Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:03   #4501
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I am intrigued now
Guess he have access to Honda Blank Keys which he shaped it out for you. We must interview this gentleman to learn a few techniques
Making of the duplicate key was a two step process.
1. Fabrication of the duplicate key.
2. Duplication of the electronics of the key.
For the first part he used a computer controlled machine to copy the design of the original key onto a plane key.
For copying the electronics he wrapped a sensor around the original key and started my car twice. Then he went back to his shop and fed the codes onto a new sensor and fitted it into the new key.

That's what I saw.
Highflyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:14   #4502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello Little Bro,

We have discussed your case in detail here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t-dos-298.html

BTW, how is the key working?
Thanks big bro.
Got net connectivity after a long time so posted the info quickly lest somebody is conned by so called agencies authorized to do so.
The key is working great.

Planning to post about upgradation of tyres also. planning to write it well with pictures for better reading.

Friends I upgraded the tyres from stock ones to Michelin 205/65. Detailed posts is on its way.
Highflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 10:17   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Check the engine mounts.This has been discussed on this thread many times and you can find information on how to check if mount is ok.I think it's around page 112 or 113 of this thread.
Thanks dude. You are absolutely right. Checked it out myself and that's the only problem. Those pictures were very helpful. Bought the car, got it replaced and happily joined in the Civic owners club.

I should say this 300 page thread is simply a bible for Civic owners. I guess almost every possible problem has been addressed and discussed here. Awesome information
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 15:36   #4504
BANNED

Power Steering Blues

A friend of mine has a 2008 Civic with about 40,000km on the clock. The power steering has developed a small leak. The pump seems to be Ok. One hose was changed, this fixed the leak for some time. Now it is leaking again from some other place. Please advise. The dealer seems to be at sixes and sevens.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:44   #4505
BHPian

Re: Power Steering Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A friend of mine has a 2008 Civic with about 40,000km on the clock. The power steering has developed a small leak. The pump seems to be Ok. One hose was changed, this fixed the leak for some time. Now it is leaking again from some other place. Please advise. The dealer seems to be at sixes and sevens.
Hello Prof,

Pl ask Sumeet.

He had a similar issue some time back.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 18:24   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my case the Ps hose from pump to reservoir was leaking.There is another ps hose which goes from the resevoir to the pump which might need looking into.My mech simply determined by feeling the hose for oil stains.Also the serpentine belt was smeared by the oil.The ps pump was claimed to be overhauled by honda.The hose changed by my mech was located towards the firewall end of the hood.The oil level in the reservoir was always at less than min level with motor whine during mornings.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:37   #4507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Thanks dude. You are absolutely right. Checked it out myself and that's the only problem. Those pictures were very helpful. Bought the car, got it replaced and happily joined in the Civic owners club.

I should say this 300 page thread is simply a bible for Civic owners. I guess almost every possible problem has been addressed and discussed here. Awesome information
Congrats and welcome to the club.

I wish you a safe and enjoyable journey in your civic.
Highflyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 19:25   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
OT: Very true. Every car should have a similar thread. Sadly, they don't allow such threads anymore, and users have to fall back to the test drive threads. And, an ace Civic owner is conspicuous by his absence in this thread.
Old 24th June 2013, 21:36   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Though I don't have an exact answer, my experience regarding PS: There was this whistling noise (Dec 2011) when I was climbing hill-roads (Coonoor). I found the PS fluid splashed around the reservoir. A friendly contact I had with the Coimbatore Honda Dealer (80 kms away) sent me a mechanic the next day. He topped-up and I have the remaining for emergencies.

I now regularly check for any loss of PS fluid after long drives.
Till now there are no more leaks.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:18   #4510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope your friend has physically verified that there is a leak.

When I had given my car for the 55K service, I was told that there was a leak in the PS system, and they had topped it up for now. This was also recorded in the service history. Nothing serious, I was told , since the leak was minor. I was a bit worried, since I knew that the replacement cost of the PS would be a lot, in case the leak was major.

When I went for the 60K service, I told them to check the PS, and top up if required (in the meantime, of course, I had been regularly observing the PS reservoir, the level reamined same...no leak ).

After the service was completed, the SA told me that there was no leak in the PS, everything was perfect and he doesnt know how they noted down during the previous service that there was a leak .

I did not know what to make of this....this was one of the better Honda dealerships...and I was getting such conflicting reports between 2 services intervals. Anyway, I have now got into the habit of checking all the fluids more often, so that I can pre-empt any incident due to any leaks of any kind.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:32   #4511
BANNED

@Blue_Thunder; He has. The car was garaged for a year and this happened after a violent manoeuvre on the Highway. He contacted Honda and they reckon that the O-rings etc have gone dry and need to be replaced. Estimated cost Rs.16,000
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 11:34   #4512
BHPian

I have a 2008 AT. Since the last few days there has been a 'whirring' sound coming from the engine bay only when the RPM is around 2000 mark.

- Anything more than 2000, it disappears.
- RPM less than 2000, it disappears.
- This happens only when the AC is on.
- Without the AC the car is completely smooth and silent.

I read somewhere that it could be the serpentine belt but that doesn't seem to be the reason as it comes on only with the AC on. The SA at Magnum Honda also asked me to get the belt replaced. I got it checked with an independent garage run by a friend and he said it cannot be the belt and should be the AC clutch that is gone.

I am confused now. Any ideas? Anyone faced this problem?
Old 25th June 2013, 13:20   #4513
Senior - BHPian

Had uneven brake pad wear problem in my car and replaced all brake pads past weekend. Believe the two posts in my ownership thread also belong here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3157723

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3157727
Old 25th June 2013, 21:27   #4514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I have a 2008 AT. Since the last few days there has been a 'whirring' sound coming from the engine bay only when the RPM is around 2000 mark.

- Anything more than 2000, it disappears.
- RPM less than 2000, it disappears.
- This happens only when the AC is on.
- Without the AC the car is completely smooth and silent.

Hello,

It can even be AC compressor bearings.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:22   #4515
BHPian

Hi,

I have a Civic which had done 65K KMs. When I apply brakes, above speeds of 100 kmph there are vibrations in brake pedal and the whole car shudders. What might be the reason for it?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks