the front engine mounts in 2022.
In the interim the vehicle was taken on a long drive to Bengaluru (just before Delta reared its head) and lots of short trips around Pune.
Even with such issues the vehicle has been tacking the roads perfectly, but with a lot of noises.

The paint had started fading and peeling so I got it completely repainted (with colour change) in April this year.
Currently I an living with some creaking noise from the door sill and a unique rattle from the head unit area.
sridhar-v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

2016 Octavia TDI MT (69k kms):
i) The volume scroll button in the steering is broken 3 years back. The service center quoted ~ 20k to change the entire unit. Fixed it with Fevikwik for Rs. 5 and working like a charm. Will find a permanent fix when things go bad, but no way gonna spend that money for almost non-existent problem now.
ii) The steering wheel leather has softened at right grip position. Mainly my fault as during the initial years used to drive the car with moisturiser in my hand which led to some chemical effect. Want to re-do the steering with Nappa leather, but most of the leather detailing guys are not confident to remove the steering for Skoda. One of the renowned guys asked me to remove the steering from service center and get it to them for stitching. With the complexity (also airbag module) involved decided to put it on hold for now, since steering leather is still 80% good as new. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Other than that the car is running absolutely flawless and very reliable. With Bilstein B6, car is tighter than ever.

2021 Dec i20 IVT Asta (2k kms):
Very new to report any problem, but the irritating thing is the door never closes well without a firm push. You cannot close doors like say Polo, where one normal push and door closes with a good thud. I guess it’s problem with all new i20s. Infact tried multiple ones (including N Line) in the showroom and test drive cars and all had this issue. Now I am kind of used to it, but bit embarrassing when someone else try closing it and finally they bang close the door.

Last edited by sunikkat : 17th May 2022 at 10:10.
sunikkat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:37   #69
BHPian

2015 Octavia 1.4TSI MT:
  1. The passenger side and center right AC vent clips are broken, trying to source the clips somehow. This problem is annoying. Hope to find a solution soon.
  2. The ABS, power steering and TC warning lights come up randomly on the dashboard upon starting and go away on their own and now I see that they are more frequent, need to get it checked at the ASC.
    If someone else has gone through this issue I would love to know how it was solved.
  3. The car needs a detailing session, my toddler has walked all over the seats.
  4. Some creaks coming in from the suspension, need to get it checked.
skarface is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:40   #70
BHPian

Honda City - 25000 kms - 4 years
No issues…. Fill it and it’s good for another 400 kms.

Chevrolet Aveo - 82000 kms - 15years
Despite its age still working like a charm as we have changed many major parts over the years, due to the new parts the car is in pristine shape but still requires some parts changed which will be done this month.

Last edited by W16rocks : 17th May 2022 at 10:47.
W16rocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:42   #71
BHPian

I20 Active SX Petrol 2017 - 64K kms on odo.
Witnessed a jerky acceleration and the Check Engine Light lit up immediately.
Gave it to Hyundai Motor Plaza and they said it was a software issue updated it for INR 260 and handed it back to me within 6 hours.
Three days and 500 kms later, i again felt a jerky pickup especially in second and third gears and the Check Engine Light again lit up. Have given it for service today. The error message on the SA's tab said: P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System too lean. He said they'll check if there are any wiring or sensor issues. I wish they had done so the last time itself, instead of just making the CEL go away.

I10 Magna Kappa2 2011 - 53k on the odo - No major issues, other than a recent wiper change and a faulty car horn replaced. Excellent beater car for local runabouts.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:44   #72
BHPian

Mazda 3
1. Air Conditioning fan belt make noise.
2. Wheel balancing needs to be done.
Taking my car to garage this Thursday to fix the issues.
Bhalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:51   #73
BHPian

2016 W212 Mercedes-Benz E250 CDI (≈ 56000 km)
Suspension noise from the rear. Sounds like spring compressing and uncompressing. Directly proportional to the bumpiness of the road. The service centre people had been mentioning for years that the suspension has some problems, but the sounds started showing up only after we replaced brake pads last December (which is odd don't you think?), and it's been getting louder over the months. Ride quality remains very comfortable.

Last December the AC failed — front-passenger side vents started pumping hot air. The service center did some temporary fix, though the permanent fix requires replacing some part which they did not have in stock. Would need replacement at some point.

I had written about these issues in another thread here (Maintaining a Mercedes-Benz in India).

I plan to get those jobs done sometime this year.

2015 Honda City SV diesel (≈ 48000 km)
It isn't driven much. Works totally fine, though the last time I started, the car hesitated a bit too start. It's in its 8th year and still running on stock battery! For the past couple of years I'm wondering why the battery isn't dead yet. I might change the battery pre-emptively this year.
voldemort is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:51   #74

XUV500 AWD AT (6 years, 100k)
1) Rusting on the all 5 doors (not deep, but alarming)
2) Remote fuel lid switch (buried inside the frame, after hard press)
Alternative: manual lid opener at third row. Now I am cautious to fill the tank time to time Else I have to offer cup of coffee or snacks that makes them busy and don't notice that they have to walk down each time at fuel station.
Nature&Me is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:54   #75

Interesting thread indeed. Most of us do have Skeletons in the closet

Polo 1.2 MPI - 45000 KM - 2016
Car mechanically is Rock Solid, only one ABS sensor had gone kaput so got it replaced. Has fare share of small scratches. Currently its missing front tow hook cover and number plate is cracked. So looks like Toothless.
racer_sk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks