Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 18:53   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Had two flats in 2 days,and both of them major one's where in the air leaked out all of a sudden,and the tyre went totally flat with not even 1 PSI of air.Had forgotten the Hydraulic jack at home,and this when i realized stock jack is such a pain to use,the car went so low at sides,that the jack refused to sit beneath the body.
Old 23rd May 2013, 19:02   #362

I'm experiencing sudden emission of black smoke from the exhaust on high revs like shifting gears. The SA says a turbo pipe is cracked. The part is presently not available. Says it will cost about 1500. Anyone facing similar issue. Could it be due to the pipe? Comments pl
Old 26th May 2013, 08:21   #363

Got the issue fixed y'day.. It was indeed the intercooler hose that was cracked.Could be normal wear and tear. Cost - 3K - 1500 for the 2 hoses & 1000 lab + tax. I wonder if anyone has experienced the same on a 3 yr old car. The service at Tuli was pretty good and it was nice to see an exclusive fiat ser centre. The SA told me that theres not going tobe any spares issue now. Lets gope for the best. GO GO FIAT !
thumpingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 15:55   #364

I experienced the same issue of black smoke emitting from my 3+ year old Linea MKD Emotions pack and posted my service experience on another forum for Fiat service station as well. Same issue of inter cooler hose pipe leakage. Well I mixed up there it with turbo one. Got it fixed from dedicated Fiat service center at Okhla in New Delhi, Kashyap Motors. Excellent service, charged 1700 bucks that included 500 for pick and drop. No smoke now and increased mileage of 18+, a first in entire life of my Linea. Other parts were also available there. Incidentally after that I began noticing this issue of black smoke in other cars also and observed it to be not that uncommon. In fact seen a new Verna emitting smoke like mine.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:38   #365
BHPian

I have been facing an issue with the check engine-lock code amber light on the instrument panel on my linea mjet 2011 model done 38k kms.
The exact problem is that I got a low fuel warning along with the check engine light coming up when I started the car in the morning. I turned off the engine and tried twice and the light vanished. I have faced this two times in last three days. The car was not being used much since a month. All this happened with fuel tank 75% full.
Can it be related to issue with battery?
Please let me know if anyone came across such issue.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:49   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
stock jack is such a pain to use,the car went so low at sides,that the jack refused to sit beneath the body.
If it was just one flat tire, you could probably have had someone sit on the diagonally opposite side to help raise the body a bit. This was used on a Judo when trying to replace a tire on uneven ground; it's unsafe, but in India people usually pay little attention to safety, right from the plumber who climbs up to the water tank on flimsy bamboo ladders without wearing any harness to the bicycles that suddenly turn and cut across 2 lanes of traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
I got a low fuel warning along with the check engine light coming up. All this happened with fuel tank 75% full.
The fuel warning is probably from a faulty sensor, but you should get the vehicle inspected because of the check engine light. It's probably something minor, but why risk it - the insurance folk would refuse to pay if the vehicle was operated with the check engine light glowing.
Old 11th March 2014, 00:34   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

My Linea MJD has crossed 3K Kms mostly driven on bangalore city roads, as of now I am really happy about this buy. However, I have couple of issues,

1) Rear Right door doesn't lock at times. Any pointers to resolve this issue?

2) When in 1st gear, at times the car jerks a lot. Is this about getting used to the clutch or something else?

3) I get a very minor sound from the steering(not sure if this is really from steering), as if a towel is fluttering in the wind. This is an intermittent issue as well.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:12   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My Linea MJD has crossed 3K Kms mostly driven on bangalore city roads, as of now I am really happy about this buy. However, I have couple of issues,

1) Rear Right door doesn't lock at times. Any pointers to resolve this issue?

2) When in 1st gear, at times the car jerks a lot. Is this about getting used to the clutch or something else?

3) I get a very minor sound from the steering(not sure if this is really from steering), as if a towel is fluttering in the wind. This is an intermittent issue as well.
Hello,

1) Door locking issue - FASS :-)
2) Getting used to clutch. You have to know at what point clutch engages /disengages and be gentle at that point.
3) Does issue happen in second gear when clutch us depressed? If so check engine C mount and adjust clutch.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:04   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Got the issue fixed y'day.. It was indeed the intercooler hose that was cracked.Could be normal wear and tear. Cost - 3K - 1500 for the 2 hoses & 1000 lab + tax. I wonder if anyone has experienced the same on a 3 yr old car. The service at Tuli was pretty good and it was nice to see an exclusive fiat ser centre. The SA told me that theres not going tobe any spares issue now. Lets gope for the best. GO GO FIAT !
Yes, I had the issue too, about a year back when my car was just over two years old. It could be a wear/tear issue or some rodent friend that is causing the issue. I hear this is one of the common problem and any good mechanic should be able to tell you immediately. In my case, the mechanic in Concord couldn't. But they figured this is the issue within 5 minutes at Vecto motors.
Old 27th July 2014, 19:51   #370
Senior - BHPian

My (Pre-Worshipped upto 64,700kms last year) '09 Linea MJD clocked 70,000 today.

I know its a sluggish car, but mine definitely somewhat lacks punch that it used have last year. Also, it isn't delivering mileage that it used to with sedate driving (& upshifting @2000RPM). Theres no turbo hose leak - service center confirmed 2 times in the past 3-4 months.

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-70000.jpg

Last service was done last year at 61k kms. Planning to service at FNG rather than FASS. (May need to check intake manifold.)

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th July 2014 at 20:00.
Old 27th July 2014, 23:03   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
My (Pre-Worshipped upto 64,700kms last year) '09 Linea MJD clocked 70,000 today.

I know its a sluggish car, but mine definitely somewhat lacks punch that it used have last year. Also, it isn't delivering mileage that it used to with sedate driving (& upshifting @2000RPM). Theres no turbo hose leak - service center confirmed 2 times in the past 3-4 months.

Attachment 1267050

Last service was done last year at 61k kms. Planning to service at FNG rather than FASS. (May need to check intake manifold.)
Regarding the sluggishness , I remember opting for "intake manifold cleaning" during 60,000 kms service.
That made a noticeable difference in the driving characteristics as compared to before.
You can check the previous service records and if not opted for then give it a try.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 13:35   #372
BHPian

I have had a truly wonderful experience driving the car as well as with Fiat service since 2010. Now after doing around 32000 kms and little more than a year and < 10k kms since my last servicing, I am suddenly finding that gear shifting has become very rigid. It is as if I have to forcibly guide the gear lever to the specific positions for the needed gear unlike in the past when it used to almost read my mind. Worst cases are when I try to move from 5th gear to 4th gear or 3rd gear. Anyone having any idea about this situation?
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:50   #373

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Linea 1.4 E+. I am finding that the car is pulling to the left. I already tried these things

1) Wheel Alignment
2) Cross tyre rotation

before I went to FASS (Bavdhan, Pune). They asked me to go to a Tyre guy with possible issues as
1) Alloy rims (Back) damaged
2) Try switching tyres from left to right on the rim.

When I went to Lokmanya Tyres, they told me

1) Alloys are fine
2) My Michelin's cannot be switched due to the tread structure.

We then tried
1) Front tyre swap
2) Wheel alignment check
3) Steering is not misaligned.

All looks fine on the tyre front but the car still pulls. They asked me to go back to FASS to check if the steering assembly has some fault. This is where I am not very knowledgeable. Can anybody suggest what could the issue be and what I can get checked? I am going to FASS tomorrow again.

Thanks a lot!!

Nilesh
Old 28th January 2015, 12:48   #374
BANNED

Dear owners of linea ( especially Tjet ) do you think Fiat have sorted out most of the issues ? i.e. after 5-6 years of launch, they should at-least fix most of the issue at the manufacturing plant.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:52   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Dear owners of linea ( especially Tjet ) do you think Fiat have sorted out most of the issues ? i.e. after 5-6 years of launch, they should at-least fix most of the issue at the manufacturing plant.
Most (if not all). The primary one- i.e fit & finish of interiors has been completely rectified in the 2014 facelift.

The MJD had timing chain issues- has been fixed subsequently. Of course- minor rattles might differ from car to car- on a case to case basis. May be there. May be not. All 2014 Linea's I've been inside are remarkably- rattle free.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 28th January 2015 at 14:54.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks