Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 12:55   #4066
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Can anyone help me out by posting links to order performance break pads for civic (2006) from any US website. Hawk,mintex or any other similar pad will do. Just want to be doublly sure on exact part/model number before ordering.
Old 20th December 2012, 23:17   #4067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello Coolkurt.

Can you please share the brand name or the any other details of this attachment?

If we can procure this attachment from somewhere at a cheaper price, using the steps as in the DIY, we can get this done from any audio shop.

All that will be required are another 500 bucks as labor charges. So, we stand to save quite a lot then
See, you dont get a aux-in port. The guy at gemcar just used a cable, connected the necessary wires at the back of the HU. The aux cable is loose, comes out from behind the dash and rests near the gearbox. All I need to listen to music is plug the cable into my pod/phone, press the CD/Aux button and i'm good to go.
Rs 1500.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 15:26   #4068
Senior - BHPian

Noticed yesterday that a wheel nut is missing from the right rear :(

Don't feel like driving 40kms (up/down) to the workshop to get one. Any online options?
Old 21st December 2012, 16:08   #4069
BANNED

@shuvc; No risk in driving down. There are high tensile steel. You may try the better spare part shops. The sizes are pretty universal, all share only a few sizes.
Old 21st December 2012, 16:35   #4070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Thanks Vineet for confirming this. Can you check the price in case you happen to speak to them or visit them. Will be handy information for lot of Honda owners.

:
Hi Vivek,
The price for the windshield buffing to remove scratches etc is INR 1500+ Tax for Honda civic at Ring Road Honda.
Hope that helps

rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 21:46   #4071
BHPian

The preworshipped 2006's OEM HU has gone bad. CD MECH ERROR shows up while using CD option. All attempts to load disc are in vain. CD 's are ejected back. All 6 CD's are out, so I don't see any disc jamming the system.. I want to retain the stock feel, so AUX-in as discussed above sounds viable. Does the Bass/Treble in HU work with AUX hack ? Any pointers if I can get it repaired it for cheap (within 1000 bucks). I will replace the HU, only if following conditions are met
1. Budget: within 10K
2. USB support, Bluetooth integration and Remote control on steering with new HU
3. HU integrates well with cabin's layout
Old 24th December 2012, 11:32   #4072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
Does the Bass/Treble in HU work with AUX hack ?
Yes, bass treble controls will work.

Quote:
Any pointers if I can get it repaired it for cheap (within 1000 bucks).
I have got the CD MECH ERROR thrice so far. Costs around Rs. 2,500 to fix. I got it done at an audio shop on the road behind Jayadeva Cardiology Institute (Jayanagar). I think the name of the shop is TMC Electronics - not sure though.

If you ask me, I would recommend that you get this fixed only if you intend to sell the car. For now, use the Aux-in port. I'm actually using an USB to Aux-in converter after I got the CD MECH ERROR for the third time.

Time to bid adieu to your CDs.

Last edited by SmartCat : 24th December 2012 at 11:33.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 14:36   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If you ask me, I would recommend that you get this fixed only if you intend to sell the car. For now, use the Aux-in port. I'm actually using an USB to Aux-in converter after I got the CD MECH ERROR for the third time.

Time to bid adieu to your CDs.
USB to Aux-in converter sounds like a plan. Where can I get one installed in bangalore and how much damage can I expect ? Is there any possibility that I can change tracks from HU buttons.
Old 24th December 2012, 14:42   #4074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
USB to Aux-in converter sounds like a plan. Where can I get one installed in bangalore and how much damage can I expect ? Is there any possibility that I can change tracks from HU buttons.
Check this -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2730077
Buy online if you want good quality ones.

You can't change tracks using the head unit. But you do get a remote on relatively expensive converters.

Last edited by SmartCat : 24th December 2012 at 14:43.
Old 25th December 2012, 20:54   #4075
BHPian

I followed instructions in civic06auxguide.pdf.

The DIY was a fail as the CD stacker shows CD BUSY and pressing "CD" twice does not enter AUX mode. I have debugged everything. The last hope for me is if there is a secret code to enable AUX mode when CD mode is bad. Or, may be a grounding is required ?? Need help here asap

Some interesting finds/DIYs:
1. System connector #2 has pins #4 and #5 attached to rear seat remote control (they are mentioned wrongly as not used). This is the same that can be used for front steering control.
2. I used motherboard cable headers (speaker out from motherboard to cabinet speaker)
3. Drilled a hole in the top plastic panel (near 12DC cig. lighter adapter)
4. Have ordered SWITCH ASSY, AUTO CRUISE AND AUDIO REMOTE . $95 with shipping to India. Expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks.
5. Instead of having AUX female socket, I have used a male socket, which is lengthy and rests in the glove area near cigarette lighter.
6. Additionally I repaired a door sill plate lighting which had gone bad in due course of time.

Would appreciate if some DIYer can share how they hooked up cruise control/where can I hook it up.

If you are interested in the DIY where I removed the panels, so let me know. There are similar images in the thread with panels removed, so it will not be a value add.

Things required to do this DIY (I did not see any risk/issues, you too can be confident)
1. one Philips screwdriver
2. one pen knife
3. motherboard header wire (Use 3 strands)
4. 2-3 goose neckties
5. male-male aux cable. Cut one end and join with the motherboard header
6. Multimeter for debugging
7. long screwdriver with wide and flat head
8. Insulation tape
9. Drilling machine (at room) to drill a hole in plastic panel offline in my room to pass auxillary cable through it.

I did not any soldering

Last edited by devsoftech : 25th December 2012 at 21:05.
Old 26th December 2012, 23:21   #4076
BHPian

I have resolved the AUX port issue . The PDF document is missing a very important piece - You need to short #6 (AUXG) and #16 (AUXD). The AUX in works flawlessly since then. I have physically detached the CD stacker system and the HU works without the CD stacker. Fitting back the console and panels was a breeze and got over in less than 10 mins. As I have removed the CD stacker, AUX mode is accessible in single push of "CD/AUX" button. Bass/Treble works seamlessly.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:57   #4077
BHPian

I need help from fellow bhpians. I have the infamous engine mount issue which Honda claims doesn't exist and is refusing to honor warranty.
I request people to please share their car number/job sheet no along with the dealer name so that I can prove to Honda that this issue exists and engine mounts have been replaced under warranty.

Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 09:34   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I need help from fellow bhpians. I have the infamous engine mount issue which Honda claims doesn't exist and is refusing to honor warranty.
I request people to please share their car number/job sheet no along with the dealer name so that I can prove to Honda that this issue exists and engine mounts have been replaced under warranty.

Thanks
Hi,
Please call up Honda 121 directly and lodge the issue. As i had mentioned earlier in one of my posts, the dealer did not replace the engine mount under warranty. I paid for it. But after reading about replacements in this forum, i contacted Honda 121 directly and the next day, the dealer refunded the money to me.

Rgds
Old 30th December 2012, 11:17   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post

Thanks
Please read my earlier posts of previous months here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2898649 (Honda Civic Maintenance and Service Costs and Must dos)

I have got my mounts changed. My posts are self explanatory.

If you have any queries further, pl shoot.

Last edited by skdking : 30th December 2012 at 11:18.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 11:28   #4080
BHPian

Called up Honda 121, but :(
I have paid up for now. For sure, my next car is not going to be a Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks