Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 19:04   #4591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_diavolo View Post
Car has clocked 85000 today and needs servicing. Honda told they will do a 'major' service, which got me scared....
Major service would probably include the u fuel strainer which costs a hefty 4.5k.I guess that they would probably change the transmission fluid along with the motor oil.
Spark plugs need to be changed every 10 years or 100k kms.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 17th July 2013 at 19:25.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 19:15   #4592
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Car has clocked 85000 today and needs servicing. Honda told they will do a 'major' service, ...
Strange...major services for the Civic occur every 20K kms. So, 80000kms, next 100000kms.

Was a major service not done at 80,000kms ?

Attaching the Civic service schedule for reference (Source : Sundaram Honda web-site).

http://www.sundarammotors.com/honda/...aintenance.xls

civic-maintenance.xls

Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 19:25   #4593
BHPian

Quote:
Car has clocked 85000 today and needs servicing. Honda told they will do a 'major' service, which got me scared. What is their major service and how much should 85k service normally cost?

- What would change at 100,000 kms, do i need to get certain things changed like spark plugs etc? (what is average life of the 4 spark plugs in civic?)
Here are my earlier posts on the 80K, 85K, 100K services on this thread.

80K is a 'major' service, so if already done it is minor at 85K.

100K is also a major one with sparks-plugs changed for the first time.
The engine coolant is also replaced (though Honda manual says it can go till 200K).

80K:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2283156

85K:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2370235

100K:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2670562

Spark-Plugs photos:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2671295
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 13:24   #4594
BHPian

Thank you all and specially Manim for the utmost possible information. You guys rock! No service has been done from 70k to 85k kms, hence will get major service done now and next major service done on 100k kms.

Only engine related problem I am experiencing is that the engine 'misses' upon every gear change when pulled from zero. Its like the car takes a quick deep breath upon every gear change, hence pulling is flawed. Realize it evidently even more when I am trying to push the car hard. Got injector cleaning done for no use, now the only thing I doubt is spark plugs causing this 'lag'.

What else could it be from your experience? I will get it sorted at this major service this week.
Old 18th July 2013, 21:12   #4595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all and specially Manim for the utmost possible information. You guys rock! No service has been done from 70k to 85k kms, hence will get major service done now and next major service done on 100k kms.

Only engine related problem I am experiencing is that the engine 'misses' upon every gear change when pulled from zero. Its like the car takes a quick deep breath upon every gear change, hence pulling is flawed. Realize it evidently even more when I am trying to push the car hard. Got injector cleaning done for no use, now the only thing I doubt is spark plugs causing this 'lag'.

What else could it be from your experience? I will get it sorted at this major service this week.
By a deep breath i am assuming that the car is hesitating a bit before lurching forward when accelerated.If this is the case then i had a similar issue which was solved by a throttle body cleaning and also maintaining the fuel above the low mark ie when the orange light glows.It's possible the fuel filter is clogged and causing the jerks though i am not sure.Thankfully i have not got the problem again and i also had the fuel filter changed. Below is the linky to my Civic's old fuel filter which was replaced.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2958993

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th July 2013 at 21:17.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:51   #4596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
I have an issue with the window controls. The switch for the passenger side window seems to be jammed. Apparently, this has caused the motor on the window to heat up and finally fail. The magnets on the motor are stuck to the coil. A new motor is about 9K (something i did not expect).

Has anyone seen similar failures? apparently there was a recall on a few City models because of a similar issue.
9K for a window-motor is too much. I bought one from Kashimiri Gate about a fortnight ago for 1600 bucks...
Old 19th July 2013, 16:02   #4597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
9K for a window-motor is too much. I bought one from Kashimiri Gate about a fortnight ago for 1600 bucks...
Hi,
Was the window motor for the Civic? or for some other car?

rgds
Old 19th July 2013, 17:25   #4598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
By a deep breath i am assuming that the car is hesitating a bit before lurching forward when accelerated.If this is the case then i had a similar issue which was solved by a throttle body cleaning and also maintaining the fuel above the low mark ie when the orange light glows.It's possible the fuel filter is clogged and causing the jerks though i am not sure.Thankfully i have not got the problem again and i also had the fuel filter changed. Below is the linky to my Civic's old fuel filter which was replaced.
I am not sure about this but I guess this can also happen if you have water / moisture in the fuel or fuel line.

On another note, what is the cost of the clutch master + slave cylinder combo for a Civic? I have been quoted 12 k by the service station. I did not agree to their diagnosis hence did not go ahead with the repairs.

Basically my car has a hard shift between 1st and 2nd gear when in motion (absolutely smooth in stationary condition). I know this can happen due to clutch issues, but I face this issue only between 1st and 2nd the remaining gears are shifting as they should be. I have read similar problems on the forum from other users. Any thought, please share.
Old 20th July 2013, 00:36   #4599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
That is a steal. can you tell me which shop in kashmere gate? I need to buy the tail lamp cluster for my civic. The right one is damaged and the A.S.S are quoting 8k.
Old 20th July 2013, 06:32   #4600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
That is a steal. can you tell me which shop in kashmere gate? I need to buy the tail lamp cluster for my civic. The right one is damaged and the A.S.S are quoting 8k.
I had got a quote of 1950 for one section of the tail lamp for the Civic here in a local shop in mumbai so i guess it should not be 8k something.
Old 20th July 2013, 06:40   #4601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had got a quote of 1950 for one section of the tail lamp for the Civic here in a local shop in mumbai so i guess it should not be 8k something.
It's 8k as quoted by the A.S.S as they prefer to change the entire cluster rather than one part of the tail lamp :/
Old 20th July 2013, 06:42   #4602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
It's 8k as quoted by the A.S.S as they prefer to change the entire cluster rather than one part of the tail lamp :/
What i meant is that it should not cost you 8K.. if done from outside HASS
Old 20th July 2013, 06:54   #4603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What i meant is that it should not cost you 8K.. if done from outside HASS
That's true. Which comes down to my original question...where do I go to get a genuine spare? I'm in delhi, have never stepped beyond the A.S.S realm, simply because there's nothing that goes wrong with this car, 6+ years hence :touchwood
Old 20th July 2013, 20:36   #4604
BHPian

Hello everyone, need your expert guidance. I have a 2007 V AT civic, which is all good except on cold start( mornings) there is a hard vibration until the engine warms up to optimal running temperature. This gets very severe when I put on reverse. There is vibration I feel even in the steering. The noise is kinda rumble only in the cabin, when I step out everything sounds normal.

When contacted the dealer in Chennai (Olympia), they inspected and say engine bed has cracked and they have to replace it. It will cost 8000. But when exploring through google, I see this as a engine mount issue.

Request your advice on thus to figure out if this is an engine mount issue or engine bed issue or both.
Old 20th July 2013, 20:46   #4605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Hello everyone, need your expert guidance. I have a 2007 V AT civic, which is all good except on cold start( mornings) there is a hard vibration until the engine warms up to optimal running temperature. This gets very severe when I put on reverse. There is vibration I feel even in the steering. The noise is kinda rumble only in the cabin, when I step out everything sounds normal.

When contacted the dealer in Chennai (Olympia), they inspected and say engine bed has cracked and they have to replace it. It will cost 8000. But when exploring through google, I see this as a engine mount issue.

Request your advice on thus to figure out if this is an engine mount issue or engine bed issue or both.
I believe the engine mount and bed are both the same thing. This is a very common issue with civic.You can get it changed from HASS or source it from outside where it can be had for roughly half of what HASS is asking.Make sure you go to a reliable garage who will offer at-least 1 year warranty on the mount if you decide the non-HASS way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks