Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 10:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2014 Audi Q3 - The Audi symbol in the radio knob is missing, rear wiper blade is smearing badly….that’s it !
2011 Polo 1.6 - clunky suspension, squeaky when handbrake is on, ABS light comes on when outside temp is greater than 35

Other cars that I manage
2016 Mini Cooper S - left headlight throws errors although it works. Wonky relay, not worth sorting. And it rattles
2014 Hyundai i10 - mirrors are unpainted, that’s it!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:17   #77
BHPian

2009 A-Star Vxi
A/C not cooling at all
Front Suspension creates a lot of noise/clunking
Rear suspension - dampers leaking
occasional sticky throttle
Left headlamp low beam gone
Wipers to be replace
Minor leak in radiator hose
squeaky noise in one of the wheels
occasional screeching noise in front left wheel

2013 Linea Tjet
Front Disc and Pad replacement - disc heavily scored.
Fluid top ups
Engine oil change
Intercooler upgrade - IC ready - waiting to be installed
And a relook at the Wolf maps - having some issues at low RPMs.
sai_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:19   #78
BHPian

Thar Diesel Auto: 17,000 Km, 2021.
1. The crown gear in the rear diff was rubbing against the assembly, car is currently sitting in the workshop waiting for replacement parts.
2. Sometimes the the autobox in D mode refuses to shift from 5th to 6th gear.
Turbolove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:28   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
2015 Octavia 1.4TSI MT:
  1. The ABS, power steering and TC warning lights come up randomly on the dashboard upon starting and go away on their own and now I see that they are more frequent, need to get it checked at the ASC.
    If someone else has gone through this issue I would love to know how it was solved.
Appears to be the typical ABS sensor failure in VAG cars. If possible, replace all the sensors at a time in an FNG so that the issue is not repeated for 1 or 2 years.

My Ford Aspire TDCi (2017 & about 55K kms done):

1. Reverse camera has some loose connection (works intermittently) and to be rectified.
2. Grinding noise in radiator fan. Both ASC and a FNG mechanic had suggested the same is not an urgent issue. Also the Fan runs a long time after car is parked on idling and not sure if cut off happens even after few mins. Any expert suggestions on these points will be really helpful on this.

Last edited by ChandraSekarMN : 17th May 2022 at 11:48. Reason: Edited to avoid multiple posts.
ChandraSekarMN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Happy to say 'nothing'. My car's MID was showing a warning of low tyre pressure on the spare wheel. It went below 29 psi. Got it done just yesterday. So, everything on the car is working perfectly fine.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:54   #81
BHPian

2011 Hyundai i10 (~30,000 kms)

It's a beater car so low mileage but has been timely serviced at the authorized service center.

Despite the low usage the small display of the factory-fitted music system is gone (it displays nothing only a blue backlight). As for the fix, the folks at the service center said the entire unit needs to be replaced and quoted INR 15,000. Never bothered to fix it.

Another problem due to low usage is that the clutch has gone a bit hard. The service center says the clutch still has life but if I ask they can replace it. So left it as it is.

The front passenger side window takes a second more than other windows to roll up. Researched a bit on this and most of them pointed out the reason behind this being low usage. Took a mental note of this and now I always pull down and roll up all the windows every time before I start driving the car. Courtesy of that the slow one now rolls a wee bit faster.

The exhaust pipe of the car was rusted and leaking. On full throttle, it used to sound like an aftermarket exhaust. Had them as my music system for some time. Finally replaced it with a new one on the last annual service.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:55   #82
BANNED

Just a minor glitch in the Sonet. Sometimes (1/10), while connecting a call through android auto, the call gets connected, but it's through the phone and not through car's speakers. I need to disconnect, call again, and then I can hear the voice clearly through cars speakers. Will get it checked at the 10K service. Not sure if it's an android auto issue or wireless android auto one.

Fortunately for Ecosport S TDCI, no issue yet after 25K, and nearly 4 years of usage.
CR07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:56   #83
Ice
BHPian

Car I Drive: 2010 Toyota Fortuner - 189K km

- No issues that require attention

Good to do soon:
1. Change fender trims because my thug dog chased a cat under the car, and decided to vent his frustration on said fender trimmig
2. Re-upholster leather seats to factory finish
3. Fix 2 small dents on LHS and RHS A-pillar. These dents were given by a toll-gate barrier that decided to misbehave.

Cars I manage

2006 Toyota Innova - 275k km
- change wiper blades
- thorough interior detailing needed!

2015 Honda Amaze - 32K km
- no issues!

2016 Honda City Vtec - 53K km
- no issues

1976 Ambassador Mark 3 - 490K km
- Change Matador diesel engine to a more modern unit
- Add air-conditioning, power steering, and disc brakes
Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 11:58   #84
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner: 76K KMs: No issue. minor scratch on the left rear door :(
Toyota Etios: 98K KMs: No Issue. I don't think Etios even know a thing called issue. The seats need a new cover though.

RE Himalayan: Some issue with the wiring, the battery is draining in a day.
RE Enfield (2005): No Issue. RC expired.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:05   #85
BHPian

2021 BMW X5 7400 Kms - Going on Fine
2013 BMW 118d 34082 kms- Still Going Strong
2020 Datsun Redigo AMT - 2001 Kms - after running 500 Metres to 1 Kms the engine Revs up automatically and then Stalls like Crazy and refuses to Start, After several Tries it starts...Been Towed to the Workshop Thrice, Plugs Replaced, injectors Cleaned, Battery Swapped Nissan Unable to identify the Cause, but I think its something to do with the immobiliser. (This happened many times at Busy Junctions or Streets in the City and the General Public had to push the car to keep it at the side of the road unable to bear the Humiliation had to dispose it off in another City)

Last edited by Sunilrj : 17th May 2022 at 12:08. Reason: Grammar
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:06   #86
BHPian

Audi A8 long wheelbase 112000 miles 11 years old

1. Sunroof cover stuck - plan to live with it
2. Right rear door doesn't open from outside - plan to live with it as opens from inside
3. Front wipers need replacement - ordered through Amazon and will replace this weekend
4. Rear fog light not working due to water seeping in through a minor crack - plan to live with it
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:27   #87

Tata Hexa - 2017 model, 72k kms done. It has been having a creaky noise from somewhere under the seat, and despite all the nut tightening and WD40s, there is still the noise which even the ASS are unable to resolve! Its this faint noise which one wouldn't quite pay attention to, but once you hear it it runs on the head and is irritating.
Blue Express is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:33   #88
VND
BHPian

Intresting Thread

2014 VW Polo 1.6 TDI / 50,000 kms;

- Squeaky noise coming from suspension, getting it checked in annual service due next week.
- Front middle AC vents slider broken, as with most VAG cars. Living with it as don't want to change the whole assembly.

2016 Toyota Innova 2.5 / 1,90,000 kms;

- AC is throwing tantrums in this very very hot weather, going for checkup tomorrow.
- Headlight bulb fused out, being replaced as I type.

2019 Maruti Ciaz 1.5 P AT / 25,000 kms;

- Front bumper and headlight damaged thanks to a stupid auto rickshaw driver, will be in workshop next month. FYI SA quoted me Rs. 23,000 + labour for headlight assembly - can't believe its a Maruti. HAHA
- Dents on roof as a gift from some playful monkeys.

2021 VW Tiguan Allspace 2.0 TSI / 9500 kms;

- Nothing to report here, just enjoying the TSI mill mated to DQ 381 gearbox. Sheer Sheer Fun!

2021 Mahindra Thar 2.0 P AT / 8000 kms;

- Usual Mahindra niggles, a couple of rattles here and there - a part of Thar life I guess.
- Front windshield cracked due to a flying stone and needs replacement, will be done next week.

That's all for now! Happy Driving Everyone!
VND is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:52   #89
BHPian

2017- Creta 1.6 CRDi- 80000 Kms
Very stiff ride and needs suspension work.
Hard clutch-Has led to frequent pain in my left leg.Needs replacement
Minor dents and scratches thanks to city traffic-Fixing it
Hopefully another 80K of troublefree driving post the above fixes.

Be safe and Drive safe
Old 17th May 2022, 12:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

2012 Nissan Sunny @ 61000 km: Main issue is it doesn't start on the first crank. Requires a L-O-N-G crank if it works at all. However, switch it off, then restart, and the engine fires up quickly. Weird. It's the beater so I don't get small stuff fixed until the annual service visit. As long as the beater runs, that's enough for me. Will fix at next service visit.
2011 Tata Manza Quadrajet @ 1.22 lac Km: Similar issue with my car. It doesn't start with first crank off late. But I probably know what's the issue. Whenever I don't hear fuel pump humming sound before cranking, it won't start. After few cranks, the humming sound comes back and car starts.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks