Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 09:04   #4366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
No. They get worn of due to normal wear and tear. You'll have to pay for the parts.
A little unlikely. I've done 14k km all in the city and this noise has always been there. Break pads get worn off that early?
Old 25th May 2013, 21:53   #4367
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

That's highly improbable. Even if you're driving rashly and breaking rapidly.
You'll have to take it down to the A.S.S as they'll be able to identify the problem better
Old 27th May 2013, 00:33   #4368
BHPian

Mates, I am looking for a pre worshipped civic 2008 (face lifted model) for myself in New Delhi. The car should be a decently maintained with full service records. Let me know if you come across. No mods except ice and ffe.
Thanks!
Old 27th May 2013, 23:24   #4369
BHPian

I plan to upgrade the stock headlights. The ones that came with my pre-owned Civic are so weak that even a Bajaj Pulsar bike will have a better illumination and light throwing range as compared to my Civic.
Also one of the headlamps looks 'less clear' than the other one.

What are my options here? Would upgrading the bulbs (both low and high beams) give me a substantial improvement? If yes, then what bulb is recommended.
HID vs Projector: I want my car to be road legal at all times but have the best possible illumination without messing with the electrical system of the car.
Old 28th May 2013, 14:22   #4370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Mates, I am looking for a pre worshipped civic 2008 (face lifted model) for myself in New Delhi. The car should be a decently maintained with full service records. Let me know if you come across. No mods except ice and ffe.
Thanks!
If i am not wrong, the face lifted model came out in late 2009. I bought my pre-facelift model in July 2009, and Honda had limited stock in anticipation of the facelift that got launched a few months later
VineetG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 08:51   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
If i am not wrong, the face lifted model came out in late 2009. I bought my pre-facelift model in July 2009, and Honda had limited stock in anticipation of the facelift that got launched a few months later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Thanks!
Yes, the facelift was in September 2009.
Honda Monk, I would suggest to try for the facelifted version itself, because in the market, other than the Civic being a 2008/2009, the owners donot factor in the facelift factor.
Only those who are familiar with that factor, will even know about it. So aim for the current model itself.
Old 30th May 2013, 02:46   #4372
BHPian

Folks

My 2010 Civic VMT has started giving me strange behavior. The audio system would turn off and on by itself when I am driving or waiting at a signal.
Today the driver side power window will not work unless the car is started. Even if the key is turned on to 2nd position

What's the problem ? Any ideas..
Old 30th May 2013, 06:44   #4373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammycoolster View Post
Folks

My 2010 Civic VMT has started giving me strange behavior. The audio system would turn off and on by itself when I am driving or waiting at a signal.
Today the driver side power window will not work unless the car is started. Even if the key is turned on to 2nd position

What's the problem ? Any ideas..
did you recently clean the interior glass or dashboard with water? If you have installed sun film on the windscreen, fluids may have entered the dash and probably to the audio unit. It had happened on my civic just after installing sunfilm and after drying out the car in hot sun for 2-3 hrs, the audio unit became normal. Otherwise, it was behaving erratic with increasing volume and changing FM stations on its own.
Old 30th May 2013, 07:17   #4374
BHPian

I dont think I did any cleaning that way.. so not sure what else it could be..
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:41   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So after 3 years the first somewhat big shunt for the car :-(

A truck kissed the right rear corner. Casualties are the tail lamp and the fender. Bumper and boot escaped unscathed.
Bad luck with the car continues. I had got the damage fixed 2 weeks back. Today I had parked the car behind a truck. When I returned I find a deep gash in the bonnet and the truck nowhere to be seen. It must have backed into my car. What luck !

There is a 2 inch cut in the bonnet along with the dent. Thankfully nothing else has been affected. I called up Honda. They said if there is a cut then they get the bonnet replaced. How much does the bonnet cost? I may need to pay some % of it.

Do I have an option of pushing for repairs? That will save me the bonnet cost %.

Last edited by shuvc : 2nd June 2013 at 02:42.
Old 2nd June 2013, 21:22   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Bad luck with the car continues. I had got the damage fixed 2 weeks back. Today I had parked the car behind a truck. When I returned I find a deep gash in the bonnet and the truck nowhere to be seen. It must have backed into my car. What luck !

There is a 2 inch cut in the bonnet along with the dent. Thankfully nothing else has been affected. I called up Honda. They said if there is a cut then they get the bonnet replaced. How much does the bonnet cost? I may need to pay some % of it.

Do I have an option of pushing for repairs? That will save me the bonnet cost %.
Sorry to hear about the incident shuvc. Bhpian Sgiitk had his bonnet dent fixed for 6K.Link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3135353
Old 3rd June 2013, 00:33   #4377
BHPian

The Honda logo on my Civic was stolen last week and I visited the Honda service center to get a new one yesterday. The logo cost Rs. 565/- but I was surprised when the bill mentioned Rs. 200/- as labour charges for fixing the logo, yes only the logo!
Two small 3mm nuts used to fix it were charged an additional Rs. 100/-
Daylight robbery!! Come on Honda, its just a plastic logo and not an electrically retracting logo on a Rolls Royce.

Also, got my wiper blades changed to Honda OEM for Rs. 1600/- for the pair. Earlier ones were Hella.

I am now facing an irritating problem: it was raining in Pune yesterday and my new driver side wiper blade is making a 'thud' noise when it reaches the extreme right position and is on its way down. It is not a squeaking noise but an actual thud as if the wiper is hitting the A-pillar. However I inspected it from the outside and the wiper has a normal range of motion. The thud sound comes, as I mentioned, when the wiper is at the extreme position of its range.

What could be the fix for this? The sound is pretty loud and even music at high volume fails to drown this thud. It is irritating and sounds pretty scary too.

Last edited by Derezzed : 3rd June 2013 at 00:33. Reason: grammar
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:27   #4378
BHPian

The AC in my Civic AT is acting mean, especially on these hot days. The AC just doesn't cool at idle. I need to keep the revs >1k and even then the AC isn't chilling. I have a 45min-1hr drive daily and the car gets cool only towards the end of my drive with the fan on full and temp on Lo. Even so, after driving around for a while if I stop at the lights, it again slowly starts blowing hot air through the vents.
I'd got the AC serviced by Premji's in Thane and later checked by Arya Honda, Bhandup a month ago and they had pronounced it as being "fine", no problems.

The car hasn't been used much during peak hot hours in summer so it didn't bother me too much. But over the last month my timings have changed and I usually drive post noon so I feel it a lot.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:33   #4379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
...Any ideas on what could be the issue?
Possible reasons :
  • Low on gas (refrigerant) : if cooling is always low, this is the probable cause. Could be due to leak in system. Solution : identify source of leak, fix it and recharge the gas.
  • A/C and/or blower relay over-heating and tripping, thereby not engaging the compressor.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:44   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
and I usually drive post noon so I feel it a lot.
Sorry to hear it but:
Peak summer has just ended in Tamilnadu, and I am surprised myself that after 6 years and 1,28,000 kms+ mine still does a good job.
(Drove 100 kms highway drive in 39 Deg C with my family recently).
manim is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks