Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:53   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Performance Mods make justice onkly if you are entering drags or such events, otherwise serious performance mods are not required is my take.

My plan first is to get the idling issue, hub noice humming issue, suspension work resolved post which i shall add a K&N and see what i get. Later i shall concentrate on tyres and wheels and then maybe interiors and paint job. I intend to keep this baby for long and i want to stabilise the suspension for better cornering at speed of 120 / 140kmph. Its a very light car and tends to lose track at high speed cornering and its really scary.
Old 4th February 2011, 15:25   #512
BHPian

@Desmosedici
I finally went for white
Old 4th February 2011, 16:53   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
@Desmosedici
I finally went for white
Great Choice, Please do post pics once the work is done and also from where you got the work done in mumbai.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 4th February 2011, 18:00   #514
Senior - BHPian

Heard somewhere that Cosworth has a CAI kit for the OHCs. Any idea about the price?
Old 4th February 2011, 23:57   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Great Choice, Please do post pics once the work is done and also from where you got the work done in mumbai.

Cheers,
Raj
Sure i'll do that once the work is complete..there's this place at borivali where i give all my cars,i have got the work done from there.
Old 5th February 2011, 00:00   #516
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone also let me know how to make the power windows move quickly, mine are really slow going up and down. Is there anything i can do to make it smoother.
Old 5th February 2011, 02:12   #517
BHPian

@desmosdici

firstly get all the winders and the electric motors serviced it will create lot of difference
secondly apply silicon grease spray on the window channel rubber it lubricates the rubber and hence windows go up and down fast and smooth.
Old 5th February 2011, 05:49   #518
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jatin. That was much needed help.
Old 5th February 2011, 10:46   #519
BHPian

Hey i needed your help with few problems i am facing with my pre-owned OHC Vtec:
>>there's this noise which sounds like "Khar-Khar" at the front end of the car whenever i go through bumps and potholes..according to you what could that noise be of?
>>When i try to switch on the A/c button it just does not respond.What could the problem be?Could it be the gas getting over or has my compressor gone for a toss?
>>The hand rest on the driver and passenger side on the right and left hand side resp is a bit shaky.. Ive been told that this problem is permanent and there's no solution to it.Is it true?what do you guys have to say about it?
Thanx

Last edited by OHC VTEC : 5th February 2011 at 10:47.
Old 7th February 2011, 15:29   #520
BHPian

MODEL - OHC 1.5 exi , 2001 , run80k
bought 2 months bac

::: serviced , changed oil, break pads,greasing oiling of suspension, fliter change (stock).

MAJOR PROBLEM

Cant find the exact word for this, but lets try,
so when i drive the car in sports mode/fast /above 3.5rpm on city roads
for around 4 mins , the engine suddenly looses power. if i acclerate harder the car does not respond. the rpm does not move up , so i have to down shift & still the problem persist, until i drive slow.

when this happens, i floor the accleration- it feels like the power is building up in the engine , but the rpm does not move nor does it accelerate to move fast ---- DEN SUDDENTLY the car just picks up ...

Once i drive normally, below 3rpm , all is ok.

so every time i try to keep the car above 3.5rpm for more than 4 mins this problem crops up.

have given it to my mechanic twice now, but the problems hasn't resloved. ( he said the rpm was jammed/dirty - so he cleaned it) but it hasnt resloved the problem

(it feels like as if the acclerator is jammed - )

Note - when ever this happens, i shift to netural at roling speed to see if the rpm is stuck - but in neutral it works fine, the RPM revs all the way.

i have waited years to buy the OHC - i am disheartned - HELP !!
Old 7th February 2011, 22:35   #521
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ryan, I am also faced with a similar issue but at lower RPMS i get hellish jerks but if i revv hard and release clutch, the car picks up power however there is sudden loss of acceleration when i press the accelerator and at lower speeds it keeps jerking crazily. If i shift to Neutral the RPM is normal. All i do is park, switch off, wait for a few seconds and the crank and leave it for 20 odd seconds. This generally happens to me whenever the clutch release is not very proper and my guess is it has got to do with maybe the O2 Sensor or some other sensor maybe. Have never got this with any other car. the stop and start works well for me.

and please dont get disheartened, its an old car and obviously some niggling issues will be there. once those are sorted you will love it. trust me.

Last edited by Desmosedici : 7th February 2011 at 22:37.
Old 8th February 2011, 06:01   #522
BHPian

Quote:
@OHC Vtec,

The stock rims will look good on white as well, just get them polished however i feel that the wheel size is not proper for a car of this size and power. I anyday feel 15 inchers are a must or if possible even 16 inchers. I had read GTO's thread where he had got 16 inch wheels and he didnt face any issues of tyres scrapping the inside of the wheel wells.

But i do agree that the stock rims look really good.
hmm..that's strange.. my 195/55/R15 scrapes the inner walls on full turns. There's no sound but when i check the inside of the walls i can see the telltale black curve where the tire rubbed against it.

Then there's the problem of increased strain when you go through the trademarked indian potholed roads - i had the front arm bent once.. again no sound, just found it after a check at the garage when my front left tire started to face accelerated wear.

Maybe mine's an odd case but do be carefull.

Last edited by di1in : 8th February 2011 at 06:03.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:57   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ryan, I am also faced with a similar issue but at lower RPMS i get hellish jerks but if i revv hard and release clutch, the car picks up power however there is sudden loss of acceleration when i press the accelerator and at lower speeds it keeps jerking crazily. If i shift to Neutral the RPM is normal. All i do is park, switch off, wait for a few seconds and the crank and leave it for 20 odd seconds. This generally happens to me whenever the clutch release is not very proper and my guess is it has got to do with maybe the O2 Sensor or some other sensor maybe. Have never got this with any other car. the stop and start works well for me.

and please dont get disheartened, its an old car and obviously some niggling issues will be there. once those are sorted you will love it. trust me.

Thanks for encouragement, The car is perfect in normal driving mode! But any aggressive driving leads to this , hope the O2 sensor hasn't conked off. In the first week i got the car , it did jerk a bit at low RPM , but with some tunning it is fine now.

Im looking for a good mechanic any suggestions ?

Thanks
Old 8th February 2011, 20:33   #524
Senior - BHPian

You can contact V12 who is also a moderator. His dad has been operating for many years together and has got experienced guys. Workshop is at Versova Road, Andheri West.
Old 12th February 2011, 14:32   #525
BHPian

Just calculated the average on the OHC - 9km in city , with no performance mods, no A/c. moreover the car has just been serviced.

Can someone tell me at idle, what reading should the RPM show
mine shows just one stick above the minimum ,its a a stick in BOLD,
so it should be around 200rpm . is this right ?

My mechanic sad this is how it should be.

Appreciate any help guys.

Planning to sell the car now,more problems than fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks