Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 21:14   #271
BHPian

My OEM Exide lasted for 4.5 yrs

Folks,

My OEM battery lasted for 4.5 yrs. Yes you heard it right 4.5yrs on my Accent CRDi

I just replaced it with a Amaron.

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 12th April 2010, 22:16   #272
BHPian

my OEM battery lasted 4 yrs in my getz P , breathed it last today replaced with exide matrix sealed mainteance free battery with 60 months warranty.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:21   #273
BANNED

Our iKon's OEM Amaron battery lasted for 5 years and 4 months... you heard it right 65 months!!!

Got it changed in june 2009 with same Amaron battery...
Old 15th April 2010, 12:02   #274
BHPian

Yesterday after cranking and starting the car (Swift VDi 2007, 40000 kms) the Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) Light & Water in Fuel Filter Warning Light remained on (check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1839208 for details),
I went to M.A.S.S who suggested battery change, his quotes -
Exide - 7900\-
Amaron - 8900\-
Old battery exchange discount - 100\-

Anyone here who got his Swift VDI's battery replaced, please share the brand/price because I think MASS' price are way too high
Old 18th April 2010, 10:37   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Yesterday after cranking and starting the car (Swift VDi 2007, 40000 kms) the Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) Light & Water in Fuel Filter Warning Light remained on (check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1839208 for details),
Exide - 7900\-
Amaron - 8900\-

Anyone here who got his Swift VDI's battery replaced, please share the brand/price because I think MASS' price are way too high
The MASS prices are way too high ! Are they manufacturing it themselves ?
Old 18th April 2010, 12:22   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exide - 7900\-
Amaron - 8900\-

Dont bother with the MASS pricing. ASCs are rip offs. Get a quote from 1 or 2 Exide and Amaron dealers. They will give you more against the exchange of your old battery.

Cheers!
Old 19th April 2010, 01:06   #277
BHPian

Just came back, the battery gave up for the 1st time in 90 months, yes my October 2002 Santro's battery(exide maintenance free) gave up after serving for 7.5 years.

I was considering anything over 5 years as bonus and it lasted me a good 80000 kilometers.

The good part was it gave up just 1 kilometer from my house, and the guys from road helpline which I have subscribed to came promptly to crank up my car. 1 rupee a day as annual AMC is not bad when you get into such situations even once in a year.

I know I have been plain lucky with the OEM battery( though I did take simple precautions like cranking up couple of seconds after inserting the key, switching headlights/stereo off before cranking on or off).

Now I am searching for good battery - up on priority list is Amaron and Tata Green.
Any recommendation guys?
Old 19th April 2010, 02:58   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Just came back, the battery gave up for the 1st time in 90 months, yes my October 2002 Santro's battery(exide maintenance free) gave up after serving for 7.5 years.

I was considering anything over 5 years as bonus and it lasted me a good 80000 kilometers.

The good part was it gave up just 1 kilometer from my house, and the guys from road helpline which I have subscribed to came promptly to crank up my car. 1 rupee a day as annual AMC is not bad when you get into such situations even once in a year.

I know I have been plain lucky with the OEM battery( though I did take simple precautions like cranking up couple of seconds after inserting the key, switching headlights/stereo off before cranking on or off).

Now I am searching for good battery - up on priority list is Amaron and Tata Green.
Any recommendation guys?

I would suggest that you stick to Exide (ATB) as these are the best IMHO.

I have been using Exide for many years and have never faced an issue, we bought a used Esteem (Maruti True Value) once which came with Amaron (Under warranty) and this battery was nothing more than junk. The car died down so many times that I cannot even re-call. Maybe it was the previous owner, chauffeur, MASS or whatever & to top it up the amaron guys never changed the battery under warranty. I finally had to replace it with an Exide (ATB). The Exide on the other hand lasted for the four years I had the car with me after which it was sold.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:08   #279
BHPian

Quote:
You will get more than 600 rs for your battery with any scrap dealer
Old 19th April 2010, 09:17   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendation guys?
Faramir, just read your post again!
After getting amazing service life from an Exide battery you are asking for some other brand?
Old 19th April 2010, 09:40   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Faramir, just read your post again!
After getting amazing service life from an Exide battery you are asking for some other brand?
Exide has gone from bad to worse in the last 7-8 years. Maybe he is right in looking for another brand. Amaron seems to be the best choice today.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:53   #282
BHPian

Hi Guys,

For my 2005 Optra the battery lasted only for 1.5 years.
I had no problem at all in starting or anything, i had gone to a party and when i was coming back the car refused to take self... just died...

For my i10 A/T
Battery lasted for only 17 months.
It was under warranty so that is why i got a new replacement battery...

And both the cars came with Amaron battery's...

Last edited by zulfikar : 19th April 2010 at 11:54.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:58   #283
BHPian

I got the following quotes for my Swift VDi replacement battery,

Amaron (60 amp) - 7517.00
Exide - 8600.00

For both of the above the dealers said that its a DIN battery hence expensive, any idea what is a DIN battery ?

Any suggestions which one shall I buy, considering that I would be selling the car in an years time
Old 19th April 2010, 13:19   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any recommendation guys?
Strange how people get stuck with memories. Something that was made well 7.5 years ago is not necessarily good today. Today, Exides have the maximum complaints... and you can see that on different tbhp threads yourself. If I were you, I'd go with Amaron or Base Terminal. Tata Green may be good too, but as it is new, there are no reviews. So, in that, it would be a risk.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:24   #285
BANNED

Ford Ikon 1.6 OEM battery, Its been 8 years since i bought this car & the battery still functions like its just come out of the showroom today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks