Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 19:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

got my 25k service done yesterday. 1200Rs.
got the brake pads cleaned and suspension retorqued.

Civic doing great!!
Old 13th February 2009, 21:21   #77
Senior - BHPian

Question : Do you do your services at ODO distances or based on time?
Old 13th February 2009, 21:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

I go as per my ODO. It is 26k.
Old 13th February 2009, 21:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

odo - mostly. Even other wise in 3 to 4 months I'll do 5k. All the same
Old 14th February 2009, 01:58   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
odo - mostly. Even other wise in 3 to 4 months I'll do 5k. All the same
Is it not 5k or 3 month, to keep guarantee valid ?
Old 14th February 2009, 14:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

If service is always done at the same authorised service centre, 3-4 months is ok, as they know your vehicle and hence not an issue. But if the delay is more - probably yes!
Old 20th February 2009, 10:07   #82
BHPian

I finished my free servicings from the honda authorized service station, I have heard a lot of horror stories about the service center, so should I get it serviced from outside.
Also what should be the ideal frequency of servicing, the car does not get driven a lot.
What all should be checked during the servicing?
Old 20th February 2009, 11:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
I finished my free servicings from the honda authorized service station, I have heard a lot of horror stories about the service center, so should I get it serviced from outside.
Also what should be the ideal frequency of servicing, the car does not get driven a lot.
I would say generally leave it to your authorised Honda SS. If you do have any issues, try another Honda A SS (:lol). If you go outside it WILL void your warranty.

Maybe I can clear several misconceptions some civic/honda owners have:
1. The oil is NOT recommended to be changed till at least 5k km. I drive less so oil was changed after 1 year. This is because the initial oil contains molybdenum and other special additives required for correct bedding in of engine parts. Please do NOT go and change it in 1 month or 1k km.
2. Service interval as others have stated is 3 months or 5k km whichever is earlier.
3. Oil change interval is 6 months or 10k km whichever is earlier.
4. During the service they mostly torque the suspension, check everything on the PC (believe me, in the civic everything connects to the ECM/ECU and all sensor data is logged) and carry out usual inspection of boots, clean throttle body, air filter, check all fluid levels/leaks, etc.
5. Other work carried out is as per maintenance schedule in your manual and/or as advised by Honda. Apparently the coolant/plugs are supposed to last a decade!!!

Due to 'Indian' conditions, Honda has felt it necessary to check your car every 3 months / 5k km (also helps the dealers, btw).

I usually get into their 'package' deals - usually you save 30-40% over a 2 year period, plus for small stuff they do not keep charging you.
Old 20th February 2009, 21:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeet View Post
Do all your services from the A.S.S during warranty. If you miss even a single one from them, they are free to void it. Nothing usually goes wrong with the car, but then again, why take chances?
Old 21st February 2009, 01:26   #85
BHPian

Guys..

i was owning Verna Sx CRDI ABS for last 1 year..just got a CIVIC V MT..though its an Aug 2008 model(5k in its Odo), just wanted to check if there is any change in mielage before & after 1st or 2nd service?

What was the mileage before & after?
Old 21st February 2009, 15:48   #86
Senior - BHPian

Before and after FE? Not much difference really. First 1k km = terrible FE usually for any car, thereafter should be stable. I get consistent FE for AT between 6-8 km/l in city and 11-13 km/l highway.
Old 21st February 2009, 19:08   #87
BANNED

wheel alignment

I did my first wheel alignment as my car/civic crossed 6k (in one year). Service guys says, only 'toe' can be adjusted in civic, but not camber and caster. Is this true ?

During alignment, they put some jack kind of stuff between steering and seat to keep it up-tight. But does this applicable for cars with tilt steering ?.

And finally, my steering is position is bit turned to left, instead of straight. I went back, he adjusted it again.. but its still same. I know it can be rectified, and I will get it done on my next service with Honda.

I did this in XL tyre point, Anna Nagar, and not impressed. Rs 400.
Old 21st February 2009, 23:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Before and after FE? Not much difference really. First 1k km = terrible FE usually for any car, thereafter should be stable. I get consistent FE for AT between 6-8 km/l in city and 11-13 km/l highway.
My Civic V-AT used to give around 7 hm/l but as kms have mounted it has now nudged to about 8 km/l in the city with AC on always and about at least 2 hrs idle time per tankfull.
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:27   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. I have signed up for the Yearly Maintenance plan at the Honda dealership and have specifically mentioned them to use Synthetic Oil on the next service for my Civic. How can I find out, if they really changed the oil to synthetic?
Old 22nd February 2009, 13:04   #90
BHPian

Any info on FE for a MT civic?

Most Viewed