Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 01:18   #46
BHPian

Hey Shashank, im in the same boat, only i havnt bought everything
Old 1st April 2008, 16:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Whats the harm in using water in radiator and not coolant in my Indigo Marina Dicor? What would eb ht eill effects?
Old 1st April 2008, 16:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Whats the harm in using water in radiator and not coolant in my Indigo Marina Dicor? What would eb ht eill effects?
It will probably rust a bit more.. And water probably evaporates a lot faster if not mixed with the coolant. Better spend a few hundred bucks to put coolant mixed with water.
Old 1st April 2008, 23:21   #49
BHPian

I guess the coolant would be around Rs.150 bucks only..
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
coolant (mixed with water) has a lower freezing point and higher boiling point than water. Hence you can run your car longer with coolant than without
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:18   #51
BHPian

Did i mention earlier that my car is running like a dream...unfortunately I didn't have much of knowledge about the cars, and in this checklist carburetter cleaning was not mentioned and I didn't get it cleaned...however I have got it done now and my car is as good as new..
Old 8th August 2008, 15:47   #52
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My i10 (6 months olde) is nearing 5K kms now.I am planning for a wheel balancing.Do i require wheel alignment also since i am not facing any dragging issue.

Please advise.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Hi Guys,

My i10 (6 months olde) is nearing 5K kms now.I am planning for a wheel balancing.Do i require wheel alignment also since i am not facing any dragging issue.

Please advise.
You should understand these three terms -
1. Wheel rotation - Changing wheel positions
2. Wheel alignment - All angles - camber, caster and toe are aligned.
3. Wheel balancing - some weight to added to balance wheel movement/rotation.

For your new car with 5K on odo, IMHO you only need item 1. Remaining item 2 and 3 during normal use, are required ~10K km only

Last edited by omishra : 8th August 2008 at 17:14.
Old 8th August 2008, 20:42   #54
Team-BHP Support

Car went for a service today. This was my third service in four and a half years. Car hasn't run that much though. Odometer says 26845 km. Due to lack of time they couldn't wash the underbody. I don't allow them to shampoo and wash the body anyway. So sometime next week they'll do it as whenever I can send the car.

Costs:
Mobil 1 = 4100/-
ABRO engine flushing fluid = 237/-
These are supplied by me.

Injector and fuel system cleaning = 1850/- (they've used 3M fuel cleaning solution of one can)
Oil filter = 67.56/-
Seal ring = 10.67/-
General service and check up = 550/-

No problems found anywhere.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:19   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow Rudra, only 27000 kms in 4.5 years. That car's gotta be looking & feeling like new. Does she run better after this service?

Quote:
Oil filter = 67.56/-
GM sure is sticking to their claims of low maintenance. That's as cheap as oil filters get for this segment of car.
Old 9th August 2008, 17:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

Injector and fuel system cleaning = 1850/- (they've used 3M fuel cleaning solution of one can).
I had a quick query - apart from fuel injector/ throttle body cleaning; what additional work is done for "fuel system cleaning".

I found 1850/- quite expensive, as I was told that a whole can is not required, unless the fuel system cleaning requires a lot of work/ fluid spray
Old 10th August 2008, 19:00   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow Rudra, only 27000 kms in 4.5 years. That car's gotta be looking & feeling like new. Does she run better after this service?
Look and feel I don't know because I see it everyday. Running is always smooth. I haven't really taken the car out after that because I was not in town.
Quote:
GM sure is sticking to their claims of low maintenance. That's as cheap as oil filters get for this segment of car.
Looks like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
I had a quick query - apart from fuel injector/ throttle body cleaning; what additional work is done for "fuel system cleaning".
I haven't spoken to their service manager. I had asked for fuel injector/ throttle body cleaning only. Will check out on Monday.
Quote:
I found 1850/- quite expensive, as I was told that a whole can is not required, unless the fuel system cleaning requires a lot of work/ fluid spray
I found it expensive too. But if it's dealer/service center provided 3rd party stuff then price got to be higher. Again this will be checked on Monday.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:31   #58
BHPian

@GTO you mentioned changing KnN/High-Flow Filter at 60K kms. Is that really required? Because as per KnN the warranty of the filter is at double the above figure and needs regular cleaning/service after 20K odd kms. I understand that Indian conditions are very dusty so the cleaning/service bit has top be more frequent but that if done regularly should be fine. Should'nt it?
Old 17th August 2008, 22:05   #59
BHPian

Hi Guys !
I just got my car ( Ford 1.6 ) serviced at a local garage. The car was given to the Ford A** on a regular basis before that. During service, while the guy was cleaning the air filter, I noticed that he had just raised the top cover slightly to remove the filter. I insisted that he should open the complete cover as I wanted to see the housing (had a vague idea that the Mass air flow sensor would be located there and wanted to see it) - what I actually saw gave me the jitters. Rotting leaves in the air filter housing !
Just for the heck of it, checked up with a Ford supervisor whether there is any need to clean the housing - and the reply was " Sab, thoda sa cover tilt karne se filter nikal aata hai - poora to hum service mein bhi nahin kholte". The leaves had actually blocked a vent.
I would suggest ( for those with standard air filters) to get their housing checked - especially after a service - will give you a good idea as to how much care has gone into the service.

Other things : I was going through the manual and it says the gearbox oil for the 1.6 need not be replaced. The oil has to be filtered and will deteriorate with time. Can any body shed some light on this ?
Old 26th September 2008, 02:39   #60
BHPian

hi guys ,
just wanted to ask whenever i get my car serviced they do a throttle body cleaning by spraying a carb and choke cleaning spray in it.
now i want to know how much quantity of spray is needed as i have got a abro carb and choke cleaner; and my friend said to empty the entire can in it! while the mechanic just sprayed a few bursts in it! pls carify.
also which is a good brand for this carb and choke cleaning spray? is ABRO good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks