Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 22:40   #4306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
After servicing, I have been encountering an issue at Low accelerator input scenario.There is a Power loss as if the vehicle is going to stall and there is slight vibration like it happens in manual cars when a lower than required accelerator input is given in a particular gear.
I have never faced this problem before.

My AT fluid were replaced at 60k and 100k and I never found any difference, before/after.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 23:02   #4307
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

What's the cost of RHS Rear view mirror?
Old 16th April 2013, 10:10   #4308
Senior - BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20130416_100155.png
Views: 1078
Size:  512.2 KB

Hi guys this is a pic of my civic's mount gap.I have been observing the gap for some time and it has reduced a bit since i checked it last month.I was able to slide in the civics ignition key before but now it does not go in.
I guess i am looking at a few thousand rs expense but the question is how soon do i need it to be changed.As of now i am yet to feel thuds and vibrations on start etc.The car still feels normal and i really can't make out any broken rubber parts etc.
Thanks.
Old 16th April 2013, 11:49   #4309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
What's the cost of RHS Rear view mirror?
I had replaced my RHS Rear view mirror on Mar-2010.
The cost was Rs.482 plus Rs.83 for labour back then (It took just a few seconds to slide the new mirror in).

It broke after I hit another car at a high speed (dangerous, I need to drive carefully!).

Last edited by manim : 16th April 2013 at 12:02.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:25   #4310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Hi guys this is a pic of my civic's mount gap.I have been observing the gap for some time and it has reduced a bit since i checked it last month.I was able to slide in the civics ignition key before but now it does not go in.
I guess i am looking at a few thousand rs expense but the question is how soon do i need it to be changed.As of now i am yet to feel thuds and vibrations on start etc.The car still feels normal and i really can't make out any broken rubber parts etc.
Thanks.
Sumeet, it's strange that you don't feel any vibrations. The mount on my car too had come down to a level where I could only partially poke in the key, but the vibrations were already felt on idle and in 1st or reverse. I've given it in for mount change today, better to be on safe side.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:56   #4311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@ramanak

tell them to Clean the throttle body if not done and also recalibrate or make the throttle body learn Idling.

Civic has a electronic throttle valve control hence after every cleaning it has to be re-calibrated.
The problem has been diagnosed as injector failure,an electrical part,which SA says fails around 50-60k km, which needs to be replaced. Cost 17 k,too bad.SA says they swapped the part from another car after which problem was not happening. I want to have it checked else where as well since SA says it will not cause any other problem other than vibration at low speed.I would most probably not change the part for the time being. Any suggestions?
Old 16th April 2013, 16:33   #4312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
... Any suggestions?
If , as you say, this issue started immediately after the 60K service, I think you need to take the dealer to task. Honda engine parts like fuel injectors just dont fail like that at 60K.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:00   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Now..time to revamp the interiors. My 2007 civic has cream coloured fabric..oem stuff..which is now looking dated. My civic had taken a swim last year so I had got the seats dry cleaned etc but it still llooks dull.

So if I'm looking for fabric for the seats, or maybe leather is an option? I prefer fabric though. Any particular place in delhi where I can visit for the interior revamp? The Honda folk might just have oem seat covers right?

Any idea what would be the cost for such a revamp..fabric or leatherite?
Old 16th April 2013, 21:03   #4314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Sumeet, it's strange that you don't feel any vibrations. The mount on my car too had come down to a level where I could only partially poke in the key, but the vibrations were already felt on idle and in 1st or reverse. I've given it in for mount change today, better to be on safe side.
Let me know the cost involved if you could be so kind.I called up shetty motors, opera house they quoted 9.5K for the part which is bizarre.Called up my trusted man Joe , he in turn called up his contacts and was quoted 8.5K for the part itself.As per joe if the parts not totally busted, he asked me to let it be till it goes total Kaput.There is still some space between the mount hence the reason maybe it's not going thud thud yet.I think i might wait a month or two before going in for the mount change though it's sure that i will be needing to replace it sooner or later.
Old 16th April 2013, 21:17   #4315
BHPian

Quote:

Let me know the cost involved if you could be so kind.I called up shetty motors, opera house they quoted 9.5K for the part which is bizarre.Called up my trusted man Joe , he in turn called up his contacts and was quoted 8.5K for the part itself.
I don't have the estimate with me right now but AFAIK, Arya Honda bhandup where I'm getting the work done has estimated ~7.5-7.8k for the part and ~400 for labour which sounded about right with the figures quoted by other t-bhpians. I'm picking up the car tomorrow, so I'll confirm the final charges again here if it's very different from what I mentioned above.

I'd recommend changing the part early as preventive maintenance. You don't want it going kaput when ur on the road.

Last edited by gomzi : 16th April 2013 at 21:21.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 22:47   #4316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post

I don't have the estimate with me right now but AFAIK, Arya Honda bhandup where I'm getting the work done has estimated ~7.5-7.8k for the part and ~400 for labour which sounded about right with the figures quoted by other t-bhpians. I'm picking up the car tomorrow, so I'll confirm the final charges again here if it's very different from what I mentioned above.

I'd recommend changing the part early as preventive maintenance. You don't want it going kaput when ur on the road.
I don't think the mount will leave me stranded if it goes kaput on the road.As i mentioned before there is still some gap left and i am yet to experience the jerks associated with a failed mount.I am forced to peep inside the car's hood to drive away potential rats every other day(believe me i have to do this) and plan to keep a eye on the mount gap.Infact that's how i observed the mount issue.Anyways i plan to fix it in a month or two cause i am expecting it to give way in that much time.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:26   #4317
Senior - BHPian

I checked one of the mounts of the civic. Where are the other mounts besides the one on the left?
Old 17th April 2013, 14:05   #4318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The cost was Rs.482 plus Rs.83 for labour back then (It took just a few seconds to slide the new mirror in).

It broke after I hit another car at a high speed (dangerous, I need to drive carefully!).
Let me add this is the mirror and not the full assembly including the housing etc.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 14:16   #4319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The cost was Rs.482 plus Rs.83 for labour back then (It took just a few seconds to slide the new mirror in)...
This looks a decent price....I guess this is for the mirror alone, and not the assembly , manim? EDIT : just saw your post, sgiitk !

Quote:
...but the question is how soon do i need it to be changed.As of now i am yet to feel thuds and vibrations on start etc.The car still feels normal ...
There seems to be sufficient gap. In my case, it was literally resting on the bottom piece, yet I did not feel vibrations on cold start. Only when going over bad roads at speed, I could feel the thud of the engine mount on chassis.

I guess you can wait for some more time.

The clear indication of a engine-mount to be replaced : prominent vibrations on cold start at idle RPMs; these vibrations will be very pronounced when you reverse the car, immediately after a cold start. This is the final warning to get the mount replaced immediately. (The vibrations will be more pronounced when reversing than when in first gear.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I checked one of the mounts of the civic. Where are the other mounts besides the one on the left?
There is one other on the passenger side ...guess it is called transmission mount. And guess there should be one in the middle (between the engine and the firewall area lower side). But, the problematic mount is the hydraulic one on the left (or the Indian driver side).

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 17th April 2013 at 14:18.
Blue Thunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 18:49   #4320
Senior - BHPian

We'll the mount is fine. So I'll have to look elsewhere to find where the vibrations are coming from

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks