Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 15:17   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
My (Pre-Worshipped upto 64,700kms last year) '09 Linea MJD clocked 70,000 today.

I know its a sluggish car, but mine definitely somewhat lacks punch that it used have last year. Also, it isn't delivering mileage that it used to with sedate driving (& upshifting @2000RPM). Theres no turbo hose leak - service center confirmed 2 times in the past 3-4 months.

Last service was done last year at 61k kms. Planning to service at FNG rather than FASS. (May need to check intake manifold.)
Get the intake manifold, EGR and intercooler cleaned. Should cost you around 2k in labour charges. If you can find some one in your city who has a decarbonizing machine then get it done too. You will have the smooth acceleration and economy back with no black smoke at all. It will surprise you in every way thats is we generally get used to the current performance compared to when new. So it's time you remember how your car was when new
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 17:08   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Will check.

Now , for my peace of mind, I checked the tool kit bag for the first time ..the contents are as below, can you pls check if its same as yours Linea 2012:

- 1 jack
- 1 spanner
- 1 screw driver
- 1 tow hook

Thats It! If not, I need to take up with the dealer.
Hi,

This is my first post on Team-BHP 8 months after creating my login and the reason is this - I am a proud owner of a 2009 Feb Fiat linea MJD Emotion Pack. In the last almost 6 years of ownership never faced a flat tyre. Today when it happened - the toolkit was opened for the 1st time and I find exactly the same contents as mentioned in the above post. Only additional item that i find is a plastic spanner bit which promptly broke when I tried to open the bolt of my flat tyre. So am stuck in my building basement with a flat tyre and no spanner to open it.

Was searching for similar cases and came across this post in T-BHP. Any suggestions on buying a good spanner in Delhi would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Will be shorting posting my ownership experience on my Linea which has clocked 1 Lac kms.
Old 8th December 2015, 17:02   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any recommendation for EGR cleaning? I don't see this in the Fiat service manual.
Old 10th February 2016, 14:36   #379
BHPian

Such a wonderful thread on such a lovely well maintained car.. I want to use this thread to get a urgent help from he experts.

Car- Linea Active D, 2012.
Boot Operation : Manual (key) / Driver underseat lever ( No remote option)

Today morning while opening the boot ( to take out the Jopasu and do needful :-) ) , i found that the boot is not opening by the key nor by the driver seat latch.

I observed the key is not turning around fully ...means its jammed inside. Also the manual lever is not coming upwards fully to release the boot lock.

PS : Everyday 2 times, the car undergoes the abuse of Company security folks who look around for bombs etc in boot , and 90% time, they bang it very hard to close.

Not sure what happened inside, if you experts can shed some light on the probable causes or some DIY [ before saturday when i can visit the workshop at the earliest] in case issue persists.

I am unable to take the car to office since sec guys wont allow it inside without opening boot .

Pls suggest how to resolve, before my workshop trip.
Old 10th February 2016, 15:42   #380
BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to take the car to office since sec guys wont allow it inside without opening boot .

Pls suggest how to resolve, before my workshop trip.
Does your car have foldable rear seats?
Only some models came with that option.(in my case it's not there)
If your car has them, then you can fold the rear seats and access the boot lock from inside. Push the silver lever on the left end(when you face it from the opening from the rear seats ) of the lock assembly towards the center and your boot will be unlocked. Might need some extra effort and use a narrow blunt object to push the lever.(there is very limited space between the contour in the body where the lock goes in). Once opened you can check it out yourself.

If your car doesn't have foldable seats, you will have to remove them to access the boot lock assy.

--gKrish--
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 16:00   #381
BHPian

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I think ACTIVE version comes with Fixed Rear seat ...so no option but to open nut/bolt/ screws of seat which is cumbersome.

will take it to SC only ..too much of DIY work :-(
Old 28th March 2016, 11:57   #382
BHPian

Yesterday my linea was rear ended by a carelessly driven honda city. Quite a massive thud from behind.

so far felt that, the impact was taken well by the car ...but the impact was so severe that , it cracked the bumper ( photo attached). Bumper was not at all dislodged,just this long 2 ft crack.

The honda city guy was a thug driver and he used his muscle power to leave the scene, without paying a penny in cash / insurance. The car which has hit me was : MH14 EH 8370 ( photo attached). Since I was with my family, could not do much wrt police case etc.

Pls suggest :

1) whether this is repairable, and if at all, will wit give the protection it gave this time ?
2) If it needs , full replacement, how much will i get from insurance ? total cost of replacement is 10K approx.( part+painting+labour)
3) What are the possible repair options , if its a feasible and safe approachFiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-lineabumpercrack.jpg?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-honda-city-hit-car-8370.jpg  

Old 28th March 2016, 14:53   #383
BANNED

Quote:
Yesterday my linea was rear ended by a carelessly driven honda city. Quite a massive thud from behind.
Indeed a serious thud, and more surprising given the fact that the City, which is a comparatively flimsy Japanese car didnt bear any of the brunt.

Quote:
The honda city guy was a thug driver and he used his muscle power to leave the scene, without paying a penny in cash / insurance. The car which has hit me was : MH14 EH 8370 ( photo attached). Since I was with my family, could not do much wrt police case etc.
This is the easy part. File a case even today and tell the cops that he was a rogue. The rest is easy to take care of.

The bumper is not repairable if you expect it to work as a bumper. It is better to replace it and claim insurance. Depending on the kind of insurance you have, you should be able to get at least 50% of the cost of the bumper.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 11:29   #384
BHPian

I would also suggest to get the bumper replaced. I feel a broken bumper wont provide the level of protection it is supposed to provide.
My Rapid was also rear-ended similarly and the bumper cracked exactly like in your car. Got it replaced under insurance.
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 11:50   #385
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
I would also suggest to get the bumper replaced. I feel a broken bumper wont provide the level of protection it is supposed to provide.
My Rapid was also rear-ended similarly and the bumper cracked exactly like in your car. Got it replaced under insurance.
will try to get the quote of insurance today. how much % you got covered by insurance since bumper is a plastic part ?

Dealer has given me a rough estimate 10-12k for replacement.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:54   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

This is the easy part. File a case even today and tell the cops that he was a rogue. The rest is easy to take care of.
THe incident happened in Mumbai Vashi and I stay in Pune. Not sure whether I should go to Vashi to file a case. Will Police be of any help at all in getting compensation , i dont want visits to PS just for queries of police officers and at end no result. During accident scene on Sunday, despite 5 police man present , with both parties avl, they DID NOTHING. So, I have zero hope now on them, unless there is a genuine possibility of police help, if you say so.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:19   #387
BANNED

Quote:
During accident scene on Sunday, despite 5 police man present , with both parties avl, they DID NOTHING. So, I have zero hope now on them, unless there is a genuine possibility of police help, if you say so.
There are 2 ways of dealing with this, in case you want to.

1. Take the trouble of going to Vashi once, and file a complaint in detail, especially about his attitude and harassment. Take a copy of it, scan it and email it to the DCP of the area if you cannot meet him. Then, email to the DIG & the PHQ.

2. Go to Vashi, file a complaint, ask the SHO the possible date of the next action and make the complaint, the offending car and the SHO popular on social media.

Will this get you compensation from that person? Can't say since compensation is not mandated by the MV Act.

Will it trouble him? Definitely.

Hope this clarifies it to some extent.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:41   #388
BHPian

@Amazing,
Do you want him punished or do you want to move on ?

If its the latter, (and AFAIK this is how it works) just go to the Station & file an FIR against "unknown persons" (with the pic as proof), for the accident.

They'll give you a receipt for the FIR & I guess that could be used to claim insurance.

If you have 0-Depreciation coverage, the bare(black) bumper cost would be covered, I think you'll have to incur the painting cost. You'll lose the NCB next year.

Edit : First get the repairs done & the car to optimum safety, later if/when the cops track him, you may choose to ask for whatever damage you've incurred. (I'd recommend don't deal with such rogues directly - let the cops do the talking {for a small charge}. Don't give him your contact details by any chance, I'd recommend you settle at PS itself.)

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 29th March 2016 at 12:50.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:48   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
@Amazing,
Do you want him punished or do you want to move on ?

If its the latter, (and AFAIK this is how it works) just go to the Station & file an FIR against "unknown persons" (with the pic as proof), for the accident.

They'll give you a receipt for the FIR & I guess that could be used to claim insurance.

If you have 0-Depreciation coverage, the bare(black) bumper cost would be covered, I think you'll have to incur the painting cost.
But now worry is, do I need a police report to claim insurance ? In my earlier car, I have claimed insurance of door replacement ( hit by a bike) without police report , so pls clarify this part.
thanks.
Old 29th March 2016, 14:45   #390
BHPian

Police report is not required in this case.
Also, I would not recommend pursuing it any further because even if you want to claim the damages from that person, then the only legal way to claim damages is to invoke 3rd party claim from his insurance policy. Legally, he is not bound to pay damages in cash, after all, paying cash amounts to out-of-court settlement.
On the other hand, if you just want to teach him a lesson by troubling him, even then it is not worth to waste your precious time and money on such an idiot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks