Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 19:37   #2806
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. Have you got the manual yet? If not there are online ones available which are also downloadable. I have downloaded one from the net and it is the same as the booklet which came with the car.

Please guide me to the online downloadable manuals for the Civic.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:46   #2807
BHPian

I guess this thread will become more relevant to me. I am close to booking 2012 Civic VMT Sunroof. OTR price offer is 16.30L as opposed to bloated 17.13L in price list. For now, I will go with Honda Assure as part of free insurance offer. May switch to normal insurance next year, if the difference continues to be high. Civic is on the top of list, post my test drives of Altis, City, and Cruze. I gained a lot by reading through long term ownership posts. A quick question as well: If I can demand for specific brand of tyre, what should it be? Any other such demands possible? Please suggest. Thank you.
Old 1st February 2012, 21:15   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
I guess this thread will become more relevant to me. I am close to booking 2012 Civic VMT Sunroof. OTR price offer is 16.30L as opposed to bloated 17.13L in price list. For now, I will go with Honda Assure as part of free insurance offer. May switch to normal insurance next year, if the difference continues to be high. Civic is on the top of list, post my test drives of Altis, City, and Cruze. I gained a lot by reading through long term ownership posts. A quick question as well: If I can demand for specific brand of tyre, what should it be? Any other such demands possible? Please suggest. Thank you.
Stock Bridgestone served me quite well having done trips over some of the worst roads in the country (and on some places where there were no roads enroute to Kanha / Kisli, BandavGarh). So far in 36000 Kms Bridgestone tyres had only 2 punctures. Instead of asking for a specific brand of tyre,try negotiating for spare wheel with alloy.Not sure if you are passionate about M/T, but do try out A/T. Where are you negotiating -Whitefield or Dakshin?

Cheers.

Last edited by ramanak : 1st February 2012 at 21:29.
Old 1st February 2012, 21:34   #2809
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post

the 'S' or sports mode. In this mode, actually it will NEVER shift into 5th on its own, unless you force it using the paddles. It holds the lower gears at higher RPM/speed so you get instant acceleration / deceleration just like a MT.
Is this true? I thought in S mode all gears upshift at higher rpms. Once paddles are used in S mode, then the AT will never upshift on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Please guide me to the online downloadable manuals for the Civic.
Sure. Please send a PM with your personal email id, I will mail you a pdf file of the manual as a file cannot be sent through the forum PM system. To note the manual is meant for US Civics, so there are some differences in specs.
Old 1st February 2012, 22:42   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
A quick question as well: If I can demand for specific brand of tyre, what should it be?
I had run on the Good Year NCT 5 stocks. It had taken me to all types of terrains, ran fast, ran tough and it did its job. It ran for 60K before i changed it. You can check my travelogues where all it took me. So if you are not very much freaked out with tyres - check like ramanak suggested for an alloy wheel as the spare. It costs about 8k, otherwise.

Currently I run Good Year Excellence stock size, and am ok with its performance too.
Old 1st February 2012, 23:26   #2811
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak
Instead of asking for a specific brand of tyre,try negotiating for spare wheel with alloy.Not sure if you are passionate about M/T, but do try out A/T. Where are you negotiating -Whitefield or Dakshin?

Cheers.
Has anyone got that ?a spare wheel as alloy too?
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:13   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
At the time of my purchase in 2010, despite all my tactics,they flatly refused to give it.But Honda sales being what is today,no harm in trying.
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:19   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak
At the time of my purchase in 2010, despite all my tactics,they flatly refused to give it.But Honda sales being what is today,no harm in trying.
Same here. No luck getting an alloy wheel for the spare when I bought my Civic in July 2010.

Just curious, what has changed about Honda sales in the recent past?

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:54   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Same here. No luck getting an alloy wheel for the spare when I bought my Civic in July 2010.

Just curious, what has changed about Honda sales in the recent past?

Regards,
spadix
Check this:

Honda goes the diesel route - Business Today - Business News
Old 3rd February 2012, 08:59   #2815
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, I got it in May-June 2010 with my Civic V-AT. Negotiated it as part of the deal.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:23   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Is this true? I thought in S mode all gears upshift at higher rpms. Once paddles are used in S mode, then the AT will never upshift on its own.
Once the paddles are used in S mode, the system still upshifts and downshifts on its own. But the upshifts happen only if you hit the redline.

Quote:
I do

Update on my FE: The FE has improved quite a bit after the reset. The FE on the previous fill was 7.46. On this one, the FE (including both pre and post reset drives) is up to 9.01 (75% distance covered prior to reset). This is the first time since we got the car that the FE has crossed 9 in 100% city driving with 100% Climate control set on 24. Will fill up again today and update the new-improved FE in due course.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:47   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Once the paddles are used in S mode, the system still upshifts and downshifts on its own. But the upshifts happen only if you hit the redline.

I do

Update on my FE: The FE has improved quite a bit after the reset. The FE on the previous fill was 7.46. On this one, the FE (including both pre and post reset drives) is up to 9.01 (75% distance covered prior to reset). This is the first time since we got the car that the FE has crossed 9 in 100% city driving with 100% Climate control set on 24. Will fill up again today and update the new-improved FE in due course.

Does it upshift on Redline? My AT doesn't do that. It will only downshift if your speed goes below a particular level. Maybe the newer models have this feature. Mine is 2007.

In S mode if you don't touch the paddles the gear shifts will happen only at higher revs automatically. As soon as you use the paddle it will wait for you to upshift.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:55   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Does it upshift on Redline? My AT doesn't do that. It will only downshift if your speed goes below a particular level. Maybe the newer models have this feature. Mine is 2007.

In S mode if you don't touch the paddles the gear shifts will happen only at higher revs automatically. As soon as you use the paddle it will wait for you to upshift.
I may be wrong then . Will try it out someday when there is enough space to.
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:48   #2819
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once the paddles are used in S mode, the system still upshifts and downshifts on its own. But the upshifts happen only if you hit the redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Same observation as csentil, once paddles are used, the AT will not upshift on its own, even if the engine redlines. What I have seen is that the engine will hit the redline, and fall back to 5-6k. If accelerator is pressed fully even at this point, the engine will continue to hit redline and fall back.

Quote:
On this one, the FE (including both pre and post reset drives) is up to 9.01 (75% distance covered prior to reset).
Wow, thats a good improvement. The resetting worked!
Old 4th February 2012, 15:02   #2820
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic Aux port

Joined this club by buying a V M/T Civic, 2007 model yesterday.

I find the experience of driving the vehicle exhilarating.

One query though. The car has only Aux port, no USB port.

What is the utility of the Aux ports?

What do we have to do if we want to connect USB devices to this Aux port?

P.S - Can I request to be pointed to the discussions held previously on this issue in this thread? I could not find it even after trying hard.

Last edited by skdking : 4th February 2012 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks