Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 17:37   #436
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
I am experience gear grinding noise in my Punto (Multijet) while engaging gears 2, 3 & 5th gear. PS: car has done 1,09,000 kms and running on stock clutch.

Replace the clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing.

Put in new gear oil and all will be well.
Old 19th September 2019, 09:20   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
Did you get it replaced or repaired?
If had to get my lcd display screen on the speedometer replaced. There was no scope of repair (till what could find out)
Prash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 21:13   #438
BHPian

Trying to revive a old thread.

My Linea is 3 years 8 months old, 50000kms. Out of Fiat warranty 8 months ago. I was driving through flooded roads in Mumbai since yesterday and have faced a couple of issues. The water levels were not so low. However, i did see some Vernas and taxi cars like Santro etc pass ahead of me in the waters. So, i drove ahead. As soon as i passed the pool of water i got a Check Engine Light CEL on my MID. I was not very concerned about it because i faced it couple of times when i tried passing through flooded roads. It usually goes away in 24 hours and it did go away. I was told that this CEL shows up when some sensor which is placed pretty low in the engine bay gets wet. Once it dries up the CEL goes away.

I reached home around 12 noon and parked. CEL was glowing. Evening, i took the car out to attend to couple of errands and stopped at 2 to 3 places. No flooded roads now. No problems, it started well. In this running the CEL also vanished because the sensor also probably dried. While i was starting from the last shop i was taken back by surprise when the car started on it's own without me cranking at all. I had just inserted the key and turned to ignition on and did not crank yet. I was closing the door and trying to put on my seat belt before cranking. I removed the key, inserted again and didn't crank yet and same thing the car auto cranked.

I was wondering what if i had parked the car in gear 1. The car would have lunged forward and crashed into the wall ahead. I was not yet in control of the brakes or clutch yet. I was keeping a cake box in the codriver seat, closing the door and putting on the seat belt. I don't have remote lock in my car. So, i manually unlock, put the key to ignition on position, do my things like keeping the wallet, mobile phone in their place, put the seatbelt on, check if the gear lever is in neutral etc in the time the lights on MID turn on and the glow plug lights up for a few seconds and then goes off. Then i crank. That's the routine i follow everytime.

I googled but could not find anything related to it.

While on my way back i sensed some power loss for like 2 to 3 seconds but the engine didn't die on me. I started to feel some faint burning smell in the car though the ac was on. I turned the ac off. I dismissed it thinking to be outside smell. I reached home, parked, didn't shut the engine and got down to see if something was amiss. I felt the engine noise was not as smooth as it used to be especially after a drive. It felt coarse. I could also feel the same faint burning smell around the engine bay.

Looking for some guidance on what could be the probable issue with the car. Where do i start?

Btw, after reaching home i put the key in and turned to ignition on position and the car did not autocrank. So, i am assuming that's resolved.

Last edited by bharatbits : 4th August 2020 at 21:23.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 22:01   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Guys I have a 2015 Punto Evo 90 hp that has clocked 43.5k kms as of now. For the past month I have been facing a problem that is felt only during cold starts.

So on a cold start (most apparent when we start the car for the first time in the day) when I drive with a light foot, the engine hesitates/misfires between 1500-2000 rpms specially in 2nd gear and sometimes in 3rd gear. It feels that the car isn't getting adequate fuel.

But as soon as the the car reaches its optimum temperature ie the temperature needle reaches the middle position this problem vanishes and the car drives like normal.

If I stomp on the A pedal ( that I don't do in cold starts) again this problem isn't noticed. The car idles as usual and there are no unusual lights seen on the MID.

Looking for pointers.
I noticed you have posted this query on two threads (other being : this (Fiat Linea (1.3 MJD EP) Acceleration Issue!!!)) asking for pointers but in vain.

I am facing exactly the same issue you described in my Linea , which has recently clocked 60K , for quite some time now. Were you able to sort out this issue?

As per history, I have had no major issues except for loads of black smoke because of a cracked intercooler hose (at 49K). I don't know if this can anyway result in the hesitations we are facing between 1500 to 2000 rpm. One addition to the issue is that this hesitation is always accompanied with a tractor like clatter and it starts exactly at 1500 rpm.

I don't know if this has any impact to the engine but I am not too much concerned as this does not happen when the car is driven normally i.e. only happens with a very light foot in the 2nd and 3rd gear as originally described.

I have tried to capture this on a video I just uploaded , listen with headphones

Any pointers?
Old 28th September 2020, 16:43   #440
BHPian

Hi. I still have this issue in my Punto and the current ODO is almost 74k kms. Nowadays I am not getting to drive much and when I take it out for a spin once in a week this issue shows more prominently. But again it vanishes once the engine reaches its operating temperature.
Last time I had got done all the checks like getting the injectors checked, fuel filter, MAF sensor, also got the fuel tank cleaned and also got it checked if there was any water. All tests were negative.
I also listened to your video and yes your case is similar to mine. I know of 2-3 more such cases. I would suggest you to get the MAF sensor cleaned/replaced and see if rectifies the issue.

Last edited by Waspune : 28th September 2020 at 16:48.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 01:14   #441
BHPian

Hi All,

I have just purchased a used Linea Multijet 2017 Model. Variant Dynamic.

I needed some info related the the infotainment system.

1. What is the default audio code? Settings - General - Asks for the code, wanted to know the default code.

2. What kind of card is required for the navigation slot?

I have searched all over for the above information but not able to gather any.

Do let me know what could be done for the above 2 queries.
Old 8th October 2020, 23:31   #442
BHPian

The LCD in the instrument cluster has given up. Does anyone know where i can purchase a replacement LCD? Apparently its a common problem with lineas
Old 9th February 2021, 17:46   #443

There is a clicking (tik) sound/noise coming somewhere very close to my right ear in my LINEA. I am not able to pinpoint the source , it comes on uneven roads. Does not have to be a pothole , just an uneven road makes this sound. I have mildly banged on the door panels , but nothing. It is not a constant noise i.e. one tik and it goes away , also going on the same stretch of road does not guarantee that the tik will come or not. I am not able to ignore it. I have checked the door edge trims, they are not hard, have applied silicon spray wherever I could , but nothing. Does not seem to be coming from the B-Pillar but not sure, any pointers?
Old 9th February 2021, 18:27   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilecentric View Post
There is a clicking (tik) sound/noise coming somewhere very close to my right ear in my LINEA. I am not able to pinpoint the source , it comes on uneven roads.
Check if you have a stone stuck in your tyre tread.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 20:46   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilecentric View Post
There is a clicking (tik) sound/noise coming somewhere very close to my right ear in my LINEA. I am not able to pinpoint the source , it comes on uneven roads. Does not have to be a pothole , just an uneven road makes this sound. I have mildly banged on the door panels , but nothing. It is not a constant noise i.e. one tik and it goes away , also going on the same stretch of road does not guarantee that the tik will come or not. I am not able to ignore it. I have checked the door edge trims, they are not hard, have applied silicon spray wherever I could , but nothing. Does not seem to be coming from the B-Pillar but not sure, any pointers?
OK , this time sat in the rear seat with a friend driving. The tik sound is coming from inside the B pillar , just where the seat belt pretensioner is. Will take this up whenever I visit the service centre.
Old 15th February 2021, 16:39   #446
BHPian

Friends, need urgent advise, as you know I had purchased Tjet few month back driving just 800 kms. Today was the first day I took it out station. Everything was well till around 100 kms the 3rd gear started slipping back into neutral. I am away from home and service center is also 100 kms away. All other gears are working fine. Please advise what should I do and what repair I am starting at. Talked to fiat service they said that pinion might have gone and I would need to keep the car in service till parts are ordered and received. Any useful advise is welcomed. I am out with family. So can't just leave the car as such. Can I drive with other gears?
Regards
Old 26th June 2021, 10:46   #447

Hello,

I have exactly the same bumper crack on my Linea as seen in this pic:

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-crack.png

Also this video shows how it can be fixed.

I have also seen a few more plastic welding videos which show tab and bumper repairs. FASS suggested me to replace the whole bumper, but the bumper has been holding strong with this crack for more than 2 years now and now I saw this video.

Has anyone had a good experience with plastic welding in or around Mumbai? A good skilled person is what I am looking for otherwise it will be messed up.
Old 5th March 2022, 22:09   #448
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I own Jun-2012 Linea- Diesel Top-end (Emotion). Please note that car is not used much as we are still working from home and we have another car (2021 Crysta) which is primary ride now.

I have been facing this Battery draining issue since Dec'21.
Nov'21: Got New Battery The car was unused for 2 months - Oct'21 to Nov'21 and the car battery was dead. Since it was almost 4 years for the battery, I got new battery (Amaron) in Nov'21.

Dec'21- Replaced with new battery : The car battery was dead (car not used for a week). I got new battery as replacement from Amaron (awesome service they have!).

Jan'21- Battery dead, jump started: Car battery dead again after car wasn't used for a week. This time I got car jump-started, kept engine running for 1.5-2 hours and it was all fine. The alternator is charging the battery as it was showing 13.8-14V when engine was running.

Mar'21 - Battery dead; jump started: Battery again went dead when it was not started for a week. I again got the car jump started, let the car on for 1.5-2 hours and everything is back to normal.

So, very clearly, the car is leaking current somewhere. How do I get it fixed?
I have not added any new electrical accessory in last 4+ years so this is a new phenomena!
Will FNGs who do work on electrical work be able to diagnose his issue?
Can I trust Fiat Authorized Service Center to do correct diagnosis?
Old 6th March 2022, 10:31   #449
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

@daretodream.

Use a multimeter in current measurement mode (red cable in the appropriate socket)* and connect in series with the - terminal of the car, after switching the car off and disconnecting the -ve of the battery.
(series = connect the red cable/probe of the multi to the connector of the car that was a moment ago connected to the -ve of the battery and connect the black cable/probe of the multi to the -ve terminal post of the battery. Basically the multimeter is man-in-the-middle of the regular connection in the car).

Now, the car's main computer(BCM) will boot up (since the ckt is complete). Wait for 2 minutes and now lock the car using the remote keyfob. Wait for a further 2 minutes. Now note what the current value is, shown by the multimeter. If it is anything higher than 10mA, there is definite current leak in the car.

The most likely candidate to cause this leak is the Blue&Me unit housed on the roof of the glovebox**. There will be a connector from the car that hooksup to this unit. Remove that connector and repeat the above measurement experiment (lock and wait and then watch the current value).

If you still see a current value above 10mA, there is a harder problem to debug. Try the above first, and then we can proceed systematically with the debug.

* very important to put the multimeter in the right mode, otherwise you would end up shorting the battery and/or burning the multimeter. Look up youtube, there will be tons of videos how to do it.

** use youtube to check how to access the B&M unit in your car, how to unplug it's main cable, etc.

Last edited by venkyhere : 6th March 2022 at 10:34.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 11:47   #450
BHPian

Subject:Fiat linea emotion1.3-2016 model- PY01CL8777-Battery drain issue-regarding..
-------------

Dear Experts, posting on behalf of my friend

Warm greetings,
The above-mentioned carat 63000kms of motoring, faced battery drain problem when the car was parked idle for 5-7 consecutive days.
Yet the car was in good running conditions with no other issues if used regularly.
Also the instrument cluster is displaying some errors such as check engine lights,ABS unavailable and so on.

Kindly tell about
1.what type of problem is this?
2.How to solve the problem?

Kindly guide me and do the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks