Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 11:53   #406
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Last saturday I was driving back home at around 8pm and there was hardly a few meters to my house when my clutch pedal suddenly sank and I couldn't shift into gear.

After reading about the various clutch slave cylinder failures in Fiats on TBHP, I presumed it to be a bust CSC even before getting down and taking a look
under the hood (Heck, I even calculated the expense for new CSC incl. Labour and GST) . Anyway with the help of the gradient of the road, I managed to roll the car inside our compound. I opened the hood and found hydraulic fluid sprayed all over the right portion of the engine bay. I pushed the boot of the CSC and found that it was alright except that the bleeder nipple cap was open and the retaining clip had come off. Got a mechanic the next day and got the line bled and clip placed back.

I'm still not happy with it as the clip can pop out if someone touches it from below with slightest pressure. The mechanic says, it is enough to hold the hose in place. Can anyone check if it comes that easily in your cars as I think the clip is has lost its elasticity or was fiat not thinking about the shakes in a car. Please suggest any method to keep it more secured in place. I'd prefer a nut for the bleeder any-day.

Attaching a pic for reference.
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20170830_100755.jpg

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 30th August 2017 at 11:55.
Old 19th September 2017, 14:24   #407
BHPian

Guys I'm facing issues with respect to injectors (as known so far), following are the problems:

1. Inconsistent idling during cold start (which settles after 25-30 secs)
2. Drop in power (especially mid-range performance)
3. Engine speed takes longer to drop while up shifting gears

So far I have consulted 2 mechanics (Fiat authorized + Local mechanic) the authorized service station says Starter Motor issue (which is kind of disagree) and local mechanic says one if the injectors are weak (again no science to prove it)

I also tried Liqui Moly petrol injector cleaner (there was a change observed but not completely sorted)

Can I seek help to solve the issue, firstly I want to know if its the injectors which is troubling or anything else (is there any way to check it scientifically), if it is injectors are there better ways to clean it (apart from injector cleaning liquid)

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 20th September 2017, 22:35   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamnos View Post
Guys I'm facing issues with respect to injectors (as known so far), following are the problems:

1. Inconsistent idling during cold start (which settles after 25-30 secs)
2. Drop in power (especially mid-range performance)
3. Engine speed takes longer to drop while up shifting gears

So far I have consulted 2 mechanics (Fiat authorized + Local mechanic) the authorized service station says Starter Motor issue (which is kind of disagree) and local mechanic says one if the injectors are weak (again no science to prove it)

I also tried Liqui Moly petrol injector cleaner (there was a change observed but not completely sorted)

Can I seek help to solve the issue, firstly I want to know if its the injectors which is troubling or anything else (is there any way to check it scientifically), if it is injectors are there better ways to clean it (apart from injector cleaning liquid)

Thanks in advance guys.
My Tjet also faces the same idling issue. The FASS has a strange verdict, weak battery. It seems their scanners did not pick any issue.

Would follow this thread for the expert comments
Old 20th September 2017, 23:41   #409
BHPian

Guys I have a 2015 Punto Evo 90 hp that has clocked 43.5k kms as of now. For the past month I have been facing a problem that is felt only during cold starts.

So on a cold start (most apparent when we start the car for the first time in the day) when I drive with a light foot, the engine hesitates/misfires between 1500-2000 rpms specially in 2nd gear and sometimes in 3rd gear. It feels that the car isn't getting adequate fuel.

But as soon as the the car reaches its optimum temperature ie the temperature needle reaches the middle position this problem vanishes and the car drives like normal.

If I stomp on the A pedal ( that I don't do in cold starts) again this problem isn't noticed. The car idles as usual and there are no unusual lights seen on the MID.

Looking for pointers.
Old 30th November 2017, 13:15   #410
BHPian

Facing two problems of late in my T-Jet

1) AC would stop working intermittently. The blower works fine, but the AC does not seem to blow cold air, even though the compressor seems to be turning on and off. I noticed this especially on really hot days with the car out in the sun. The mechanic at the FNG found a connection in the dash (co-passenger area) where a contact point seemed to be loose. Seems to be working fine as of now. Is there something I should get checked?

2) Power window problem. First the rear 2 power windows stopped working. Although I think it is a relay/ECU problem, the mechanic said it was a motor problem. Replaced both power windows, but the problem seems to have come back, albeit not all the time.
In fact, some of the other power windows also don't work now and then. I read in some forums that it is a relay/ECU problem. I guess I will need to order the parts from 99rpm.com and get it fitted (no service centre where I live). Can someone guide me of the exact part from the picture/link below.

Or do you think the problem is elsewhere?

Link
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-ecm.jpg  

Old 30th November 2017, 15:47   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Guys I have a 2015 Punto Evo 90 hp that has clocked 43.5k kms as of now. For the past month I have been facing a problem that is felt only during cold starts.

So on a cold start (most apparent when we start the car for the first time in the day) when I drive with a light foot, the engine hesitates/misfires between 1500-2000 rpms specially in 2nd gear and sometimes in 3rd gear. It feels that the car isn't getting adequate fuel.

But as soon as the the car reaches its optimum temperature ie the temperature needle reaches the middle position this problem vanishes and the car drives like normal.

If I stomp on the A pedal ( that I don't do in cold starts) again this problem isn't noticed. The car idles as usual and there are no unusual lights seen on the MID.

Looking for pointers.
Observe again and you might be having the issue between 1400-1600 rpm and not above it. You will have it no matter what gear you are in when rpms are 1400-1600. Keep an eye on your coolant level. If the level is not dropping for another 1000km then put some engine oil(200-300ml) in the diesel tank when filling up the tank.
Old 4th December 2017, 10:48   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Observe again and you might be having the issue between 1400-1600 rpm and not above it. You will have it no matter what gear you are in when rpms are 1400-1600. Keep an eye on your coolant level. If the level is not dropping for another 1000km then put some engine oil(200-300ml) in the diesel tank when filling up the tank.

The hesitation is actually felt between 1500-2000 rpms only and mostly in 2nd gear when I am not stomping on the A pedal. Coolant level is fine. Also this behavior feels pronounced in monsoons. At current dry winter weather this issue is absent.
Old 4th December 2017, 19:54   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The hesitation is actually felt between 1500-2000 rpms only and mostly in 2nd gear when I am not stomping on the A pedal. Coolant level is fine. Also this behavior feels pronounced in monsoons. At current dry winter weather this issue is absent.
Then I am really confused to what causes it. I can only think of some moisture in diesel filter/tank. We do get water in some of our Fuel bunks due to heavy rains and I always take precaution to ask them if there was any seepage of water into their tanks before filling up during monsoons.
Old 5th February 2018, 08:07   #414
BHPian

Has anyone here experienced their Linea pulling towards the left. I got the alignment checked at MRF T&S multiple times in Chembur, Mumbai. After multiple rechecks they pointed the problem is with the tyres which i don't buy. The tyres are fairly new - Apollo 175 65 R14 20k run Jan 2016 Linea Classic. What else do you think can be the issue?

P.S When asked could it be a balancing issue, they said since there is no steering vibration or wobble at speeds above 80 balancing is not required. Since the vehicle steers left even at speeds as low as 20kmph it must be something to do with alignment.
Old 5th February 2018, 10:17   #415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
When asked could it be a balancing issue, they said since there is no steering vibration or wobble at speeds above 80 balancing is not required. Since the vehicle steers left even at speeds as low as 20kmph it must be something to do with alignment.
WA centers adjust only toe-in, that too on FWD cars, only front wheels. Check your WA report for castor/camber etc. Most likely castor is unbalanced b/w left and right front wheels. THere is a service bulletin specific to correcting left pull in FIAT service centers. Involves step by step instructions on adjusting variuos suspension components, probably a whole day affair. Ask whether they have it with them in your nearest FASS, and then take the car after they acknowledge what you are talking about.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 10:06   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
THere is a service bulletin specific to correcting left pull in FIAT service centers. Involves step by step instructions on adjusting variuos suspension components, probably a whole day affair. Ask whether they have it with them in your nearest FASS, and then take the car after they acknowledge what you are talking about.
Fiat admits that this is an inherent issue and has to be done with most Lineas? Per your experience was it covered under warranty? TIA
Old 25th February 2018, 14:34   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone here experienced their Linea pulling towards the left. I got the alignment checked at MRF T&S multiple times in Chembur, Mumbai. After multiple rechecks they pointed the problem is with the tyres which i don't buy. The tyres are fairly new - Apollo 175 65 R14 20k run Jan 2016 Linea Classic. What else do you think can be the issue?

P.S When asked could it be a balancing issue, they said since there is no steering vibration or wobble at speeds above 80 balancing is not required. Since the vehicle steers left even at speeds as low as 20kmph it must be something to do with alignment.

I had this issue in my Punto Evo but the FASS was able to sort it using the 4 page step by step report given by Fiat. They kept the car for 3 days. That report includes certain suspension permutation and combinations.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 14:27   #418
BHPian

Quote:
I had this issue in my Punto Evo but the FASS was able to sort it using the 4 page step by step report given by Fiat. They kept the car for 3 days. That report includes certain suspension permutation and combinations.
So, was the issue present in the car from the time you purchased it?
Old 4th March 2018, 21:34   #419
BHPian

Quote:
So, was the issue present in the car from the time you purchased it?

Nope. That issue surfaced after the 30k service maybe after they did WA + WB.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 00:56   #420
BHPian

Hi all,
AC fan of my 2010 Linea MJD is working sporadically.
It works when start in mornings, or when the engine is cool after after a long park.
But when you really need AC at hot climate, when engine is hot, it doesn't work.

Well, if you give a thud at the bottom side of AC Fan from under the glovebox, it starts working mostly, but many times fan only works, no cool air.

But when it gives cool air, AC works as usual, though not in instant chilling cool.

It seems a loose contact in AC Fan, is it ?

FASS recommend replacing AC Fan at a cost of about 10000.

1. What will be the reason of this problem?
2. Is this problem repairable, or just replace at this cost and no way out, please ?

Last edited by Sunney : 7th May 2018 at 01:00. Reason: Adding one more line

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks