Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 21:58   #4171
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys i have noticed oil stains on the power steering hose pipe.I hope it's not a sign of leakage though oil level in the reservoir seems ok.
It looks like just stains to me. As long as the level of oil in the reservoir has not visibly gone down, there shouldn't be any problem. By the way, this is the new power steering hose that you got replaced a few months back, isn't it?
Old 20th February 2013, 09:07   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Folks,

VineetG has replaced his brake pads at around 13000/-.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3006459

I am also facing this issue.

But I remember frankmehta paid much less for his non-nissin pads.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2945239

Are these costs OK?
Hi, weren't there some posts as reply to frankmehta on the brake replacement made? Like in, there were pictures uploaded which shows the original and duplicate pads. I searched for them quickly but couldn't find them. Please check for those pictures before buying. Meanwhile I will also try to find them.

EDIT:
Here it is, I was searching the wrong thread earlier
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...erience-2.html

Check for the post by sushrutha

Last edited by sarathlal : 20th February 2013 at 09:12.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 22:37   #4173
BHPian

People,

Got my 60K servicing done yesterday. The damage was 8364.00.

I also got my wheel balancing done. Later I noticed that my Front Wheels' caster values were beyond the Limit.

The report is posted in the next post due to a snafu. I have marked the suspicious bits with a red circle. Requesting all for comparison with their wheel balancing reports and their valuable comments.

The pages of the invoice are given below: -
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-honda-servicing.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-honda-servicing-3.jpg  

Last edited by skdking : 20th February 2013 at 22:46.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:44   #4174
BHPian

The balancing report: -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf honda servicing 2.pdf (156.1 KB, 391 views)
Old 21st February 2013, 17:28   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
People,

Got my 60K servicing done yesterday. The damage was 8364.00.

I also got my wheel balancing done. Later I noticed that my Front Wheels' caster values were beyond the Limit.

The report is posted in the next post due to a snafu. I have marked the suspicious bits with a red circle. Requesting all for comparison with their wheel balancing reports and their valuable comments.

The pages of the invoice are given below: -
The castor angles are alright. The specs given in the report are wrong. It is supposed to be 7 plus or minus 0.5.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 19:49   #4176
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am the latest victim of the unpopular engine mount issue. I have been witnessing the shudders for a few months now and it is worsening esp during cold starts. The pics posted by arvi86 were an eye opener. In my Civic, I am able to barely insert just two 1 rupee coins (you dont get a 5 rupee coin when you really need one !). I will let the pic do the talking.

Am yet to reach out to the HASS on this. Had a visit planned anyways, so will pick this up as well. I do not know how easy or difficult a task it would be to get it replaced under warranty. My car is a March 2010 model with 10400 kms as on date and is currently under extended warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20130221_180345.jpg  

Last edited by rr_zen : 21st February 2013 at 19:51.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:55   #4177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Looks like I am the latest victim of the unpopular engine mount issue.
My car is a March 2010 model with 10400 kms as on date and is currently under extended warranty.
So a post facelift version also identified with this problem.
The general perception was, it is one thing that was solved with the facelift, this is bad :(
Old 24th February 2013, 12:44   #4178
BHPian

Guys,
A small query regarding my civic 07 MT.The HASS guys made me replace my front two lower arms when i went for my 30k paid service last week.But later i had gone through some threads here on Civic's and got to know many members changing the bushes only.I paid around 11k for the new control Arms (Front LH/RH).Is it a RIP OFF ??or just changing the bushes were enough? My steering were a bit tight prior to this and the ball joints also needed to be replaced. But that work was not carried out as they didnt have the ball joints in stock but then i was told replacing the Control arms will atleast better the condition for time being and i let them go ahead with the control arm replacment. But After spending close to 18k (Including thw 30k service i dont see any improvement watsoever
Old 24th February 2013, 13:23   #4179
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, only the bushes have a problem. But the HASS guys will not do that for you. I did not agree to the replacement with the HASS and went to another HASS for my next service. The second HASS advised that there will be no problems and replacement is not essential. I have continued with this front lower arms condition for 3 years now with no noticeable issues, other than a slight creaking sound over speed breakers.

But maybe some other knowledgeable members may help with more.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 14:00   #4180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Guys,
A small query regarding my civic 07 MT.The HASS guys made me replace my front two lower arms when i went for my 30k paid service last week.But later i had gone through some threads here on Civic's and got to know many members changing the bushes only.I paid around 11k for the new control Arms (Front LH/RH).Is it a RIP OFF ??or just changing the bushes were enough? My steering were a bit tight prior to this and the ball joints also needed to be replaced. But that work was not carried out as they didnt have the ball joints in stock but then i was told replacing the Control arms will atleast better the condition for time being and i let them go ahead with the control arm replacment. But After spending close to 18k (Including thw 30k service i dont see any improvement watsoever
Dude HASS ripping off customers is not new.Have been a victim myslelf. My sincere advice to you and everyone else, if the cost of repair is expensive do not jump the gun and go for it but always get a second (or third) opinion.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 14:06   #4181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Dude HASS ripping off customers is not new.Have been a victim myslelf. My sincere advice to you and everyone else, if the cost of repair is expensive do not jump the gun and go for it but always get a second (or third) opinion.
Ha! Sumeet took the words off my mouth (or phone keypad, where I'm typing).
HASS as with MASS and TASS need to be taken with a pinch of salt and healthy dose of scepticism. If they recommend major work, I'd suggest to get it verified by an independent trusty mechanic or failing that another HASS.
I've compared my cars assessments between 2 HASS's here and both came up with different problems with my car with costs going upto rs. 30k.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 21:12   #4182
Team-BHP Support

Question for civic owners. With honda discontinuing the civic for the "foreseeable" future, do you think getting parts will be a problem for existing cars? I have an August 09 automatic that's done around 45k kms. Ideally, I wouldn't mind holding on to the car for another 2 years at least and possible as much as 3-4 years. The car is fabulously maintained generally speaking but just wondering ... how much should I be concerned about ongoing maintenance, including any out of the ordinary issues if I choose to own it for a few more years.

Just in case it's relevant, I am based in mumbai.

Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 21:29   #4183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Question for civic owners. With honda discontinuing the civic for the "foreseeable" future, do you think getting parts will be a problem for existing cars? I have an August 09 automatic that's done around 45k kms. Ideally, I wouldn't mind holding on to the car for another 2 years at least and possible as much as 3-4 years. The car is fabulously maintained generally speaking but just wondering ... how much should I be concerned about ongoing maintenance, including any out of the ordinary issues if I choose to own it for a few more years.

Just in case it's relevant, I am based in mumbai.

Thanks

Honda's and Toyota's are famous for maintaining generations of a model. To win the customer faith, they are famous in keeping the availability of spares for their older generations as well. OHC owners in the forum can vouch for this.
So, I would say not to worry much about this situation, even if its true.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 01:07   #4184
BHPian

Can anyone here tell me how much i have to shell out for replacing the ball joints and tie rod end for Civic (Both Honda and after market ones)
Old 26th February 2013, 12:55   #4185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Looks like I am the latest victim of the unpopular engine mount issue. I have been witnessing the shudders for a few months now and it is worsening esp during cold starts. The pics posted by arvi86 were an eye opener. In my Civic, I am able to barely insert just two 1 rupee coins (you dont get a 5 rupee coin when you really need one !). I will let the pic do the talking.

Am yet to reach out to the HASS on this. Had a visit planned anyways, so will pick this up as well. I do not know how easy or difficult a task it would be to get it replaced under warranty. My car is a March 2010 model with 10400 kms as on date and is currently under extended warranty.
Had been to the HASS yesterday and given to understand that the mount is fine and does not have a problem. However, the SA acknowledged the shudder at slow speeds and adjusted the clutch after which I am finding it a tad better. So, I am not a victim after all as yet !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks