Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 12:52   #4321
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Hi guys this is a pic of my civic's mount gap.I have been observing the gap for some time and it has reduced a bit since i checked it last month.I was able to slide in the civics ignition key before but now it does not go in.
I guess i am looking at a few thousand rs expense but the question is how soon do i need it to be changed.As of now i am yet to feel thuds and vibrations on start etc.The car still feels normal and i really can't make out any broken rubber parts etc.
Thanks.
An interesting development with my car's engine mount.I had gone for a drive to Marine drive and upon returning i popped open the hood to check on the mount.As i have mentioned before i am yet to feel any vibrations etc with respect to the engine , i noticed that the mount gap has increased.Previously (just last week) i was not able to slide the civic's ignition key between the mount gaps but when i tried the same today i was surprised to see the key again sliding inside without much force.

I am guess the mount being like a hydraulic shock absorber for the engine rocks back and forth a bit.Has anyone noticed a similar issue with their engine's mount.I do not know whether this is good ( that the mount may not need replacement soon) or bad (that the mount is rocking back and forth and is already kaput) news for me.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 21st April 2013 at 12:54.
Old 24th April 2013, 22:28   #4322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post

I don't have the estimate with me right now but AFAIK, Arya Honda bhandup where I'm getting the work done has estimated ~7.5-7.8k for the part and ~400 for labour which sounded about right with the figures quoted by other t-bhpians.
Did you get the mount changed ? Can you share the cost of same ?
Old 25th April 2013, 09:48   #4323
Senior - BHPian

Anyplace I can source the Honda civic 2006 steering wheel emblem? The chrome bit has chipped from mine and it looks pretty bad..
Old 25th April 2013, 10:02   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Anyplace I can source the Honda civic 2006 steering wheel emblem? The chrome bit has chipped from mine and it looks pretty bad..
Try ebay.in.Some folks had sourced honda stuff like pedals etc from same.Itnerds civic thread has the link i think.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 11:26   #4325
BANNED

I had to change RHS mount at 33k. I missed unofficial warranty of 5yrs by a month.. Honda declaimed my claim, and I had to replace it myself. Including parts, it came to Rs 8892.

Now I checked it, and see they replaced a triangular clamp also, which connects engine to mount. See a sample picture below. But they didn't return the original piece back.. Does the standard mount kit contains this also ?.. or should I suspect they replaced my good original with some local stuff ?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...43596791_n.jpg
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 11:59   #4326
Senior - BHPian

The bumpers of my 2007 civic has got a lot of scratches and some paint worn out. Looks pretty bad in a premium car. Can it be repaired? or do I need to buy new bumpers?
Old 28th April 2013, 12:09   #4327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bumpers of my 2007 civic has got a lot of scratches and some paint worn out. Looks pretty bad in a premium car. Can it be repaired? or do I need to buy new bumpers?
Nopes no need for new bumpers, just have them painted at a good shop.Better get it done before the onset of monsoon as the wet weather is not great for paint jobs.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:17   #4328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Nopes no need for new bumpers, just have them painted at a good shop.Better get it done before the onset of monsoon as the wet weather is not great for paint jobs.
Yeah. I was thinking the same. But there is one bit where the bumper plastic has been sheared away. Like its been scraped Off with a pointed object or something. can they fix that as well? And paint marks all over the rear bumpers..my neighbour painted his wall and screwed my car too :(

You recommend going to the A.S.S or an independent shop? How much do the A.S.S charge for a bumper paint job? Anyone knows a place in delhi where I can get it done?
Old 28th April 2013, 18:11   #4329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. I was thinking the same. But there is one bit where the bumper plastic has been sheared away. Like its been scraped Off with a pointed object or something. can they fix that as well? And paint marks all over the rear bumpers..my neighbour painted his wall and screwed my car too :(

You recommend going to the A.S.S or an independent shop? How much do the A.S.S charge for a bumper paint job? Anyone knows a place in delhi where I can get it done?
I am giving my civic tomorrow for painting two doors, front/rear bumpers, all skirts, two side mirrors to Bright Motors (Munna, Okhla).. total expect cost 14K. AceF355 also did full repaint of his civic from him and lots of other BHPians.. good quality at cheaper rates.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ack-lanes.html.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 08:26   #4330
Senior - BHPian

So after 3 years the first somewhat big shunt for the car :-(

A truck kissed the right rear corner. Casualties are the tail lamp and the fender. Bumper and boot escaped unscathed.

I'm going to claim insurance. I have Honda Assure. Tail lamp to be changed and denting and painting of the rear fender. Will be going tomorrow probably.

What is the price of the tail lamp? The hexagonal model. For Honda Assure, will I need to pay 30 or 50 percent?
Old 4th May 2013, 01:14   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So after 3 years the first somewhat big shunt for the car :-(

A truck kissed the right rear corner. Casualties are the tail lamp and the fender. Bumper and boot escaped unscathed.

I'm going to claim insurance. I have Honda Assure. Tail lamp to be changed and denting and painting of the rear fender. Will be going tomorrow probably.

What is the price of the tail lamp? The hexagonal model. For Honda Assure, will I need to pay 30 or 50 percent?
The tail lamp cost for the hexagonal one was quoted around 6k per unit when I checked 6-7 months back. Good to know that damage was limited to fender and lamp only. Take care mate.

Last edited by Arun Venugopal : 4th May 2013 at 01:17.
Old 5th May 2013, 20:55   #4332
Senior - BHPian

The clutch of my 2007 civic has become hard and when pressed, there is a noticeable creak. My car has run 75k kms. The thing is I checked the regular stuff...Car doesn't stall when I slot it in 1st gear and release the clutch, I am getting stellar mileage as always. So what could have gone wrong?

My car had got submerged last Oct..and this quirk has been there ever since I got it back from repair..any suggestions?

Also, since the previous post is about tail lamps, the glass of my tail lamp is broken, the lights work fine, so havnt bothered to get it fixed. I have the round shaped ones as its the older model? Will that be also for 6k? anywhere I can source it for a cheaper price?

Last edited by coolkurt : 5th May 2013 at 20:58.
Old 6th May 2013, 06:25   #4333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the round shaped ones as its the older model? Will that be also for 6k? anywhere I can source it for a cheaper price?
When I checked with the dealer once about it, I was told that the round taillights also cost around INR 5500. This was more than a year back, so the prices shouldn't have moved much now.

Has anybody in the forum had problems with the Ignition Coil in the Civic? I have sent my car to the dealership for 50K service and had complained about a 'jerk' when applying full throttle. This jerk isn't there always and is experienced randomly. The dealer is suspecting that the ignition coil is gone and would be confirming it today. With the Civic using stick type coils, I have also asked the SA to confirm whether all coils have problems or is it just one.

P.S - I searched this thread for ignition coil problems, but couldn't find one.
Old 6th May 2013, 08:14   #4334
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that the ignition coil thing is a widespread problem as such..I guess I'll look at getting the tail lamps replaced during the next service.

@All

The clutch of my 2007 civic has become hard and when pressed,
there is a noticeable creak. My car has run 75k kms. The thing is I
checked the regular stuff...Car doesn't stall when I slot it in 1st gear
and release the clutch, I am getting stellar mileage as always. So
what could have gone wrong?
My car had got submerged last Oct..and this quirk has been there
ever since I got it back from repair..any suggestions?
Old 8th May 2013, 19:54   #4335
BHPian

Friends,
I have booked a pre-owned Civic AT, S variant today. Its an Aug 2006 model with 58,000 KM on the odo. I test drove it and loved its smoothness. Then got it checked from the nearby Honda service center (general check priced Rs. 615) and apart from some cosmetic blemishes on the inside they didn't find anything wrong with the Mechanicals of the car. The car looks scratchless from outside, only the headlamps giving away its age.

The insurance is valid till July 2013 and I saw the RC of the car.
The dealer and I settled for a price of 4.10 lakh, inclusive of the registration transfer charges.

I plan to apply for a used car loan and then pay the remaining amount to the dealer by next week.

The experienced hands here can give me some tips anything that I am missing out here.
Its my first used car purchase and car loan application in India. Currently driving a 2010 Wagon R.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks