Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 19:20   #4036
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks. Will try someplace outside.

Another issue that has been boggling me is the aux input. The 2006 civic doesnt have an aux port. I have been trying to find some place which will do the job for me. the HASS ( mathura road, new delhi) refused to do it. I have heard some dealerships do manage to get it done. I am not confident of taking it apart and installing it myself by following the DIY tutorial.

Has anyone got it done? Does anybody know which dealership in NCR can do this for me? Or any music accessories/ speakers/woofer installation guy can install the aux input?
Really looking forward to a solution.
Hi CoolKurt, I have send you a PM for a store that does that in NCR.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 23:50   #4037
BHPian

Not sure if you want to go that route iTNerd, but you can get a USB port installed in your civic (in the glove box) at a cost of less than 2K. It will play the songs from the same place where you stopped last time even after switching off the ignition. You can get this done from the accessories shop in Lajpat Nagar, Karol Bagh or Khan Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi CoolKurt, I have send you a PM for a store that does that in NCR.
Old 12th December 2012, 23:59   #4038
BHPian

Any help on this one please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Does anyone have a video of the noise level of civic running at optimum temperature. I feel my civic has a mild noise. Although there is no noise that is audible inside the cabin, however when I park the car in the basement, I hear a mild noise inside the cabin. When I stand next to the hood, I hear a mild noise (like Tappets). Some of my friends have told me that civic's engine is dead silent and this noise is not normal.

Anyone has a video or an audio recording?
Old 13th December 2012, 00:14   #4039
BHPian

Remove the Bumper and fix it on the spare holes which are given in front of the radiator cross member and put back the bumper. In this location the horn would be covered from direct water entry.

Or second place is again remove the bumper behind the fog lights where the stock horn is placed try to fit it there as far as i remember Bosch windtone will fit there but roots wont, but this location is prone for water entry hence horn can get conked in rainy season.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 00:37   #4040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you want to go that route iTNerd, but you can get a USB port installed in your civic (in the glove box) at a cost of less than 2K. It will play the songs from the same place where you stopped last time even after switching off the ignition. You can get this done from the accessories shop in Lajpat Nagar, Karol Bagh or Khan Market.
hehe, I already have the USB in the arm rest box as stock (mine is a facelift Civic 2009 with the aux/USB inputs).

On the side note, has anyone bought the AVN-R double din unit from MapMyIndia? Here is the link http://www.mapmyindia.com/in-dash-av...r-honda-civic#. Nicely integrated and of course, have inbuilt MapMyIndia GPS. Only lacking is the DVD support. Just wondering how is the quality. I am thinking of getting a double din swap with bluetooth/hand free feature. A friend of mine recommended the Pioneer AVH-P8490BT (cost around 26K) but does not have GPS!

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th December 2012 at 00:43.
Old 13th December 2012, 00:40   #4041
BHPian

Sorry, iTNerd, that message was intended for Coolkurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hehe, I already have the USB in the arm rest box as stock (mine is a facelift Civic 2009 with the aux/USB inputs).
Old 13th December 2012, 07:15   #4042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any help on this one please?
Must be the serpentine belt's auto-tensioner loosening its hold on the belt up a little. I've had this sound from day 1 in my car. Please look at older posts in this thread by member "dot" (as well as his ownership thread) on how he got it alleviated (not fixed entirely).

Nothing to worry about, frankly.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 07:38   #4043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings.
What I was looking for was a aux input drilled into the dash, below the cig lighter, in the 2006 civic. Want to preserve the OEM look as much as possible. I prefer the aux as I want to control music from my ipod/phone. Much more convenient imo. Can the accessories shop @lajpat nagar get that done?

@ITnerd

Is such a setup possible by Automarc?

Last edited by coolkurt : 13th December 2012 at 08:00.
Old 13th December 2012, 09:36   #4044
BHPian

Not sure about the Aux port installation coolkurt. You may check with one of the accessories shop out there. BTW, the USB port that they install does not impact the stock look of the car at all. No drills or any modification on the looks, they simply connect the wire to the back of the HU and draw the wire from underneath the dash directly into the glove box and leave the port in the glove box. If anyone sits in the car, he can never make out that there is a USB port installed in this car unless he opens the glove box. Anyways, your requirement is a little different as you want to control your music through IPOD, so definitely AUX would be the right choice.
[quote=coolkurt;2988826]Greetings.
What I was looking for was a aux input drilled into the dash, below the cig lighter, in the 2006 civic. Want to preserve the OEM look as much as possible. I prefer the aux as I want to control music from my ipod/phone. Much more convenient imo. Can the accessories shop @lajpat nagar get that done?
Old 13th December 2012, 10:28   #4045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the Aux port installation coolkurt. You may check with one of the accessories shop out there. BTW, the USB port that they install does not impact the stock look of the car at all. No drills or any modification on the looks, they simply connect the wire to the back of the HU and draw the wire from underneath the dash directly into the glove box and leave the port in the glove box. If anyone sits in the car, he can never make out that there is a USB port installed in this car unless he opens the glove box. Anyways, your requirement is a little different as you want to control your music through IPOD, so definitely AUX would be the right choice.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, the solution you provided was apt for usb installation. I am looking for an aux in. I have heard its possible. have seen pictures on the web where the aux input port has been drilled into place below the cig lighter.
I will try the place ITNerd suggested.
Old 13th December 2012, 22:31   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks. Will try someplace outside.

Another issue that has been boggling me is the aux input. The 2006 civic doesnt have an aux port. I have been trying to find some place which will do the job for me. the HASS ( mathura road, new delhi) refused to do it. I have heard some dealerships do manage to get it done. I am not confident of taking it apart and installing it myself by following the DIY tutorial.

Has anyone got it done? Does anybody know which dealership in NCR can do this for me? Or any music accessories/ speakers/woofer installation guy can install the aux input?
Really looking forward to a solution.
Hello,

Is there anyone who successfully got this setup (USB+AUX) done in Mumbai? A friend of mine bought a 06 civic and was eyeing at getting this done. However, was clueless of who can do a clean job. Any cues in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 23:14   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Remove the Bumper and fix it on the spare holes which are given in front of the radiator cross member and put back the bumper. In this location the horn would be covered from direct water entry.

Or second place is again remove the bumper behind the fog lights where the stock horn is placed try to fit it there as far as i remember Bosch windtone will fit there but roots wont, but this location is prone for water entry hence horn can get conked in rainy season.
Thanks, I think the space on the radiator cross member would be ideal. Will check out on that feasibility.
Also while watching one DIY, saw that accord horn being used as a replacement. Whats the opinion on this? Is accord horn costlier than the windstone?

Also sharing this video on bumper removal DIY, explained wonderfully well. Hope it helps someone:
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 00:21   #4048
BHPian

The horn of the Indian Accord and Civic is the SAME. No difference so doesnt make any sense to put that.
Infact I feel the Horn of the Brio is better than the Civic or Accord or CRV

I hate Stock Horns or Hondas and Marutis they dont have punch in them to move a humble cyclewalla too!
Old 14th December 2012, 09:20   #4049
BANNED

Quote:
On the Brio the horn sound is not muffled by the bumper.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:23   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats surprising to me because I test drove the Brio (Auto) and felt the horn was outright poor when compared to that of my Civic. Not sure if Honda is using more than one brand of horn on its cars.

Also, have tried the horn of the City and its pathetic. The Civc has a dual horn if am right and hence I feel its better than that of the City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks