Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 19:45   #121
Senior - BHPian

I revved my car every day for the last fill up including two nights of absolute nutty driving (accelerator on the floor/brakes on the floor, trying to keep up with a MIVEC V6). I still got 9KMPL. I crawl along in peak traffic and I get 8.5 for the fill up after. This for an A/T. I have nothing more to say.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 15th April 2009 at 19:48.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:32   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I revved my car every day for the last fill up including two nights of absolute nutty driving (accelerator on the floor/brakes on the floor, trying to keep up with a MIVEC V6). I still got 9KMPL.
which roads in trivandrum yaar for this rip?
The only roads i used to rip my rx100 was kaudiar - vellaymbealam road and ulloor to srikaryam.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:41   #123
BHPian

@Immortalz: We seem to have cars running on parallel lines. Both 2008 cars and have run about the same till date. I have clocked about 6250 km till date.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:54   #124
Senior - BHPian

It's past midnight. Every road is a good candidate The MIVEC chase was from Kaudiar -> Vazhuthacaud -> Thampanoor and then to Manacaud. I then revved the valves off my car till my home, about 3-4 KMs from there. It was the most exhilarating, scary, and VTEC filled ~5 minutes of my life.

That and my gym timings at 05:30 also help.

@equinox22 : Mine's a late September car. When did you buy yours?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 15th April 2009 at 21:57.
Old 15th April 2009, 22:06   #125
Senior - BHPian

what happened to the 6~7ish figures ?
Old 15th April 2009, 22:27   #126
BHPian

@ImmortalZ: I got mine in the middle of August last year.
Old 15th April 2009, 22:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

@greenhorn : Seems to have been an anomaly. I've changed pumps now and I get constant mileage figures, improving ever so slightly. If I actually drove sedately on my early morning trips, I might start getting some good averages. But I'm too easily tempted by the wide open roads and the ever present hunger for that engine note.
Old 15th April 2009, 23:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

to go a bit off topic, thats the secret of my workaholism. instead of getting out of the office at 6 and humming and hawing in the middle of some traffic jam, I stay back, browse t bhp , while giving the impression of being a productive employee ( and that we recently got a stoopid new policy that we need to stay 9.25 hours , else leaves get deducted is an even bigger incentive), and get out at 9. the kazhakuttom to chavadimukku stretch at night is some of the most fun filled few minutes every day. Pity that the more fun I'm having, the sooner it ends !
Old 16th April 2009, 07:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I'm only too willing to do just that if I get employed at Technopark.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 16th April 2009 at 07:51.
Old 16th April 2009, 10:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

man, you guys are making me miss trivandrum. I lived there for 22 years before I had to come over to Bangalore to take care of my career.

Coming back to civvy, I felt a few times while on bad roads some metal - metal touching sound. I showed to service, and had got some indication of subframes, and normally would go by a retorquing of the suspensions. Not there always - few times, but we freaks notice every other sound in the car
Old 16th April 2009, 10:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

It's only late night though. TVM is still a sleepy town and everything goes quiet after 9PM. That and Technopark being located at the outskirts of the town right on a bypass helps things in the city. Bangalore is suffocated by IT traffic right in the heart of town.

I still hate driving through peak traffic mostly because I fear for some biker scratching/shattering stuff. I have had two instances where bikers hit my ORVMs and stared at me like I was some criminal - I was at standstill! If my mom wasn't with me, I woulda given them some of their own medicine in words.

Subframe issues or suspension issues? You are true about the sounds thing. I hear things no one (including the service center people) don't hear. My mom is like "What are you searching for?!?". After twenty seconds of looking around, I go "A-ha! Move that plastic bag please, it is irritating the hell outta me." She looks at me incredulously like I'm a Martian or something.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2009, 10:49   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Subframe issues or suspension issues? You are true about the sounds thing. I hear things no one (including the service center people) don't hear. My mom is like "What are you searching for?!?". After twenty seconds of looking around, I go "A-ha! Move that plastic bag please, it is irritating the hell outta me." She looks at me incredulously like I'm a Martian or something.

And I thought only I was paranoid about such things
Old 16th April 2009, 19:08   #133
BHPian

Well said Immortalz. Last week I was driving back from the service centre with a friend. And there was this tiny rattle that I kept hearing from the passenger side. My friend heard nothing and it took a lot of convincing to get him to search. After an agonizing 15 minutes we found it was his jacket zipper hitting the seatbelt buckle. Phew!
Old 17th April 2009, 17:56   #134
Senior - BHPian

Good mileage Immortalz. I still get 8 - 8.5 in Bangalore. Guess its the stop go traffic here. I've never been able to figure out my highway mileage. I start off sedately and then either there are tempting roads like the Krishnagiri - Thoppur section or Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi section. Or sometimes its some nut acting funny after I overtake him. So my mileage has been from 10 to 13.5. Anyways I've never bothered much about it till date.

What's that about skimming the disc? My dealer said its got to be changed as it had grooves and well since I wasn't very happy about my brakes and they had started to screech I went ahead and changed it.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Yes, if one drives reasonably sedately, you get 13-14 kmpl on the highway, which is not too bad at all for the auto/weight/power. Earlier I used to get about 11.5, but after the car has completed 10k, it simply seems to be getting better and smoother.

I recently also noticed that the grade logic control which did not seem to be working too well earlier (I had to use the paddles on downhill ghat sections) now seems to be working quite well and the same ghat sections, I simply left it in 'D' without any problems and with good engine braking. Maybe they did a software update on the ECU/ECM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks