Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 12:15   #2836
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I downloaded the file of the above link, today.

However then on, no file in the folder worked. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Do send me a PM with your personal email id (attaching files does not work in the PM system) and I will send a pdf copy to you from my personal email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I had asked the servant to dispose it, but luckily he got it back for me for taking these photos.
The tip seems to be very clean, as one can expect from a spark plug which has done a full service.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 12:22   #2837
Senior - BHPian

MRP of these spark plugs is Rs.4,300/- including all taxes.

Why did Honda charged you 4,538.32 ?
Old 6th February 2012, 16:58   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
MRP of these spark plugs is Rs.4,300/- including all taxes.

Why did Honda charged you 4,538.32 ?
Maybe prices have been revised, I did not ask since they did an excellent job overall. (I spent the whole service time roaming near the car from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm).

I saw rust forming underneath the car on the exhaust system and silencer and am planning to do 3M under-body treatment next service. Rate quoted was Rs.2,500 + taxes.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:07   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I downloaded the file of the above link, today.

Then I opened the rar file and got a folder called 'Civic 06 4d'. So far so good.

However then on, no file in the folder worked. EsmStart.exe is the only executable file in the folder but clicking on it produces no action. Nada. Zilch.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Open the html file (hondaesm.html) in root folder and it will load the service manual with a navigation tree on the left side. The firstscreen is shown below with "General Information" menu clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-civic-manual.jpg  

Last edited by vasoo : 7th February 2012 at 11:11.
vasoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 16:10   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Dakshin Honda claiming that senior officials from Honda are visiting them and would like to schedule feedback meetings with Civic owners sometime this week. Did anybody else get this call?
Old 7th February 2012, 16:17   #2841
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got a call from Dakshin Honda claiming that senior officials from Honda are visiting them and would like to schedule feedback meetings with Civic owners sometime this week. Did anybody else get this call?
Haven't got the call yet but if you are going, just let the senior officials know that rear suspension is the only thing that's wrong with the Civic and ask them to offer existing customers some kind of stiffened rear suspension upgrade package. Push for a free upgrade but let them know that we might be willing to pay too if upgrade is reasonably priced
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 22:17   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IF you are going to attend ,kindly highlight the notorious engine mount problem?

thanks
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 22:37   #2843
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If possible, please mention the engine noise issue that many Civics have. Or show them my ownership thread!! Or even better, call me at that time. I am serious.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:38   #2844
BHPian

Today, after about 5 minutes of driving, the ABS indicator in the instrument cluster came on. I switched off, and on, but it didn't go away. So I drove straight to Dakshin Honda. They diagnosed it to a defect in a "speed sensor" in the right rear wheel. Rs 4300 to replace, but no part in stock. May take up to 15 days. They say it is safe to drive, so now I keep my speeds below 60kmph.

Anybody went through this before? Is it really safe to drive? I don't have a backup transport.

Last edited by civic-sense : 12th February 2012 at 21:42.
Old 12th February 2012, 21:45   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Today, after about 5 minutes of driving the ABS indicator started to glow, and I drove straight to Dakshin Honda. They diagnosed it to a defect in a "speed sensor" in the right rear wheel. Rs 4300 to replace, but no part in stock. May take up to 15 days. They say it is safe to drive, so now I keep my speeds below 60kmph. Anybody went through this before? Is it really safe to drive? I don't have a backup transport.
How much kms has your car done, and how many years/months old is it ?
Has the warranty expired?

Having done 1-lakh kms and nearing five years old I am worried that parts may start to fail in my car too.

After my 1-lakh service the car feels much better. The gear-changes are more smoother thanks to the replaced Auto-Transmission-Fluid.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:27   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Today, after about 5 minutes of driving, the ABS indicator in the instrument cluster came on. I switched off, and on, but it didn't go away. So I drove straight to Dakshin Honda. They diagnosed it to a defect in a "speed sensor" in the right rear wheel. Rs 4300 to replace, but no part in stock. May take up to 15 days. They say it is safe to drive, so now I keep my speeds below 60kmph.

Anybody went through this before? Is it really safe to drive? I don't have a backup transport.
Sensors are rugged, but some fail prematurely.

No need to panic, the algorithms will take care of the failure to sense speed from one of the wheels by mathematical interpolation. This may not be as accurate as if there were a sensor, but in most cases will help ECU make a decision.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:37   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
How much kms has your car done, and how many years/months old is it ?
Has the warranty expired?
2006 sep model, 57k done.
Quote:
Having done 1-lakh kms and nearing five years old I am worried that parts may start to fail in my car too.
One of my worries too. I have not owned any car that has done more than 50K kms. Well, except the Honda Accord I owned in the US, which had 120K miles (2L kms) on the odo when I bought it. .
Quote:
After my 1-lakh service the car feels much better. The gear-changes are more smoother thanks to the replaced Auto-Transmission-Fluid.
I checked the service history yesterday. Looks like the AT fluid was never changed. So I might opt for a fluid change along with the sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Sensors are rugged, but some fail prematurely.

No need to panic, the algorithms will take care of the failure to sense speed from one of the wheels by mathematical interpolation. This may not be as accurate as if there were a sensor, but in most cases will help ECU make a decision.
Thanks. I wanted to test whether ABS was working or not by simulating a panic braking. But was scared as I was worried whether I would end up wrecking the whole system.

Last edited by civic-sense : 12th February 2012 at 22:44.
Old 13th February 2012, 09:19   #2848
BANNED

I had a very interesting experience on Saturday. We had gone to Agra (all NH2-GQ) and on the way back tanked op on the highway. As the traffic was heavy I was mostly in the 80-95 kph (peak about 108) range. I was amazed to see the kpl indicator go up to 18.8 for quite some time, and stay at 18.7-18.8 for a considerable length of time. I though such figures are not normally there on the AT except with free-wheeling etc. When I tanked up on my return I had a 17kpl plus figure.

Nor resetting of ECU etc.
Old 13th February 2012, 09:56   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I had a very interesting experience on Saturday. We had gone to Agra (all NH2-GQ) and on the way back tanked op on the highway. As the traffic was heavy I was mostly in the 80-95 kph (peak about 108) range. I was amazed to see the kpl indicator go up to 18.8 for quite some time, and stay at 18.7-18.8 for a considerable length of time. I though such figures are not normally there on the AT except with free-wheeling etc. When I tanked up on my return I had a 17kpl plus figure.

Nor resetting of ECU etc.
It is perfectly normal.I have got figures much above 20 KMPL (all the way till 26.9 KPML, had uploaded a photo in an earlier post) without any freewheeling.A difference of 1-1.5 KMPL between KPL indicator and Tank ful calculation is also on expected lines.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:24   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was mostly in the 80-95 kph (peak about 108) range
Same for me, at those steady speeds (85 kmph), the Civic-AT gives astonishing FE (17+ kmpl).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks